1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Upgraded, 96 tacoma to 2013 tacoma

Discussion in 'New Members' started by eaglesfn5402, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Jan 9, 2014 at 8:09 AM
    eaglesfn5402

eaglesfn5402 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    So my 3 inch old man emu lift kit and light racing upper control arms were delivered back in July. I finally had some days off this week and started on it Tuesday and finished it yesterday. Getting an alignment this Saturday. Didn't run into any major problems had a set back with the garage on post not having a big enough spring compressor to compress the springs so had to take them to a local shop and they charged me 25 euro. Did the front end myself and the wife helped with the back lowering and raising the lift, it was tricky getting the leaf springs to line back up without doing that. Glad she was there to hit the button and push the bolt in while I pulled down on the leaf springs. It doesn't look as goofy as I thought it would with stock rims and tires. Have to hop a little to get in it now since I'm not the tallest guy in the world. All and all it was fun doing it myself, saying a quite a few cuss words at times and take some flesh off the knuckles. Saving money was a plus to. Next purchase will be new rims and tires.

2. Jan 16, 2014 at 7:04 AM
    osubeav818

osubeav818 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    13 Regular Cab, SuperWhite, Debadged
    Viper 350hv, Bakflip Fibermax, Pop n lock
    Got some TT rims I'm trying to sell, brand new

3. Jan 17, 2014 at 3:44 AM
    eaglesfn5402

Member:
    by tt I'm guessing you mean Trail Teams? I've been trying to decide between those or the SCS stealth 6's, not sure if I want 16" or 17". How much are you asking for them including shipping to 22802?

4. Jan 17, 2014 at 4:08 AM
    eaglesfn5402

Member:
    Since I'm stationed in Germany and shipping big items such as front bumper, rear bumper, sliders, etc. seems to be an issue, I've decided to try and knock out all small mods while I'm over here and do the big stuff when I PCS to Florida.

So this week I have ordered the led hood lighting kit (from BeeRadd), under bed rail led light kit + a free rear window security bar (from mattgecko), a cb antenna hood mount from Relentless Fabrications (I had all the other CB accessories come last week in the mail), a wall mounted beer bottle opener to put in the bed, pop & lock PL5400, and 2 of the Feit Electric 35 watt halogen GY6.35 bulbs to replace my reverse lights. I also inquired about some weathertechs front and rear, waiting to hear back from a TAP rep and find the best price.

Eric from Relentless Fab said he can ship to APO, so after the weathertechs looking to order some stuff from him. Tailgate reinforcement, bed cargo/accessory cross bar, and the fabricated bed rail caps (all PC'ed black). Possibly some rocksliders as well if those can ship here would just need to decide if i want bolt on or welded. Probably weld on since I have access to a welder and help on base, plus they are cheaper.

If I get all this done by the time I leave Germany I'd say I'm off to a pretty good start.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
  5. Jan 18, 2014 at 7:21 AM
    eaglesfn5402

Member:
    Ordered the Ultragauge OBDII scanner and the Redline Tuning QuickLift Plus hood supports (went with the plus to keep everything black).

6. Jan 18, 2014 at 1:07 PM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 4runner Limited Looking for a Taco
    It's the wife's T4R so it's stock
    You can probably start a build thread instead of continually updating your intro thread... just a thought :)

7. Jan 18, 2014 at 1:35 PM
    Houston-76

Houston-76 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Montgomery Co Tx
    Vehicle:
    08 trd pr dcsb
    Tinted windows - weathertech floor mats - removed front mudflaps - no seatbelt chime mod - fogs on anytime mod - Borla catback exhaust - afe throttle body spacer - K&n filter - Kmc Xd hoss wheels 17X9 4.5 backspace - rubbers are 275/65 17 yokahama geolander a/t's - Maxtrac 4" lift spindles - allpro standard leafsprings - 1.25 rear wheel spacers - arctic white headlights and fogs - kings coming soon - supercharger coming later
    Welcome aboard :wave:

8. Jan 18, 2014 at 1:46 PM
    eaglesfn5402

Member:
    I'm lazy, easier to just add stuff to this. After the abundance of stuff I ordered this week comes in and gets put on the truck I will start a build thread. No more updating this one. Promise.

Products Discussed in

To Top