1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

UPDATE 12/27/23: Homelink & other rearview mirror options for 2009-2015 Tacomas & more

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tacoma Parts Marketplace (2005-2015)' started by RJP869, May 8, 2014.

1. Aug 25, 2014 at 10:47 AM
    chetweewax

chetweewax Well-Known Member

Member:
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    15 TRD Sport
    Homelink mirror (Adding soon) Came with truck: FUEL Rims, Mickey Thompsons, Vinyl Tonneau Cover, Remote Start, 20% front window tint
    Hey Bob,
    I am looking to add a backup camera to my 05. I would like the camera to display in the mirror like the factory setup in newer trucks do. I currently have a homelink auto-dimming mirror, so i would like the mirror to also have homelink. I would be willing to trade my auto dimming homelink mirror if you would do that, otherwise I could sell it on my own. My current mirror is autodim, compass, Homelink mirror.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
  2. Sep 10, 2014 at 1:13 PM
    mrkabc

mrkabc Mall Crawler with a Locker

Member:
    First Name:
    Art
    Corona, CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM DCSB TRD OR
    Morimoto XB LED Head & Fog Lights, Cali Raised Stealth Light bar, OEM Roof Rack, Homelink Compass Mirror, Power Tailgate Lock, LED bed lights, MESO mirrors, gashole, switch panel & Stage 2 tails, PRO grille. Where's the mall?
    I got the mirror from Bob!

Great shipping, excellent price (better than Amazon or Autoanything), brand new product, has everything I need to install.

I'll be installing it in the next day or so. Thanks Bob!
    20140909_1755541_3d31aa8a8cdd5fefd4fcda8b4e5668586c70c0b7.jpg

Update: I couldn't wait so I installed the mirror right now. It looks/works great! :)
    20140910_1438211_ec35e5a07f900779e5a6d0598ffc264a4257e5a3.jpg

Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
    Arkie-Marty and TRDtacotuesday like this.
  3. Sep 10, 2014 at 1:16 PM
    chetweewax

chetweewax Well-Known Member

Member:
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    15 TRD Sport
    Homelink mirror (Adding soon) Came with truck: FUEL Rims, Mickey Thompsons, Vinyl Tonneau Cover, Remote Start, 20% front window tint
    Hey Bob, hook up my kit this weekend. I gotta tell you, I love it. My wife is happy too, now she doesn't run off the curb backing out of the driveway, when i let her have the keys.

4. Sep 10, 2014 at 1:56 PM
    Z E R 0

Z E R 0 Well-Known Member

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma 4x4
    I want it too, how can I get in contact with Bob?

5. Sep 10, 2014 at 6:51 PM
    mrkabc

Member:
    First Name:
    Art
    Corona, CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM DCSB TRD OR
    Morimoto XB LED Head & Fog Lights, Cali Raised Stealth Light bar, OEM Roof Rack, Homelink Compass Mirror, Power Tailgate Lock, LED bed lights, MESO mirrors, gashole, switch panel & Stage 2 tails, PRO grille. Where's the mall?
    He left his info in the first message of this thread.

You can email him at rearviewmirrors@csinet.net as well.

Have fun! :D

6. Sep 21, 2014 at 7:18 PM
    VenturaSuperMagna

VenturaSuperMagna Loving Life!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Spring, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Sport DCSB 4X4
    Go Rhino D2 Stainless Steel steps, Gator FX3 Tonneau Cover, in bed battery powered Led light, Pop and lock power tailgate lock, keyed locks for all 5 storage compartments, in window channel rain deflectors, front hood bug deflector, weather tech floor mats. More to come...
    Do any of these mirrors have a map light built into them as well?

7. Sep 21, 2014 at 10:00 PM
    MCSD818

MCSD818 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Northern Nevada
    Vehicle:
    15 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
    Art, Which mirror is that and did you have to run temp sensor? If so, where did you run it to. My 15 Tacoma DC TRD already has a temp sensor on the radiator support. Unknown if tied into current wiring behind OH console. Any info would be great so I can get this purchased and installed. Just want to know what i am up againt

8. Oct 7, 2014 at 8:28 PM
    IndyMike

IndyMike New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Indianapolis
    Vehicle:
    '15 Tacoma
    I ordered the mirror from bob and awaiting its arrival. Took a loom at the pass through for the temp sensor wires. Looms like the is plenty of room in the opening the carries the hood release cable In my 2015 Tacoma.

Anyone see a problem using this path?

Phish_Taco likes this.
  9. Oct 7, 2014 at 8:54 PM
    VenturaSuperMagna

VenturaSuperMagna Loving Life!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Spring, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Sport DCSB 4X4
    Go Rhino D2 Stainless Steel steps, Gator FX3 Tonneau Cover, in bed battery powered Led light, Pop and lock power tailgate lock, keyed locks for all 5 storage compartments, in window channel rain deflectors, front hood bug deflector, weather tech floor mats. More to come...
    I got a little curious today so I went and looked at a 2015 limited Tacoma... Those are coming with the auto dimming mirror with compass and home link. No external temp though... I think if this is what you want Bob is the way to go I can't imagine the Stealership bringing any cheaper than Bob and I'd rather spend my money with a small business than a large corporation.

10. Oct 17, 2014 at 6:25 AM
    kg5ie

kg5ie Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Tx
    Vehicle:
    '14 PreRunner
    UltraGauge
    PM for purchase sent.

11. Oct 17, 2014 at 6:43 AM
    06TXED

06TXED Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Colorado Springs
    Vehicle:
    2023 DCSB MGM TRD OR 4x4
  12. Oct 18, 2014 at 9:40 AM
    kg5ie

kg5ie Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Tx
    Vehicle:
    '14 PreRunner
    UltraGauge
    Anyone know if Bob has stopped taking orders? No answer to PM or posts.

Thanks,
    Bill

13. Oct 22, 2014 at 6:11 PM
    Tacowv

Tacowv New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Morgantown, WV
    Vehicle:
    2014 OffRoad
    Bed xtender, tonneau,rboards,bugflector,wflectors
    I also left a couple of posts for Bill without response. I found him on eBay and ordered a mirror. It arrived today, but lacked a toyota connector and cost $50 more. The mirror came quickly and in good condition. Looks like good quality.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  14. Oct 22, 2014 at 6:23 PM
    SilverJack

SilverJack no one

Member:
  15. Oct 25, 2014 at 1:15 PM
    RJP869

RJP869 [OP] Owner of Bob's Automotive Mirrors & More LLC

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Three Oaks, Michigan
    Vehicle:
    I don't have a Tacoma, but lots of mirrors!
    Hey all - I just had a chance to log into the forum and noticed that I had several PM's that I didn't answer. I sincerely apologize to everyone for not replying. I have been very busy at work, and with expanding my mirror/autoparts business, so I just haven't had a chance to log into the forum. But on the other hand, I should be getting email notices from the forum when someone PM's me, but I haven't been getting them, and they are not winding up in my spam folder. Strange thing is that I'm also on a VW forum, and I'm not getting their email, and most people who try to contact me thru my website (www.bobsmirrors.com) are not getting thru to me either. So I will get in touch with my ISP to see why I am not getting some of these emails.

In the meantime, I might as well put my contact information here so that everyone can contact me directly instead of PM'ing me or going thru my website. So if anyone has any questions, or for those of you who have recently purchased a mirror and didn't get the correct wiring, please get ahold of me directly:

Email me at rearviewmirrors@csinet.net
    Or send me a quick text message (include your email with your text) to 219-575-9220 and I will then email you back.

I'm in the eastern time zone, so to keep things relatively sane, I tend to call it quits by 9pm, so if you email or text me after that time, I will respond to you the following day.

Thanks everyone!
    Bob Prim

16. Oct 25, 2014 at 1:49 PM
    kg5ie

kg5ie Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Tx
    Vehicle:
    '14 PreRunner
    UltraGauge
    Got my mirror ordered. Can't wait to get it and get it installed. So tired of getting out to open the garage door...

17. Nov 7, 2014 at 7:52 AM
    kg5ie

kg5ie Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Tx
    Vehicle:
    '14 PreRunner
    UltraGauge
    Posting this since it may help some other dummy. I first thought I had received an incorrect harness, since it did not mate up with the one in the headliner of my 2014 Prerunner.

Big thanks to Bob for setting me straight. For some reason, Toyota totally wastes a mating plug, using it as a dummy on the end of the factory harness. Once I pulled the "dummy" off, everything was good.

It's not really a dummy....it is the mating connector with no pins in it. Go figure...

IMG_0310.jpg

Last edited: Nov 7, 2014
  18. Nov 7, 2014 at 11:47 PM
    mrkabc

Member:
    First Name:
    Art
    Corona, CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM DCSB TRD OR
    Hola! Sorry so late replying, I didn't know I was being paged? :)

That is the GENK50A mirror, it's the Gentex with the temperature/homelink/compass.

You already have a temp sensor but that's for the car computer, it isn't for the mirror. It's not wired into your headliner. You will only have three wires in the headliner plug - the switched hot, constant hot, and ground.

I had to run wires across the headliner, down the drivers side "A" pillar, through the firewall, and to the grille support in front of the radiator. It really wasn't too bad.

19. Nov 13, 2014 at 7:29 PM
    Spidious

Spidious 2006 Tacoma SR5

Member:
    First Name:
    Fred
    Champaign, IL
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma SR5
    Forward & reverse camera monitoring Bed Mat Tyger Black Tonneau Cover Tyger Sport Bar, 36" led light bar Hikity Android Car Radio Pro grill with lights Sport hood Cold air intake Sprint Booster throttle controller Flip down bed extender 265/75R15 tires 2"spacers New led tail lights Internal/external thermometer Chrome Bullbar Chrome step tubes LED F&R led turn lights
    Interested in your New Gentex autodim compass temp mirror, standard light blue display complete kit.

New or if you actually have a good complete used kit.

Will text you also, you can text me back about cost and how I can PayPal to you

20. Nov 13, 2014 at 7:54 PM
    Spidious

Spidious 2006 Tacoma SR5

Member:
    First Name:
    Fred
    Champaign, IL
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma SR5
    Forward & reverse camera monitoring Bed Mat Tyger Black Tonneau Cover Tyger Sport Bar, 36" led light bar Hikity Android Car Radio Pro grill with lights Sport hood Cold air intake Sprint Booster throttle controller Flip down bed extender 265/75R15 tires 2"spacers New led tail lights Internal/external thermometer Chrome Bullbar Chrome step tubes LED F&R led turn lights
    This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.

Products Discussed in

To Top