1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ultragauge Rebate

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by m3zy6, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Sep 7, 2010 at 6:25 PM
    m3zy6

m3zy6 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Roanoke, VA
    Vehicle:
    07 AC TRDOR 4x4 6spd
    I didn't want to trash Jag's thread, so I'm putting this in here.

For the record, if you make more than $18 an hour you might as well consider the price $64, because the "rebate" isn't even worth it. It's been mentioned before, but man, they go out of their way to make it painful. Those numbers/letters suck, and then they logged me out while I was getting them, so I had to start over. Then when you think you're done, they tell you that you have to make a copy of your invoice and mail all the stuff to them.

Here's their response to some others-
    I feel like Ive been taken advantage of - The exact opposite way I want to feel after dealing with a company. They never detail the rebate process before you buy the unit, and now they need me to mail it in? Why?! I just completed it ON THEIR WEBSITE!

I don't have any issues with the product, It seems nice enough, but I have only had it for about four hours. However, I won't be recommending them to anyone either.

I could be totally off base, but if I had a company that relied heavily on word of mouth, I would try to be as transparent as possible about what happens with my customers money. In fact, I would charge $64 for my product, and then put the rebate requirements in the box literature, so if the customer wants to make the effort they are rewarded, but the costumers who don't wont feel like they've been bait-and-switched.

2. Sep 7, 2010 at 6:31 PM
    JAG

JAG Well-Known Member

Member:
    Yeah the rebate is a pain in the :eek: ....

I think you can scan it all in.... thats at least what they told me.

Maybe even fax it in....

Do you want me to check what the deal is on that?

3. Sep 7, 2010 at 7:07 PM
    m3zy6

Member:
    Roanoke, VA
    Vehicle:
    07 AC TRDOR 4x4 6spd

Yeah man. If you are contacting them anyway, would you ask for me? Don't stress over it though, it's not about the money, its about the time ;). Had I known it would he such a pain in the ass I wouldn't have even bothered. But by the time I realized that they'd tricked me out of 30 minutes, it was already gone.

4. Sep 7, 2010 at 7:10 PM
    STLTaco09

STLTaco09 Well-Known Member

Member:
    5100's all around, fronts at 1.75". TSB leaf pack + Toytec TSB AAL
    I dont know... I read the Ultra-Guage explanation to their lengthy rebate process, and I can appreciate it. There are too many people that can't think logically and assume they can do everything right from the get-go. By UG forcing folks to read a few simple pages from the manual, I bet it eliminates a lot of worthless support requests - requests that could be answered by simply reading the manual (or broken gauges? How many people do you think try to adjust the position of their mounting bracket by grabbing the gauge itself? You and I may consider it trivial, but I bet you'd be surprised how many people would do this sort of thing).

The site timed out on me too, and all in all, it probably took me 20 minutes (not including the time I was playing with the gauge and settings while gathering the Hex codes). Big deal. The most frusterating part was having to run back out to the truck to get the date of manufacture because I forgot to get it the first time.

5. Sep 7, 2010 at 7:38 PM
    m3zy6

Member:
    Roanoke, VA
    Vehicle:
    07 AC TRDOR 4x4 6spd
    STL, I can understand what you're saying. I don't have any problems with the manual pages or questions, in fact, I wouldn't mind if they had more, because I do think that they could help keep the tech calls down. My problem is that part only takes about 3 minutes to do, and is the only part of the process that is actually geared toward the customers. The other 20+ minutes is unnecessary from a customer service POV. If the survey is geared toward customer satisfaction, then they are doing it horribly wrong. If it is so they can get test data on different platforms and other data, that would be fine too, as long as that's what they said. But saying its for customer satisfaction in its current form is complete bull.

In the end it comes down to what I mentioned in my first post, transparency. If I had known the rebate process beforehand, I just wouldn't have done it. But I would have been a completely satisfied customer, with literally nothing bad to say about the whole process.

To Top