1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Unbeliveable!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by chris4x4, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Feb 9, 2009 at 6:31 PM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 4runner Limited Looking for a Taco
    It's the wife's T4R so it's stock
  2. Feb 9, 2009 at 6:52 PM
    SC4333

SC4333 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Grant
    FL
    Vehicle:
    SOLD - 2016 TRD Off-Road 4x4 DCSB

I did indeed reference the cited sources to verify their validity before giving my opinion of Wiki. It is what it is, a fairly ill formed plethora of information that no doubt is useful to a degree. As for the bit on Clinton's surplus, this was driven primarily by a very large bubble in stock prices(of course our government invests it's money too), which inevitable collapsed shortly after. This is clearly seen in the form of capital gains from the Clinton administrations last years and into the next admin. Now there is no denying that Bush spent all kind of money, but that is not the point here. The information given was correct, but at least least, out of context.

The fact regarding peace time is self-explanatory. Obviously this is a great thing, although we could have done much more to prevent future attacks against innocent citizens.

3. Feb 9, 2009 at 6:55 PM
    LonghornTaco

LonghornTaco Can you pass the bailout please?

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    Black 09 4x4 TRD Off Road Doublecab
    3" ToyTec coilover lift on Bilstein 5100s, Total Chaos UCAs, ToyTec diff drop, Scangauge II, 4D MagLite mounted on the drivers seat, Painted engine cover, Painted calipers (red), Painted skid plate (red) Valentine 1 radar detector hard wired, Damplifier Pro on the floor, back wall and doors, Luxury Liner Pro on the floor and doors, Kenwood DNX8120, 2 Pioneer TS-SW1041D 10" shallow mount subs, 2 Pioneer PRS-D4200F 1200W amps, Mr Marv sub enclosure, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5" components in the front doors, Alpine 5.25" coaxials in the rear doors, A.R.E. LSII fiberglass tonneau cover, All Pro bumper, All Pro sliders, Wet Okole seat covers, Sockmonkey Mountain badges, PIAA 510 SMR Driving Lights, Warn M8000 Winch, Bud Built skids
    The short answer to all of this is a necessity to rise up against this government.

I am not a violent person, I'm not an extremist. However, Thomas Jefferson said that "a little rebellion now and then is a good thing".

The problem is that this government (and I don't mean a specific party or person) is so incredibly drunk with power, believing that our money is theirs and they decide how much we keep, that they are, at this point, incapable of governing responsibly. They do not listen to their constituents as they should. You need only look at this idiotic, irresponsible stimulus bill and it's overwhelming disapproval. We are not being represented, we are being ruled. Our freedoms are being eroded little by little every day and we're just standing by, watching it happen.

Thomas Paine wrote that the federal government is nothing more than a necessary evil and must be limited as much as possible. In my view, they have but one job - protect our borders. And they sure as hell aren't doing a good job at that. But if we slash the federal government by 85-90%, we might actually get somewhere. Return power back to the states as it was intended. This is the same reason we fought the Civil War for God's sake!

I believe in our country and I believe in freedom. However, I think the only way to stop this and make them listen is to rise up in revolt.

Anyone know where I can get a Revolution for Dummies book? :)

4. Feb 9, 2009 at 6:57 PM
    kristopherl

kristopherl AKA: Jake the Wolf

Member:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma DC 4x4 Sport LB. Foglight
    Cup holder LEDs, Black Max Tonau, BHL Mod, N-Fab side steps
    :thumbsup:

5. Feb 9, 2009 at 6:58 PM
    luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    This is how it should have gone down. You attack us, our troops leave and dust you. The end. Then people could cry and I would listen because I would know the threat was over for a bit, while the enemies were debating trying to attack us again.

6. Feb 9, 2009 at 6:58 PM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    yup -- www.heritage.org :thumbsup:

if not already, you should become a member... :D

7. Feb 9, 2009 at 7:00 PM
    thebigk

thebigk 6 Double 5 3 2 1

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken....
    Odessa, TX

+1
    Great write up! :cool:

8. Feb 9, 2009 at 7:32 PM
    LonghornTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    3" ToyTec coilover lift on Bilstein 5100s, Total Chaos UCAs, ToyTec diff drop, Scangauge II, 4D MagLite mounted on the drivers seat, Painted engine cover, Painted calipers (red), Painted skid plate (red) Valentine 1 radar detector hard wired, Damplifier Pro on the floor, back wall and doors, Luxury Liner Pro on the floor and doors, Kenwood DNX8120, 2 Pioneer TS-SW1041D 10" shallow mount subs, 2 Pioneer PRS-D4200F 1200W amps, Mr Marv sub enclosure, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5" components in the front doors, Alpine 5.25" coaxials in the rear doors, A.R.E. LSII fiberglass tonneau cover, All Pro bumper, All Pro sliders, Wet Okole seat covers, Sockmonkey Mountain badges, PIAA 510 SMR Driving Lights, Warn M8000 Winch, Bud Built skids
    And just so everyone knows, I didn't mean "rise up in revolt" as in overthrow the government third-world-country-style...

:eek:

9. Feb 9, 2009 at 7:34 PM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    lol... LMAO - I got ya... :D

10. Feb 9, 2009 at 7:34 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 [OP] With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.

Oh......:(

* holding head down...walking to gun case to put rifle away....*

11. Feb 9, 2009 at 7:35 PM
    LonghornTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    :rofl::rofl::rofl:

12. Feb 9, 2009 at 7:36 PM
    Y0TA

Y0TA Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zac
    Central MT
    Vehicle:
    05 BLK TRD Sport 4X4

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

LMAO

13. Feb 9, 2009 at 7:43 PM
    Packman73

Packman73 ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    The free state of Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
    IMO, it may come to that. :(

14. Feb 9, 2009 at 7:57 PM
    BAT24

BAT24 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    TRD Rugged Trail
    TRD - CAI Sport Hood Sport Grille Sport Headlights OEM LED Tails Factory Roof Rack
    I am amused that almost every 20 year old seems to think Clinton was a god and Bush screwed everything up. I have a 20 year old nephew who thinks exactly that way, he was 3 when Clinton took office yet he is the authority on goverment. What people forget is the fact the Clinton administration started screwing with the Fed rate in 93 or 94 and the fact that he let Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae start all the subprime mortgages in 98 or 99. It took 5 years for all of those mortgages to start resetting and thus causing havoc ironically enough not long after 9/11 thus a double whammy to our economy. The infuriating part of the whole stimulus bill to me is the pople who didnt over extend are going to carry the weight yet again for people that did. Sorry SC4333 didnt mean to lump you in with the rest!

15. Feb 9, 2009 at 8:31 PM
    EquinsuOcha

EquinsuOcha Bourbon

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Ft Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner
    AFE Drop-in filter, Wet Okole seat covers, Hifonics 6.5" components in front, MA Audio midbasses in rear, Kicker 8", RE Audio 2 channel for components, Elemental Designs bridged 2-channel for sub, CB, Devil Horns, Rancho QuickLift, Rancho RS9000XL rear shocks, Toytec AAL, stickers, things and stuff.
    Spoken like a true Texan.

I was on my way to my grandpa's arsenal to grab an armful of rifles and a John Deere Gator too, Chris. Maybe there'll be a decent revolution in our time...one day...

16. Feb 9, 2009 at 8:35 PM
    LonghornTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    :D Thank you!

Here's one for you... Go beat down the door of US District Judge John Roll and knock some sense into him!

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2009/feb/09/16-illegals-sue-arizona-rancher/

Roger Barnett, to me, is a Patriot!

17. Feb 10, 2009 at 5:02 AM
    kristopherl

kristopherl AKA: Jake the Wolf

Member:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma DC 4x4 Sport LB. Foglight
    Cup holder LEDs, Black Max Tonau, BHL Mod, N-Fab side steps
    lmao... :d

18. Feb 10, 2009 at 5:07 AM
    tacoma08MZ

tacoma08MZ Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Levi
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    2008 Access Cab 4x4
    tinted head/tail lights-blacked out badges-3 inch tuff country lift 33 inch nittos-black steelies custom spare bed mount-hilift-weathertechs-kenwood dnx5120 dvdnav headunit-remote start-painted grille surround-fog lights-grillcraft black mesh grille

i usually have no interest in politics, but i liked that :thumbsup:

and that hahahhah

19. Feb 10, 2009 at 6:18 AM
    BioMed80

BioMed80 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    09 Regular Cab
    3" ReadyLift Kit, 31x10.5x15 General Grabber AT2s, AFE Drop-In, Bull Bar, Hella 500FF, Secondary Filter Removed
    Well said. I know you've already gotten praise for your post, but I wanted to echo it. Coruption is now rooted so deeply in "our" government it's sickening. The best interests of the people have long been thrown to the wayside.

20. Feb 10, 2009 at 6:21 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    It's just more of the same lame rah rah rah you need to do this now so stuff'll still be fucked up smoke up our ass progandistic hand job BS. Change...that's the only thing that stays the same. Think there might be a subliminal msg in that somewhere. The more shit changes, the more it stays the same so not sure where they're goin with that lame shit or who believes it that can think for themselves. EHHHH, wrong, try again, epic FAIL is now occurring at a political office near you.

Products Discussed in

To Top