1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Upcoming Colorado Events

Discussion in 'Colorado' started by GeoTaco, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Nov 18, 2017 at 3:47 PM
    Coop68

Coop68 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Coop
    Erie/Dacono, CO
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD OR Magnetic Gray
    Method double standards 16" COOPER S/T MAXX 285/75/16 DEI clifford 2-way remote start with smart-start. Lift Kings with Dakar TC UCA extended brake lines Keyless POP-N-Lock tailgate lock,relentless tailgate reinforcement, Weather Tech Mats all around, pelfreybilt front bumper steel with middle hoop warn VR-8000s switch Pro lights coming soon see build thread
    Yeah there is a cult following for sure! Good knifes tho!

2. Nov 18, 2017 at 5:10 PM
    kashtyaatsi

kashtyaatsi DieselDub

Member:
    First Name:
    Asher
    Bitterroot, MT
    Vehicle:
    LPC's
    Broken
    Benchmade ftw..

3. Nov 18, 2017 at 5:54 PM
    Kittenmittens4U

Kittenmittens4U Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    98 Xtracab TRD 3.4l Evergreen Pearl
    Airaid MIT w/deckplate mod Grey wire mod 265/75/r16 Duratracs 2.5 Extended Travel King Coilovers Built Right Fabrication Uca's OME Dakars W/AAL and 10' Bilstein 5125's Toytec U bolt flip and extended brake line.
    Yeah but did you look up the going rate of the knife you got? I love spyderco knives but not enough to drop 150-200 on a special edition Paramilitary 2. I love this event because I can get a couple knives that I normally wouldn't even consider buying at MSRP or retail pricing.

I think those fanbois that reach their 25 knife limit and seek out the more rare knives end up flipping them on ebay a lot of time they don't even disclose the fact that they are factory seconds.

Yep Benchmade all day! I have bought many at full price and don't regret a single purchase. I was actually carrying one today while I was at Spyderco.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
    kashtyaatsi[QUOTED] likes this.
  4. Nov 18, 2017 at 6:26 PM
    mountainmonkey

mountainmonkey Well-Known Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    '13 Double Cab TRDOR DCSB
    Never enough
    What it really comes down to is I’m just a cheap ass lol

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  5. Nov 18, 2017 at 7:48 PM
    Kittenmittens4U

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    Airaid MIT w/deckplate mod Grey wire mod 265/75/r16 Duratracs 2.5 Extended Travel King Coilovers Built Right Fabrication Uca's OME Dakars W/AAL and 10' Bilstein 5125's Toytec U bolt flip and extended brake line.
    Fair enough, I usually carry a 20 dollar Kershaw as my backup knife and it serves it's purpose well.

Deathbysnusnu likes this.
  6. Nov 18, 2017 at 8:00 PM
    kashtyaatsi

kashtyaatsi DieselDub

Member:
    First Name:
    Asher
    Bitterroot, MT
    Vehicle:
    LPC's
    Broken
    I always would lose my knives, so I decided if I bought an expensive one I'd take better care of it. A few years later and that's been true so far.

CO MTN Steve and Kittenmittens4U like this.
  7. Nov 18, 2017 at 8:04 PM
    mountainmonkey

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Never enough
    Up to this point I have been daily carrying a ~$30 Kershaw. Gonna try this spyderco for a bit, but honestly even at full price it isn’t one of the expensive ones so who knows if it’s even any better than the Kershaw?

8. Nov 18, 2017 at 8:11 PM
    Kittenmittens4U

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    What one did you get? I will say that if you got a spyderco made in the US, Japan, or Taiwan the blade steel is most likely better than the Kershaw's.

9. Nov 18, 2017 at 8:16 PM
    kashtyaatsi

kashtyaatsi DieselDub

Member:
    First Name:
    Asher
    Bitterroot, MT
    Vehicle:
    LPC's
    Broken
    I have the triage, so it's not just a knife. That was my justification.

BM-9170BK.jpg

10. Nov 18, 2017 at 8:24 PM
    odomandr

odomandr Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Fort Collins, CO
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCSBTRDOR silver streak mica 2023 T4R Ltd blizzard pearl
    Icon, SPC,, ARB, BAMF, Warfab, SCS, Michelin, Leer Stock
    I got a Spyderco Centofante several years ago in their store that has been great. I still like my CRKT knives but they are losing the smoothness they once had or are too loose when adjusted, so i dont carry them as much. Im glad colorado changed the law to allow those benchmade pushbutton opens legal to carry.

Kittenmittens4U likes this.
  11. Nov 18, 2017 at 8:32 PM
    Kittenmittens4U

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    Yeah that law was so stupid, I have one Benchmade auto and four regular axis locks, and I can open those faster than the auto every time. I've got to up my auto game and get a Microtech.!

12. Nov 18, 2017 at 8:46 PM
    Coop68

Coop68 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Coop
    Erie/Dacono, CO
    Vehicle:
    Method double standards 16" COOPER S/T MAXX 285/75/16 DEI clifford 2-way remote start with smart-start. Lift Kings with Dakar TC UCA extended brake lines Keyless POP-N-Lock tailgate lock,relentless tailgate reinforcement, Weather Tech Mats all around, pelfreybilt front bumper steel with middle hoop warn VR-8000s switch Pro lights coming soon see build thread
    I want a Microtech too :drool:

13. Nov 18, 2017 at 9:21 PM
    mountainmonkey

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Never enough
    I just got the Tenacious. It’s a China made spyderco with the 8Cr13MoV steel. It’s one of their most budget, low end knives, but I knew that when I bought it so I’m cool with that.

EDIT: Just looked up my Kershaw and it uses the same steel. I was also mistaken on its MSRP since I didn’t pay anywhere near that. It retails for $55, so approximately the same as the Tenacious I just picked up.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
  14. Nov 19, 2017 at 8:32 PM
    JDM

JDM Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2009 DCSB TRD OR S/C
    TRD supercharger, TRD exhaust, skids, sliders
    I carry a Kershaw Leek. It was a gift to me from my dad when I was heading out for my first warzone deployment. It's gone with me on every warzone trip since. I'm very careful and mindful of it, as I don't want to lose it. Too sentimental now.

All this knife talk lately had me on Kershaw's site and I saw that they'll sharpen it for free (just pay shipping to them) for life. I think I'll take advantage of that. :cheers: It's a composite blade, and I've shied away from sharpening it myself, as it's the nicest knife I've ever owned and I didn't want to screw it up. :oops:

15. Nov 19, 2017 at 8:41 PM
    Coop68

Coop68 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Coop
    Erie/Dacono, CO
    Vehicle:
    I send them this as a note so the guy sharpening it knows how much it means to you. I carry a kershaw blur every day.

Very cool btw!

16. Nov 19, 2017 at 9:10 PM
    JDM

JDM Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2009 DCSB TRD OR S/C
    TRD supercharger, TRD exhaust, skids, sliders
    Great idea! Done.

CO MTN Steve likes this.
  17. Nov 20, 2017 at 9:23 AM
    NYCO

NYCO go explore...

Member:
    First Name:
    bOb
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Blue Betty - '06 TRD OR
    dents & scratches
    anyone wheeling over the holiday weekend?

18. Nov 20, 2017 at 10:23 AM
    Nazupag524

Nazupag524 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Elizabeth, CO
    Vehicle:
    07 DCSB 4x4
    Heavy ass pig sitting on 35s
    I might be down depending on day and location.

19. Nov 20, 2017 at 10:37 AM
    Coop68

Coop68 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Coop
    Erie/Dacono, CO
    Vehicle:
    Christmas Caravan for Kids event DEC 2nd at 10am
    xmas for kids.jpg

I think its time to post this so we get as many Toyota's together as we can and help a good cause! also get a running list who's going from TW.

I believe CO FJ CRUISERS are meeting at @ToyTec Lifts along with other Toyota clubs and groups from facebook. so we can all arrive together as a large group.

address: ToyTec 6675 Franklin street, Denver co 80229

MEETING TIME is 9AM

otherwise see above for the other meet up locations.

https://www.christmascaravanforkids.com/

The Christmas Caravan for Kids event will be 10:00 AM on December 2nd, 2017 at Lincoln College of Technology.
    What kind of toys should I bring?

Toys need to be age appropriate, unwrapped, and new. As for the cost, that is a personal choice since it is the present itself that is important, not the cost
    What age groups should I buy for?
    It is easy to think that the only children who benefit from "Toys for Tots" are infants and young children, but teenagers are included in the "Toys for Tots" gift giving program and are often overlooked during toy donations. Try to thing of this age group when looking for items - things like toiletries, makeup, clothing, etc.
    Do I need a 4WD to participate?
    No, the Christmas Caravan for Kids event isn't limited to owners of 4WD - it just started with them.
    How much does the Christmas Caravan for Kids event cost?
    The Christmas Caravan for Kids event is free - sort of anyway. Admission price is at least one new, unwrapped toy
    Will food be offered?
    In order to maximize our donation effort to Toys for Tots, lunch will no longer be offered free of charge. However a variety of food trucks will be on site to purchase food.
    What are the times of the Christmas Caravan for Kids event?
    Caravaning sites "open" around 8am with the caravans leaving at various times depending on the distance from Lincoln College of Technology, where the Meet and Great is being held and will begin at 10:00 AM.
    What does "Caravaning" mean?
    "Caravaning" is the fun stuff if you own a 4WD! Groups gather at various caravaning sites located around the metro area as well as around the state - and form one long line of caravaning vehicles that will travel together to Lincoln College of Technology.
    Who are the Marines that help and what is "MACS-23?"
    From information we obtained from their website, MACS-23 was activated on October 16th, 1949 as Marine Air Reserve Training Command, Naval Air Command, Denver, Colorado. That designation remained until March 1st, 1954 when the unit was re-designated Marine Air Control Squadron 23. On March 8th, 1997, the final designation of Marine Air Control Squadron 23, Marine Air Control Group 48, 4th Marine Aircraft Wing, US Marine Corps Reserve.
    The mission of MACS-23 is:
    Provide air surveillance and control of aircraft and surface-to-airweapons for antiair warfare, continuous all-weather radar and non-radar ATC services, and airspace management in support of a Marine Air-Ground Task Force (MAGTF).

please quote and add your name to the list and repost with out the quote's.
    list of who is going:

1. @Coop68

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  20. Nov 20, 2017 at 5:11 PM
    2016spicytaco

2016spicytaco Spicy Kitty

Member:
    First Name:
    Al
    Denver, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Turd Gen for Life
    Christmas Caravan for Kids event DEC 2nd at 10am
    [​IMG]
    I think its time to post this so we get as many Toyota's together as we can and help a good cause! also get a running list who's going from TW.

I believe CO FJ CRUISERS are meeting at @ToyTec Lifts along with other Toyota clubs and groups from facebook. so we can all arrive together as a large group.

address: ToyTec 6675 Franklin street, Denver co 80229

MEETING TIME is 9AM

otherwise see above for the other meet up locations.

https://www.christmascaravanforkids.com/The Christmas Caravan for Kids event will be 10:00 AM on December 2nd, 2017 at Lincoln College of Technology.
    What kind of toys should I bring?

Toys need to be age appropriate, unwrapped, and new. As for the cost, that is a personal choice since it is the present itself that is important, not the cost
    What age groups should I buy for?
    It is easy to think that the only children who benefit from "Toys for Tots" are infants and young children, but teenagers are included in the "Toys for Tots" gift giving program and are often overlooked during toy donations. Try to thing of this age group when looking for items - things like toiletries, makeup, clothing, etc.
    Do I need a 4WD to participate?
    No, the Christmas Caravan for Kids event isn't limited to owners of 4WD - it just started with them.
    How much does the Christmas Caravan for Kids event cost?
    The Christmas Caravan for Kids event is free - sort of anyway. Admission price is at least one new, unwrapped toy
    Will food be offered?
    In order to maximize our donation effort to Toys for Tots, lunch will no longer be offered free of charge. However a variety of food trucks will be on site to purchase food.
    What are the times of the Christmas Caravan for Kids event?
    Caravaning sites "open" around 8am with the caravans leaving at various times depending on the distance from Lincoln College of Technology, where the Meet and Great is being held and will begin at 10:00 AM.
    What does "Caravaning" mean?
    "Caravaning" is the fun stuff if you own a 4WD! Groups gather at various caravaning sites located around the metro area as well as around the state - and form one long line of caravaning vehicles that will travel together to Lincoln College of Technology.
    Who are the Marines that help and what is "MACS-23?"
    From information we obtained from their website, MACS-23 was activated on October 16th, 1949 as Marine Air Reserve Training Command, Naval Air Command, Denver, Colorado. That designation remained until March 1st, 1954 when the unit was re-designated Marine Air Control Squadron 23. On March 8th, 1997, the final designation of Marine Air Control Squadron 23, Marine Air Control Group 48, 4th Marine Aircraft Wing, US Marine Corps Reserve.
    The mission of MACS-23 is:
    Provide air surveillance and control of aircraft and surface-to-airweapons for antiair warfare, continuous all-weather radar and non-radar ATC services, and airspace management in support of a Marine Air-Ground Task Force (MAGTF).

please quote and add your name to the list and repost with out the quote's.
    list of who is going:

1. @Coop68
    2. @2016spicytaco - may meet at Toytec?

SilverGhost likes this.
To Top