1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Unbelievable

Discussion in 'Personal & Emotional Support' started by Blasphemous, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Sep 21, 2011 at 7:17 PM
    Blasphemous

Blasphemous [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    San Fernando Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport DC 4x4
    TRD SC, Stealth Pulley, DTLT Headers, URD MK3 Catback Exhaust, AFE II Intake
    Broad-sided her.

She was in the crosswalk when she was hit. Carried her on top of the car for about 25-30 feet then he stopped and she rolled another 5-6 feet.

I'm interested to see the tapes as well. I just can't imagine that she would dart out into an intersection on Ventura Blvd. We'll see though.

2. Sep 21, 2011 at 7:19 PM
    jjw1

jjw1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jesse
    Citrus County Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 Super White DCSB TRD OR PreRunner
    Weather Tech Floor Liners, Truxedo Bed Cover, OEM Silver Step Bars, Debadged, Colormatched Satoshi, Wet Okoles, OEM Roof Rack, Bed Mat, Locking Gas Cap, and removed Mud Flaps
    Good luck with the whole situation and hope your GF gets well soon

3. Sep 21, 2011 at 8:38 PM
    mntbiker2008

mntbiker2008 First I derp.. then I herp

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    93 Pick up 4x4 (sold), 10' Mazda 3
    Very glad she is alright for what happened. I used to commute to an old job on the road bike I had and got ran off the roads/ nearly clipped several times. It is scary out there now with bigger vehicles and people talking on their cell phones.

Hope she heals up quickly and does not have any long term problems! She is very lucky!

4. Sep 21, 2011 at 9:34 PM
    Blasphemous

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    San Fernando Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport DC 4x4
    Thanks guys.

Wish I could have gotten a picture of the smile on her face when she read this thread :)

5. Sep 21, 2011 at 9:49 PM
    ILove2Drive

ILove2Drive Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    WV
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma 4X4 5 Speed Manual
    Halo headlights, Black tail light covers, dual exhaust, 5100s front and rear, eibach coils, wheelers 1.5 AAL, window tint, bow arrow antenna, bull bar, painted grille emblem, debadged, raceline rims, a few decals, CB radio, alpine HU, husky floor liners, tool box, mesh grill...and more to come eventually
    Glad to hear she is okay, that is one of the craziest accidents I've heard of..especially with the cracked glass on that Jetta! :eek: God definitely is in the business of working miracles...had numerous times He's had my back too. Hope she continues to heal quickly!

6. Sep 21, 2011 at 10:09 PM
    84Hilux

84Hilux Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Vancouver, Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 Access Cab V6 4X4
    Stock Fog Lights, Camera Mirror, Arrow Canopy, Lighted 4x4switch, Weathertech Mats (Black), Wet Okoles- Black/Charcoal, Alpine CDA117 Headunit/ Alpine PDX4150 Amp/Alpine PDX M6 Amp/ Hybrid Legatia SE Components/ JL 10W6V2 Subwoofer/ Prototype MR Marv Sub Enclosure
    I've been in several accidents on a bicycle- first time, I remember cursing myself as I was flying through the air for not having a helmet. I wore a helmet ever since.

Really glad she is OK- careful though- I developed severe whiplash about 2 days after one of the accidents.

7. Sep 22, 2011 at 5:15 AM
    hoosiertaco

hoosiertaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    That made my day. Great smile in her pic on the earlier page. Continued prayer for a quick and complete recovery!

8. Sep 22, 2011 at 5:39 PM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
    Seems like this week has been tough on members and family.

9. Jan 13, 2012 at 1:27 PM
    Blasphemous

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    San Fernando Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport DC 4x4
    Just an update on this, girlfriend is fine. Walking/Running/Exercising again with nearly no issues!

On the legal side, there is video from a Jewish Kosher store on the corner that got the whole thing on tape, and it seems that the light may have mal-functioned.

Only the lawyers have seen the tape so far, so I am not sure what is going to happen as of now.

10. Jan 13, 2012 at 1:29 PM
    Dhawk1313

Dhawk1313 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    99 SR5
    Clear Corners, Clear Turn Signals, Pioneer Headunit, Kenwood speakers up front, Alpines in back, Billy 5100's front + rear, Toytec AAL, Eibach/Toytec Coilovers, Toytec Diff drop, Smoked taillights
    Damn dude. Glad she's alright

11. Jan 13, 2012 at 1:30 PM
    ian408

ian408 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    Santa Clara, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma
    Glad to hear the GF is doing well. Thanks for the update!

12. Jan 13, 2012 at 1:37 PM
    PreRunner03

PreRunner03 Hail State

Member:
    Vehicle:
    03 PreRunner Double Cab TRD
    Does this mean both parties can go after whoever is in charge of the infastructure?:confused: Seems as they would be at fault if neither of y'all are. Not a lawyer, just curious.

13. Jan 13, 2012 at 1:45 PM
    Blasphemous

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    San Fernando Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport DC 4x4
    That was the impression I got from our Lawyer over the phone. I just found out right before lunch and spent my entire lunch talking about it with my coworker.

From what I understand in a situation such as this, both parties can go after the city (or whoever is in charge of lights) and pursue damages/negligence.

I will know more information when we sit down with the lawyer again.

14. Jan 13, 2012 at 1:53 PM
    eachin

eachin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma Dbl Cab Long Bed, TRD Sport
    All pro font bumper with warn m8000 winch, 4xInnovations sliders, CBI rear wraparound bumper, allpro exped leaf pack, fox 2.0 rear shocks, OME front suspension (886), some other stuff
    obviously I don't know the details of the case, or the laws where you live, but you mentioned she was a bicyclist in a crosswalk. Where I live, if you're on your bike, you're a vehicle and you have no place being in a crosswalk.

Of course, she may have been walking her bike, or the laws may be different where you live, or maybe I misunderstood.

Just saying..

Glad everyone is ok regardless.

15. Jan 13, 2012 at 1:58 PM
    Blasphemous

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    San Fernando Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport DC 4x4
    This is true. As a bicyclist you are not suppose to be in the crosswalk.

After all the commotion I found out that she was not in the crosswalk, and that she was leaving from the driveway and into the street, about 1-2 feet to the left of the crosswalk (just as a car would cross the street).

16. Jan 13, 2012 at 2:08 PM
    oneBIGroom

oneBIGroom SSS

Member:
    First Name:
    SSS
    SSS
    Vehicle:
    SSS
    SSS
    Great choice of words for a Prayers & Support thread. :facepalm:

Glad she's OK.

17. Jan 13, 2012 at 2:09 PM
    ToyComa92

ToyComa92 Write your love, Then your anger.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Conifer, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma TRD sport Debadged
    Heated katzskin leather, Black TRD sport wheels, Bilstein 5100s, Toytec 2" Springs, Deaver 2" AAL, Pioneer AVH4400BH, Ultragauge, Weathertechs front/rear,
    I would flip shit to a call like that! If someone hit my girl... id probably flip out on them. Luckily your girl is okay man, I bet the run over there you heart was in your stomach! Man, things like this that make you think about your last conversation with people in your life.

To Top