1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Undercover Flex Drain Tubes

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by tarheelfan_08, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Jun 1, 2015 at 7:30 PM
    tarheelfan_08

tarheelfan_08 [OP] Carolina Alliance

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2010 White 4x4 Double Cab Tacoma Short Bed
    Chrome Grill, Chrome accessories(door handles and mirror covers), LEER Super White Cover, Mirrors with Turn Signals, Window Vent Visors, Step Rails, WeatherTech Digital Floor Mats, Mini Maglight Holder, Chrome Bull Bar
    Just ordered an undercover flex and cannot wait to put it on the truck. One question I have though is the drain tubes. Are they needed or can you make it just fine without them? If I install I plan to do one of the mods not requiring drilling but would love to not even worry about them if performance is not affected. Thoughts, opinions, suggestions?

2. Jun 2, 2015 at 6:17 PM
    tarheelfan_08

tarheelfan_08 [OP] Carolina Alliance

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2010 White 4x4 Double Cab Tacoma Short Bed
    Chrome Grill, Chrome accessories(door handles and mirror covers), LEER Super White Cover, Mirrors with Turn Signals, Window Vent Visors, Step Rails, WeatherTech Digital Floor Mats, Mini Maglight Holder, Chrome Bull Bar
  3. Jun 2, 2015 at 7:07 PM
    HXC

HXC Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cory
    Houston, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2011 white Dbl cab 4x4 6spd man.
    I have the flex and I used the drain tubes, but went to Home Depot and bought brass fittings that fit the tube for the drain and it also fits the existing drain holes in the bed. I would use the drains especially if you park down hill in the rain. They will funnel the water out of the bed and not make your dry bed into a swimming pool. If you don't use the tubes make sure you plug the holes in the rail for the cover.

4. Jun 2, 2015 at 7:11 PM
    HXC

HXC Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cory
    Houston, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2011 white Dbl cab 4x4 6spd man.
    Actually looking at it, you want to use the drain tubes because if the drain channel fills up its just going to overflow into the bed.

Products Discussed in

To Top