1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

SOLD OUT: Frameless Autodim Compass Homelink V5 Mirrors For 16-22 Tacoma $119!

Discussion in '3rd Gen Tacoma Parts Marketplace (2016-2023)' started by RJP869, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Apr 25, 2019 at 8:02 AM
    RJP869

RJP869 [OP] Owner of Bob's Automotive Mirrors & More LLC

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Three Oaks, Michigan
    Vehicle:
    I don't have a Tacoma, but lots of mirrors!
    UPDATE 2/14/22-THESE ARE SOLD OUT & NO LONGER AVAILABLE, SORRY!

Hey all!

We bought out Rostra's remaining stock of their 250-8709 FRAMELESS auto dim mirrors with "hidden" green compass display & Homelink® V5.

We were are selling these for $179 including shipping within the US (by comparison, we have the Gentex frameless mirrors for around $300!). But we've cut the price on these...they are now $119 including shipping!! For 2016-2022 trucks equipped with the factory auto dim or compass auto dim mirror, these are plug & play. For those trucks that have the factory manual dim mirror, we'll include a standard installation harness, no extra charge. 1 year warranty on these. On these mirrors, unlike the Gentex Homelink® mirrors, the Homelink® buttons will only operate when the ignition is on...there's no option to have them operable at all times.

These mirrors are slightly smaller than the stock mirrors Toyota used. They are right around 9.5" wide versus 10.5" for the stock mirror. They're also slightly shorter in height - 2.5" versus 3.25" See below for some pix showing the mirror & also the comparison of these to a regular Gentex Homelink® mirror.

So if you'd like one of these for your Tacoma, or for any other vehicle for that matter (these will work in just about any vehicle that has a standard wedge style of mount on the windshield), please either PM me or email me directly at info@bobsmirrors.com. When you do, please be sure to let me know whether or not your truck has the factory auto dim or compass auto dim mirror. We also have these available for the 2005-2015 trucks too![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 14, 2022
    Nitroeye likes this.
  2. Apr 25, 2019 at 12:12 PM
    Trah

Trah Licensed Class C Driver...

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2017 Barcelona Red TRD Sport ACLB
    stuff and things...
    is that an actual picture of the mirror because that looks like a silver frame around it...

Airborne22 likes this.
  3. Apr 25, 2019 at 12:16 PM
    RJP869

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Three Oaks, Michigan
    Vehicle:
    The top picture is the one Rostra provided, but if you look at the pictures below that I took, it shows the mirror a bit better, and if you look close at the pix that show the side of the mirror, you'll see how the glass goes right up to the edge. These mirrors have a full glass face front and the glass goes completely edge-to-edge. The band you see around the edge is the portion of the mirror that does not dim (that's the portion where the two glass layers are bonded together).

Airborne22 likes this.
  4. Apr 25, 2019 at 12:23 PM
    Trah

Trah Licensed Class C Driver...

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2017 Barcelona Red TRD Sport ACLB
    stuff and things...
    Thanks, I do see it now, especially on the top down picture. The first two are deceptive to the eye.

5. Apr 27, 2019 at 10:42 AM
    HGHVLTS

HGHVLTS Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM Tacoma TRD OR 4X4 6 Speed Manual
    TRDPro headlights, skid plate, grill, Fox Suspension, exhaust, and intake. SR5 anthracite rims, 2018 taillights, oem tonneau cover, all new Kicker speakers and subwoofer. Always adding...
    Dang, I would have been down if the compass was blue:(. It's a great deal though!!

6. Apr 7, 2020 at 11:49 AM
    RJP869

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Three Oaks, Michigan
    Vehicle:
    Hey all! We still have these mirrors in stock...great price for a Homelink V5 mirror!!

7. Apr 7, 2020 at 12:11 PM
    dTor

dTor Well-Known Member

Member:
    20200407_120512.jpg I just want to say how pleased my wife and I are with this mirror. I got it for her truck for Christmas (yes, she said she wanted a mirror with a compass and dimming). Install was fairly easy. I didn't hook up the homelink, just the power for the compass. Instructions that came with the mirror were easy to follow. Even though the dimensions are slightly smaller than more expensive mirrors, it has no noticeable impact on rearview field of view. The bezeless frame looks really great as well.

8. Apr 7, 2020 at 12:22 PM
    RJP869

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Three Oaks, Michigan
    Vehicle:
    Awesome, glad to hear she likes the mirror! Thank you again for buying the mirror - I very much appreciate it!!

9. Apr 7, 2020 at 12:26 PM
    BountyOR_VF2

BountyOR_VF2 "If in doubt, flat out!"

Member:
    NorCal Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    2017 WHITE TRD TCSB OR
    Yup, If it's blue led I will get one.

10. Apr 7, 2020 at 12:40 PM
    RJP869

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Three Oaks, Michigan
    Vehicle:
    Unfortunately still nothing! Though I haven't taken any of these particular ones apart, I have taken the Gentex version of the mirrors apart to see if the compass LCD display module is the same as what they use on the regular "framed" mirrors (in hopes of swapping them out), but no luck there as well...Gentex uses a totally different style of display module that isn't interchangeable with the framed ones. I'm also still not seeing any OEM applications for these mirrors with anything other than green or red compass...but I'm keeping my eyes open!!

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
    BountyOR_VF2[QUOTED] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top