1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

URD customer service

Discussion in 'Underdog Racing Development' started by supertaco8, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Sep 26, 2011 at 11:40 AM
    jspadaro

jspadaro Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    Former Tacoma Owner
    Blue Oval Mod
    Drudging up some dead threads I see... Necropost!

That being said, FWIW, I trusted URD with my truck for 2.5 months to get the 2.7L supercharger together.

Haven't regretted it for a second, Gadget's good people and does top-notch work.

2. Sep 26, 2011 at 11:52 AM
    97yota4wd

97yota4wd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    alot of metal, small engine, decent travel.
    caged, camburg long travel, 50t leafpack (soon to be installed) light rack over cab, 5pt harnesses etc
    i got some headers from gadget, always returned my phone calls and emails. i will be ordering from them again. i would also recommend them.

3. Jan 2, 2012 at 3:02 PM
    TacomaGus

TacomaGus Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gus
    Morgantown, WV
    Vehicle:
    08 White TRD Sport DC
    Tinted Tails, TRD Shift Knob, Kenwood Headunit, Ebay BHLM Lights, Trimmed Mud Flaps, 265/70/17 General Grabber AT2's, WeatherTech Mats, Black Badges, Sylvania ZXE Bulbs, AFE Stage 2 Si Intake, 17x8.5 Level 8 Guardian Wheels, URD SS, Custom 2.5" Catback with Aero 2525 and Vibrant Ultra Quiet Resonator, URD MAF CAL, JBA LT Headers, OME 884's, Nitrochargers, Dakars with 3rd lead removed, Light Racing UCA's
    don't want to totally bash URD as I know many people have had good experiences but I have made multiple phone calls and emails about my order of the afe stage 2 si intake from them. Accidently did an e check which takes days to clear and i need it on friday at the latest, so that was my fault, but have still received no response...

4. Jan 2, 2012 at 3:11 PM
    FIRTH4X4

FIRTH4X4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    98 Taco 2.7L 5spd
    He isn't bashing anyone, simply relaying his experience.

5. Jan 2, 2012 at 3:13 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Over the holidays? Gadget is entitled to time off just like everyone else...

6. Jan 2, 2012 at 3:35 PM
    Jonyd182

Jonyd182 What do you mean I can't go up there...Watch this!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Columbia, SC
    Vehicle:
    '99 SR5 TRD 3.4
    Armored to the teeth, 35's, Crawlbox, Boxed Frame
    There are some small vendor's on TW that provide a very specialized product or service that cannot be replicated elsewhere. These are typically individuals with a great passion for this community and should be treated with some respect for what they do for us.

I have dealt with several of them (Gadget being one of them) and have found their customer service to be excellent. Even to the point of talking me out of a purchase because it was not a suitable application for for my needs.

In this day in age when customer service has gone to shit and I could hire a 5 year with an internet connection to get better information then walking into about 95% of our big box retailers I would think twice before publicly bashing a vendor that it as well respected as Gadget.

If your looking for real knowledge for a unique application and have a little patience you will not be let down. However, it your trigger happy and expect immediate satisfaction to your every impulse you might want to look elsewhere.

Please set realistic expectation when dealing with such small vendors.

7. Jan 2, 2012 at 5:54 PM
    TacomaGus

Member:
    First Name:
    Gus
    Morgantown, WV
    Vehicle:
    08 White TRD Sport DC
    Tinted Tails, TRD Shift Knob, Kenwood Headunit, Ebay BHLM Lights, Trimmed Mud Flaps, 265/70/17 General Grabber AT2's, WeatherTech Mats, Black Badges, Sylvania ZXE Bulbs, AFE Stage 2 Si Intake, 17x8.5 Level 8 Guardian Wheels, URD SS, Custom 2.5" Catback with Aero 2525 and Vibrant Ultra Quiet Resonator, URD MAF CAL, JBA LT Headers, OME 884's, Nitrochargers, Dakars with 3rd lead removed, Light Racing UCA's
    well, man, for all the praise that everyone has given them for their outstanding customer service, I was expecting the same. and yes i realize it was a holiday and I yes I made the original mistake which has led to this, but after 72 hours i figured to get some sort of response. Doesn't mean he has to drive down to the shop on new years eve at midnight to do what i want, just any sign of a response.

Also i am entitled to my own opinion (which was not overtly disgruntled or ignorant) and it's people like you on this forum that piss people off. I understand what you are saying totally, but instead of coming on and giving me an Obama like speech you could've just read the previous posts in the thread and seen this sort of thing didn't do any good. Also the intake is not a "specialized product" its made by AFE and I could've gotten in from their website, summit, or an infinite number of other sites. URD didn't have the best price either, I gave them my business for the sake of supporting them since they support us but good one dude...

8. Jan 2, 2012 at 6:04 PM
    Jonyd182

Jonyd182 What do you mean I can't go up there...Watch this!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Columbia, SC
    Vehicle:
    '99 SR5 TRD 3.4
    Armored to the teeth, 35's, Crawlbox, Boxed Frame
    "People like me piss you off"?

You sound like an easily angered person and posting negative information about a business is basically holding a sign on the street corner.

Good day to you

9. Jan 2, 2012 at 6:21 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Three days over a holiday weekend?? You are pretty unrealistic in having a complaint at this point. You are welcome to be as demanding as you want- but expect to have people tell you that you are being unreasonable.

10. Jan 2, 2012 at 6:25 PM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    X2 idk about you but I had two 4 day weekends in a row. Your complaint is shallow and pedantic, gus

11. Jan 2, 2012 at 6:34 PM
    TRDKenE

TRDKenE DAMN GOOD DEAL!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Kenny
    Richmond, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    '10 D-CAB OFF-ROAD 4X4
    TRD CAI, GrillCraft.
    I called and got a hold of him first time no problems. He even did not have the item on his page went back to his shelf and dug the part up I was looking for that he had a couple of but were no longer available. Ill be buying from him again.

12. Jan 2, 2012 at 6:58 PM
    TacomaGus

Member:
    First Name:
    Gus
    Morgantown, WV
    Vehicle:
    08 White TRD Sport DC
    this is unbelievable. I get on TW with questions, offer input or advice and I never bash anyone or knock anyone and my original comment was not in any way condesending or overtly rude etc. Yet this is the responses i get as if i was going out of my way to destroy the guys reputation and defile his business/name in any way possible hahaha. Its great that you all are defending him which is an obvious sign of customer loyalty and appreciation and thus was the reason why I gave my business to him in the first place. This post and the previous are not even having anything to do with gadget/URD anymore its just about defending myself for expressing a simple statement. I just feel bad now that my reputation on TW as been tarnished over this, and that my first argument over ANYTHING on here has to be over my moral character or patience but its just the internet so o well

13. Jan 2, 2012 at 7:02 PM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    Fuck dude, I still love ya....who gives a shit about what half these assholes think around here anyway lol! :woot:

:D

14. Jan 2, 2012 at 7:05 PM
    TacomaGus

Member:
    First Name:
    Gus
    Morgantown, WV
    Vehicle:
    08 White TRD Sport DC
    haha thanks man, but i'm not trying to add anymore fuel to the fire. Prob just gonna go and continue my day of watching great bowl games haha

15. Jan 2, 2012 at 7:07 PM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    atta boy :D

Have a good night man! :cool:

16. Jan 2, 2012 at 7:28 PM
    Gadget@URD

Gadget@URD Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    Southern Maryland USA
    Vehicle:
    URD Supercharged XRunner
    I am sure you can understand that URD is not going to ship an order until it is paid for. You paid by eCheck and that is not scheduled to clear until the 5th.

You sent an email on Saturday at 3 PM and one Monday at 1:45 PM. Sorry, but URD is normally closed on Saturday and we are closed on Holidays especially when FedEx is closed. We can't ship so no point in being here.

As far as phone calls, I checked. I see ONE phone message from you left at 3 PM on a Holiday Monday and we were CLOSED.

I think your expectations are a little high. Try getting TRD to answer your emails and phone calls on a Holiday weekend.

I don't get the point of flaming URD on this forum because you can't get a hold of us when we are closed on a holiday.

Anyway, I would love to help you out. Give me a call when we are OPEN and I will see what can be done to help you out.

G

17. Jan 2, 2012 at 7:48 PM
    thebottomline

thebottomline Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pac NW
    Vehicle:
    11 sport
    I really don't think this is flaming URD.
    Just stating his experience so far. Not everyone knows the
    schedules and lots of businesses are open during the holidays.

Many members have URD products and are very happy, a
    simple search on tacomaworld will show this. That is why
    URD can respond and explain the specific situation. I've
    worked in customer service for years and lots of people
    have unreasonable expectations, but those people often
    are loyal and repeat customers if their problem is resolved
    adequately.

18. Jan 2, 2012 at 8:08 PM
    Canadian Girl

Canadian Girl Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kim
    Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    07 X Runner
    Billet 5 piece Grille, Pink X-Brace, Pink Devil Horns, Stereo with Sub-X, short shifter, URD intake, Xii street drop, Vinyl custom interior dash,......... for now ;)
    Gadget I still luv u :)

19. Jan 2, 2012 at 8:54 PM
    TacomaGus

Member:
    First Name:
    Gus
    Morgantown, WV
    Vehicle:
    08 White TRD Sport DC
    yes thank you so much. Obviously i assumed they were closed on new years day and probably had atleast a short day new years eve but i had no idea that they wouldn't be open today. I didn't flame anyone and yes just stated my experience thus far. And ya every place around here was open new years eve (which was a saturday so technically irrelevant) and most were open today so i guess thats what i get for assuming

20. Jan 3, 2012 at 9:53 AM
    Gadget@URD

Gadget@URD Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    Southern Maryland USA
    Vehicle:
    URD Supercharged XRunner

What happens at X-Fest, stays at X-Fest!!!

G

To Top