1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Upgrading....

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by ThreeMan, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Jan 16, 2011 at 5:44 PM
    ThreeMan

ThreeMan [OP] Opinions Vary...

Member:
    Oswego, NY
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 V6 TRD DCLB
    King Remote Resi Suspension - Total Chaos UCAs - Full Katzkin Leather - Leer Camper Shell - Custom Projector Halo Headlights - HID Fogs - Eagle Eye LED tail lights - Rigid Industries LED Light Bar Mounted in Bumper - Wade In-channel Vent Visors - K&N Filter - 20% on the fronts - Dakar Progressive Leafs - Fuel Beast Wheels wrapped in Hankook Dynapro ATMs - 4 Tie Down Mod - Pop N Lock - Billet Grille - Weathertech Mats - LED Map and Dome Lights - Optima Yellow Top - Redline Elite Hood Struts - Tunes: Eclipse 7100 HU - Eclipse IPC-106 Interface - Audison LRX 5.1K - Hertz Mille MLK2 Components - JL 13TW5 - JL cables and wires - Fully Deadened with SDS products - Metra dash kit - Custom Sub Box and Amp Rack - Still Under Construction.
    Just pulled the trigger on some new treats for the Taco. :eek:

Audison LRx 5.1 Amp

[​IMG]

Hertz MLK2 Components

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I cannot wait to install these bad boys. :cool:

There will be updates and PICS as I progress....

2. Jan 16, 2011 at 6:24 PM
    ToyoDrew

ToyoDrew Well-Known Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    17 Inferno TRD-OR DCSB 4x4 (SOLD)
    OVTune, Hertz spkrs & JBL MS-8 DSP, Turn-as-Tail mod, LEDs everywhere, MESOJDM Turn Signal, Bakflip Revolver X2, Pop-n-Lock, Yakima roof rack, & many minor mods
    oooo niiiiiiiiiiiiice. good taste. can't wait to see it

3. Jan 16, 2011 at 6:46 PM
    ItalynStylion

ItalynStylion Sounds Gooooood

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    DFW, Tx.
    Vehicle:
    09 Double Cab TRD Sport 4x4
    Unless you're runnnmg them active you'll have a ton of spare channels. What else do you have planned? ;)

4. Jan 26, 2011 at 9:16 AM
    ThreeMan

Member:
    Oswego, NY
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 V6 TRD DCLB
    King Remote Resi Suspension - Total Chaos UCAs - Full Katzkin Leather - Leer Camper Shell - Custom Projector Halo Headlights - HID Fogs - Eagle Eye LED tail lights - Rigid Industries LED Light Bar Mounted in Bumper - Wade In-channel Vent Visors - K&N Filter - 20% on the fronts - Dakar Progressive Leafs - Fuel Beast Wheels wrapped in Hankook Dynapro ATMs - 4 Tie Down Mod - Pop N Lock - Billet Grille - Weathertech Mats - LED Map and Dome Lights - Optima Yellow Top - Redline Elite Hood Struts - Tunes: Eclipse 7100 HU - Eclipse IPC-106 Interface - Audison LRX 5.1K - Hertz Mille MLK2 Components - JL 13TW5 - JL cables and wires - Fully Deadened with SDS products - Metra dash kit - Custom Sub Box and Amp Rack - Still Under Construction.
    Threw a couple of pics up.

IS, I am going to try and run them active to make full use of the LRx. I am still reading up on it. I also had a question for you, as I am definitely not a pro. Do you think that the 13tw5 will be able to tolerate the power from this amp. If not, there will be one with a custom box in the classifieds soon.

In addition. I am hardwiring Sirius to the Eclipse HU with the Eclipse ECL-SC1 and Sirius SCC1 adapters. I will then have full control of the Ipod and Sirius through the HU. I will finally finish off the install with some carpet or vinyl or glass or a combination. It will take a while. Most of the grunt work, deadening, baffles, and wiring is done.

5. Jan 26, 2011 at 7:44 PM
    Buddha4

Buddha4 Active Member

Member:
    CO
    cold air intake
    Look into the Audison Bit 10 (available in March) much cheaper than the Bit 1. you'll be able to skip the Hertz Crossover.

6. Jan 27, 2011 at 5:32 AM
    ThreeMan

Member:
    Oswego, NY
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 V6 TRD DCLB
    After reading more about both the amp and the components, and seeing the wiring options availiable, I will have no problem utilizing both to their potential. The crossovers allow several bi-amp set up options. Having the lack of space and having the options the amp allows, I think I will overlook a processor. For now.

7. Jan 27, 2011 at 2:33 PM
    ItalynStylion

ItalynStylion Sounds Gooooood

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    DFW, Tx.
    Vehicle:
    09 Double Cab TRD Sport 4x4
    The JL sub will be fine on that power. Just make sure if you hear any physical bottoming out you pull back the volume.

8. Jan 27, 2011 at 2:52 PM
    ThreeMan

Member:
    Oswego, NY
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 V6 TRD DCLB
    Thanks IS,

I understand. I just asked because the amp is rated for 750w at 4 ohms and the sub runs on 3 ohms, only increasing the power. Am I likely to cause detriment to either? I would hate to get it all lined up and fit, only to have to go back and re-fit and build for another sub set up.

-G

9. Jan 27, 2011 at 6:26 PM
    DevL

DevL Well-Known Member

Member:
    You will need to cut your gains back for that much power or you can burn up the speaker. You could run the amp with gains cut back so it only sees 500 watts or run 2 speakers at 6 Ohms and they will see 500 watts total, which is louder and safer, though much more expensive.

10. Jan 28, 2011 at 5:08 AM
    ThreeMan

Member:
    Oswego, NY
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 V6 TRD DCLB
    DevL, I understand the gain usage. Even cut back, the Sub peaks it's performance at ~350 watts, and that is the high side. Far lower than the rated RMS from this amp. Using two is the problem, making the boxes to spec and jamming them behind he seats is quite the task, as all the DCs know. I am still tooling around for a high powered sub/subs alternative.

-G

11. Jan 28, 2011 at 4:15 PM
    DevL

DevL Well-Known Member

Member:
    Unless you insist on not giving up all the rear storage space fitting two of those back there is easy.

Products Discussed in

To Top