1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Upholstery Cleaning

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by smallxfires, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Jul 26, 2012 at 11:34 PM
    smallxfires

smallxfires [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Orange County, CA
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road 4x4
    I have a carpet cleaner coming to clean my house in a couple weeks. (Think a van with a hot water extraction unit). I was thinking about offering the guy a little extra to clean my trucks interior, I have the sport seats, does anyone think this could be an issue? Would that much water damage the foam in the seats?

2. Jul 31, 2012 at 5:09 AM
    Chris(NJ)

Chris(NJ) Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Usually in Central Jersey
    Vehicle:
    08 Indigo 4x4 DC OR
    Debadged, GC Mesh Grill, Yellow Fogs, Color Matched Headlights w/ Retros, Diff Breather Mod; mickey thompson classic IIs, 5100s, toytec springs, Dakar Leaf pack, ss brake lines, Lots more...just check the build page.
    Yes, the excessive amount of water can be problematic to the seats. It'll take forever to dry too. Nothing wrong w/ pulling your seats out and letting the guy do a thorough job on the carpet though.
    Stick with a standard cleaner for the seat fabric. This goes for headliners too. Don't soak them.

3. Jul 31, 2012 at 9:13 AM
    masshole taco

masshole taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Big Daddy
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma Sport
    Fox 2.5 C/O's Fox 2.0 rear shocks Total Chaos UCA Trifecta Tonneau Cover K&N FIPK Sirius Satellite Radio Toyota OEM roof rack Wet Okole Seat Covers Homer Taco Custom Grill w/ M1 Mesh and Toyota Emblem
    I would at least ask him about it.. worst comes to worst you take a wet dry vac to it after he's done and pull out in left over water.. Besides how hot is it Orange County today? Roll your windows down a crack and I'm sure the heat will dry it out as well.

4. Mar 31, 2013 at 4:26 AM
    jamesclarke160

jamesclarke160 New Member

Member:
    Hello Smallxfires do you always hire carpet cleaner or use DIY carpet cleaning methods? My carpets need cleaning session and I am not willing to spend on professional services. If you can help it will save me some money. Waiting for reply

Last edited: Mar 31, 2013
  5. Mar 31, 2013 at 5:52 AM
    ppham444

ppham444 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Phuong
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2010 Double cab 4X4 TRD Sport with JBL
    Redline Tuning hood struts, tinted windows, FX-R HID projector retrofit headlights, AMP power steps
    I've used a small upholstery cleaner on car seats all the time. Just use hot water. On a warm day, the seats will dry out in like 5 or 6 hours. No problem.

6. Apr 14, 2013 at 12:01 PM
    PPower05

PPower05 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Perry
    Ranson, WV
    Vehicle:
    2010 SR5
    Had no issues, wife left a gallon of milk in the Corrola and left it in there for 3 days (95+ degrees). It blew up, rented a rug doctor, cleaned her car and mine. No problems what-so-ever, just crack your window to let it dry it...

To Top