1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Upgrading my 2016 DCSB - Questions on new models?

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by oldschoolczar, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Nov 27, 2020 at 11:39 PM
    oldschoolczar

oldschoolczar [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '16 DCSB TRD OR
    Hey y'all, I'm looking to trade in my 2016 DCSB TRD OR, mostly just because I want a long bed so my wife and I can have a more comfortable camping vehicle. I figure we can build a bed platform and drawer system and get a taller topper and have a decent set-up that'd offer a similar level of comfort and amenities as a teardrop trailer. I was looking at the TRD Sport this time because I do 99% of my driving on highways and city streets; however, we do a lot of hiking and often drive to trailheads in the mountains that are rough 4WD roads. Obviously it's not going to be able to handle what a TRD OR can, but I assume it can still handle a rough, rocky FS road - it just might not be as cush of a ride.
    I might occasionally miss the TRD OR, but it is a little squirrelly on the road sometimes.. very bouncy to the point of taking a little more effort to drive at high speeds. The better highway/city handling of the Sport does seem like it'd make more sense for me considering that I drive mostly on the road. So, I think I've decided on a Sport over and OR this time, but I had a couple other questions:

-Is the adaptive cruise and lane assist standard on all Tacomas?
    -You have to buy a TRD in order to get a sunroof, heated seats and JBL? I believe that's how it was for the 2016s which sucks because I could just get an SR5 if it had the luxury options. Looks like you have to get leather on the 2021s if you get the premium package (JBL, sunroof, etc.), which is not ideal because I don't want leather in my camping vehicle. Too bad you can't get options a la carte! If you could I'd probably only have to pay like $32k, instead of $42k.

Anyway, I might at least wait to see what happens with the new Nissan Frontier. I think the 2021s are supposed to be unveiled pretty soon. If I could get the right options and save a few grand, I might consider switching. We'll see though - I love my Taco, it'll be tough to beat.

2. Nov 28, 2020 at 7:14 AM
    CT Yankee

CT Yankee Well-Known Member

Member:
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD OR AC AT MGM
    Only aesthetic mods so far Leer 180 cap & Clazzio covers on order.
    Have you tried "building" one online to see what comes in each variation? That might help your decision.
    Toyotausa.com

Products Discussed in

To Top