1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Upgrade 2011 to 2012 for how much?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by chrisshields11, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Apr 13, 2012 at 5:09 AM
    bubbagumps

bubbagumps Well-Known Member

Member:
    2012 only offers a few cosmetic enhancements. I would only reccomend an upgrade if you want a new trim--TRD Offroad etc...

I wouldn't hold out expecting a new Tacoma in a year or two, however. Toyota is concentrating on their fullsize segment and getting competitive in that market. They are currently putting all their efforts into revamping the Tundra for the 2014 model. They won't deal with the Tacoma redesign until they have this taken care of. A new generation Taco won't be coming out until after this is done--probably more like 2016. They are trying to fix what is broke at this time--The Tundra. It is lagging very far behind.

2. Apr 13, 2012 at 5:20 AM
    Strider

Strider Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Pete
    NH
    Vehicle:
    12 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Bestop softtop, Step rails, Husky liners, Stinger Pro battery. More to come.
    Bottom line......you still have a kicka@@ truck!!!!
    I was given $9000 for my F250 when I traded it in for my 2012 Yota and just saw it for sale at another second hand dealer for 10.9k. You're gonna have a loss no matter what but unless your doing it for another package or longer bed or something stick with what u got. Not much difference between the two really.

3. Apr 13, 2012 at 5:33 AM
    chrisshields11

chrisshields11 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    chris
    east tennessee
    Vehicle:
    '11 DC TRD sport 4wd

thanks for the input mattg43. i would have traded the truck if they were close on the money, but they weren't and that was the end of story. i posted this for information purposes, to give anyone else a heads up on this subject who may have wondered the same thing.

Products Discussed in

To Top