1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Upgraded

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by hardin083, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Nov 13, 2008 at 3:14 PM
    hardin083

hardin083 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner SR5
    MODS: 3" EZ lift with 1.5" rear blocks,blacked out emblems,belt chime mod,20%tint job,driveline vibration TSB done,harsh ride TSB,285/75/16 nitto terra grapplers,EGR in channel window visors/future mods:seat covers, blacked out rims.
    Well I finally got the rear spring TSB done and it rides alot better. And to top it off I just had my new 285/75/16 nitto terra grapplers mounted on the stock rims, and WOW it looks alot better than those crap tires that come on it. There is also minimum rubbing with the stock rims and the new tires, but only when the wheel is at full turn!! I thought for sure they would rub the UCA's even with the wheels straight.:) I will post some pics tomorrow, for i dont have my camera here tonight!!

2. Nov 13, 2008 at 3:37 PM
    it's in coma

it's in coma Well-Known Member

Member:
    in the desert
    Vehicle:
    06 trd off road
    intake and exhaust
    so you are saying that there was no rub on the ucas with a 285 tire?

3. Nov 13, 2008 at 3:46 PM
    hardin083

hardin083 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner SR5
    MODS: 3" EZ lift with 1.5" rear blocks,blacked out emblems,belt chime mod,20%tint job,driveline vibration TSB done,harsh ride TSB,285/75/16 nitto terra grapplers,EGR in channel window visors/future mods:seat covers, blacked out rims.
    thats correct, it's really close. Only when the tires are turned around 80-90% do the tires rub the UCS. Surprised me too.. They don't rub anywhere else though!!:D I'm thinking about getting wheel spacer just to get that last little bit of turning radius, Im hoping i can find some really small ones around .25 or .50".

To Top