1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Unbeliveable!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by chris4x4, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Feb 9, 2009 at 5:45 PM
    Ry1984

Ry1984 Well-Known Member

Member:
    From Texas, Now Miami FL
    Vehicle:
    01' ExtCab SR5 2.7 4x4
    K&N FIPK, Billy 5100 all around, 881's in the front, Toytec AAL
    good thread chris lol :thumbsup: can't beat a politics thread lol

2. Feb 9, 2009 at 5:45 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    There are too many posts here to quote- NO ONE or NO SINGLE PARTY is directly, completely, or solely responsible for ANYTHING. and i think we can all agree...That SOMETHING does need to be done- No matter whose fault it is...

/rant on
    I hate political threads cause everyone rails on and on about about how their party or their man is the answer to everything but in truth and fairness- There are many many people.

You want to talk about the housing mess-Lets looks at all the greedy fuckers who signed loans (both lenders and signees) without reading the terms to figure out they would not be able to afford them. Or maybe lets talk about the greedy fuckers who have run the American car companies into the ground. or the people who "love to make the holidays special for their friends and family, but had to use credit cards to do it."

Pointing fingers and complaining about what President Obama (like him or not: he IS our President...Not just Obama) has done in his first 22 days in office is alot like pissing into the wind. You might not like it- but guaranteed people don't like what you would do either.

Sorry for the grumpy rant- but another forum I was on was wracked with these kinda of threads for months before the election and it got worse right after until the mods stepped in and stopped people from posting more.
    /rant off

3. Feb 9, 2009 at 5:46 PM
    Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Rocklin, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    2001 prerunner doublecab limited
    2001 with; cat-back side-swept twin exhaust, elbow mod, Westin bullbar with Hella 450 driving lights, Snugtop XTR camper shell, TRD off-road 2x4-black beauty.
    The fact that you all are enjoying the privilege of owning a beautiful expensive Tacoma generally comes from two factors: your intelligence as part of the workforce, AND the trappings of the PREVIOUS administration! Clinton inherited Bush-1s economic successes,and managed to maintain the momentum. Bush-2 inherited that momentum, but it was horribly interrupted by terrorism and the war (which costs billions a day)...and, as his popularity became so grotesquely low, and the Country was swinging for change, all that was left for Bush-2 to do was hurry and button up things for his rich greedy puppeteers before leaving office. GREED is killing us-not the puppets.

4. Feb 9, 2009 at 5:47 PM
    Lentsnh

Lentsnh Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Hummer H3 Tactical Edition
    None yet- Future: HIDs, Tinted tails, LED interior lights,
    Well God had to create the Chicken to make the egg.....But then again did God make the egg to make the chicken to produce the other egg..:confused::confused:

MY BRAIN HURTS!!!!!

5. Feb 9, 2009 at 5:48 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 [OP] With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    OT, but War Should NOT last decades. It last along time because of all the little bleeding hearts that cry " .....Ooohhh......War is bad.....war hurts..........wine wine wine" War sucks. Period. And if someone F's with us, the stops need to be pulled, and the responsible party that attacked should be destroyed. Period. The only money that should be sent to them is the cost of the wepons used to erase them.

Now....Back to OBlamana.

6. Feb 9, 2009 at 5:48 PM
    eordonez

eordonez Living vicariously through mjp2

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Chihuahua, Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport Dcab 4x2 Black Sand Pearl
    OEM All Weather Mats, wheel locks, Toyota Silver Tube steps.....
    hahaha :D

7. Feb 9, 2009 at 5:49 PM
    Ry1984

Ry1984 Well-Known Member

Member:
    From Texas, Now Miami FL
    Vehicle:
    01' ExtCab SR5 2.7 4x4
    i don't think either, im in the coast guard, and we don't have to go to iraq or afganastan but we do have units in bahrain which ive volunteered to go just wasnt selected. we don't ask questions, we just do what we are told. there are many troops in iraq that may not even know exactly what they are there for, but wanted to go just because. its a beautiful thing.

8. Feb 9, 2009 at 5:52 PM
    hoosiertaco

hoosiertaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hey Ed.......chicken on the sixth day.....but that's the Creation-Evolution thread.:D Now I'm subscribed too.:eek: LOL

9. Feb 9, 2009 at 5:52 PM
    kristopherl

kristopherl AKA: Jake the Wolf

Member:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma DC 4x4 Sport LB. Foglight
    Cup holder LEDs, Black Max Tonau, BHL Mod, N-Fab side steps
    the whole mess we are in is ultimately due to the american public.. we have become a very greedy nation with a buy it now pay it later attitude. My beef is that it is not the gov. responsibility to bail out the private market. You cannot fix an economy, it has to run the course. Yes it will suck but it will recover. By taxing the economy by PRINTING 1.7 trillion dollars will have worse long term affects due to the liquidation of the dollar

10. Feb 9, 2009 at 5:54 PM
    chris4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    I agree with this.

11. Feb 9, 2009 at 5:55 PM
    Sandfire

Sandfire Well-Known Member

Member:
    southwest midwest
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport DC 4x4 silver
    OME 885 springs with OME N140s shocks, Total Chaos UCA's, TSB AAL, OME N182's, MT BAHA ATZ 4ribs.
    X2

12. Feb 9, 2009 at 5:55 PM
    ZonKs

ZonKs Can speak french in Russian.

Member:
    First Name:
    Ted
    Glendale, CA
    Vehicle:
    2018 Sport DCSB 4x4
    =p
    DING DING DING DING DING! bingo.

13. Feb 9, 2009 at 5:55 PM
    Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Rocklin, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    2001 prerunner doublecab limited
    2001 with; cat-back side-swept twin exhaust, elbow mod, Westin bullbar with Hella 450 driving lights, Snugtop XTR camper shell, TRD off-road 2x4-black beauty.
    ..you aint lyin'! PRINTING an economy:eek: what the hell?! scary to think where it will land us..

14. Feb 9, 2009 at 5:55 PM
    Ry1984

Ry1984 Well-Known Member

Member:
    From Texas, Now Miami FL
    Vehicle:
    01' ExtCab SR5 2.7 4x4
    this is true, but you and i know, they are looking for a quick fix

15. Feb 9, 2009 at 5:55 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    +1- More or less. The gov't does need to be involved- but printing more money that we don't have doens't help.

16. Feb 9, 2009 at 5:59 PM
    chris4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    More money is horrible. What I think needs to be done, first, hold the people liable for their actions in the lending market. No bailouts! i.e. GM, Ford, Dodge.

17. Feb 9, 2009 at 6:00 PM
    kristopherl

kristopherl AKA: Jake the Wolf

Member:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma DC 4x4 Sport LB. Foglight
    Cup holder LEDs, Black Max Tonau, BHL Mod, N-Fab side steps
    yes, but you can't quick fix a recession/depression. If you own a house or when you look to buy a house. I doubt you will start looking and close in a day. If your looking at dollars to deliberation time.. you would probably start looking and close on a house in fractions of a second. Does that seem smart?

18. Feb 9, 2009 at 6:00 PM
    thebigk

thebigk 6 Double 5 3 2 1

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken....
    Odessa, TX
    Isn't that the "new" American way?

Have a problem.......THROW MONEY AT IT!

The problem is...where is the $$$ coming from? Me & you. What pisses me off is I live within my means, have a mortgage and a few toys. Married with a kid. Why do people like me (And MANY of you on here) have to pay for those that don't live within their means??

This is the way it's going to be in Oblama's plan. Call it what you will.....it's income redistribution and I don't like it 1 friggin bit!

19. Feb 9, 2009 at 6:02 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Amen...It upsets me that I have to save up for my lift but they spend millions and millions on jets and retreats and offices...

20. Feb 9, 2009 at 6:03 PM
    Jester243

Jester243 all I wanted was a god dang picture of a hotdog...

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Trail Premium 4Runner w/ KDSS
    some of this, a little of that
    Amen-Brother_9fce0a4ad389abec0690db2e387607c492006600.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top