1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

URD Customer Service????

Discussion in 'Underdog Racing Development' started by virgilus11, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Jan 13, 2010 at 8:07 AM
    virgilus11

virgilus11 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    kearny, nj
    Vehicle:
    09 sr5
    TRD supercharger,EMU 884 springs, 90000 shocks, air bags rear and TSB with EMU shocks, grillcraft mesh, Relentless front bumper,Armology rear bumper, byxenon hid's retro ,undercover lid with bike rack on top, Kenwood dnx9140,TRD cover seats
    THIS IS NOT A RANT. Just a question. This is my first experience with the guy and I don't want to make it sound like a routine. I called Gadget couple weeks back and inquired for a boost gauge and AFR sensor. All most three weeks latter I still don't have all my parts and (or) a written reciept to what I have to pay. I did provide my email and my credit card. His site states verry clear that --THE PARTS ARE IN STOCK and ready to ship.

In my last conversation with him, I told him that I want to cancel the order and return the parts that he, all ready sent me. His answer is that I will have to pay 18% restocking fee. This, to me, is not fair provided that he did not have the _PARTS IN STOCK- as the site states and all most three weeks latter you give me the same answer. Is coming from the Manufacture.

My question is= Is this typical of his way of doing business ??? or just,simply, my luck.

2. Jan 13, 2010 at 8:56 AM
    TacoSupreem

TacoSupreem Dirty Trucker

Member:
    First Name:
    Hayden
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM DCSB 4x4 Sport
    Sorry to hear that, I personally have not had any bad experiences with gadget? I know sometimes he has been lied to by some of the company's who's products he sells! Thus making him look bad! I'm confident he will make it right if u give him the opportunity!

3. Jan 13, 2010 at 9:13 AM
    NumNutz

NumNutz One of the original 7928

Member:
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma 4x4 - Kings, TC, Dakars, broken stuff
    Lots.
    Gadget is a pretty good guy and is up front but he doesn't have a lot of employees I believe and has a lot on his plate. I'm not trying to make excuses but half of his business is in California and half is in Maryland so it's hard to track of everything with the site and all I presume.

I have had several successful transactions with URD and would do business again with them in a heart beat.

I'm sure Gadget will find a way to work this out.

4. Jan 13, 2010 at 11:33 AM
    virgilus11

Member:
    kearny, nj
    Vehicle:
    09 sr5
    TRD supercharger,EMU 884 springs, 90000 shocks, air bags rear and TSB with EMU shocks, grillcraft mesh, Relentless front bumper,Armology rear bumper, byxenon hid's retro ,undercover lid with bike rack on top, Kenwood dnx9140,TRD cover seats
    I am pretty sure that you are both, right. He did give me the impression that he is trying to be in 10 places at one time. He sound's like a nice guy and he really knows his work well. Let's hope that everything will turn OK. For those that like his products,, please don't take this as a RANT. It was more of a concern and so far I am very pleased with the quality of parts he sent.

5. Jan 13, 2010 at 11:43 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    I belive Silver06TRD had a similar issue....Not sure whats going on with URD..

6. Jan 13, 2010 at 12:30 PM
    virgilus11

Member:
    kearny, nj
    Vehicle:
    09 sr5
    We all have ups and down's. I hope this tread is not going to taint his reputation.

off topics- Cris, I looked every where in this forum and two others. Do you know of a place where is showing - How to install the Gauge with the AFR sensor and (or) where on the supercharger I have to connect to read the Boost ?????. Doesn't look that complicated but if I can get some literature would boost my confidence.

Thank you.

7. Jan 13, 2010 at 12:43 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Im not sure of an online reference, and I cant remember off hand where I mounted mine on my first gen.....Maybe hit up Xrunnit and see what he says.

8. Jan 13, 2010 at 6:07 PM
    virgilus11

Member:
    kearny, nj
    Vehicle:
    09 sr5
    Thank you.

9. Jan 17, 2010 at 11:44 AM
    Gadget@URD

Gadget@URD Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    Southern Maryland USA
    Vehicle:
    URD Supercharged XRunner
    Virgil I am sorry that despite my efforts you are still unhappy.

One of the items you ordered when you placed your order over the phone was out of stock. As I explained to you in your numerous calls to check the status of your order that the PLX SM-AFR was simply not available and PLX had a screw up in production and were making another batch of the units and yours would ship as soon as it was manufactured. Each time you called to check the status and were informed of this problem you chose to continue to wait for the item. You were consistently apprised of the status and a projected ship date based on the best info URD was provided.

After you received the complete order you asked to return everything because you felt it was to complicated to install. Yes, there is a restocking fee for such returns. If you had canceled the order before it shipped or because we could not deliver it to you in a timely fashion there would not be a restocking fee.

URD has also taken your tech support calls to help you with the installation of the products.

If there is anything else URD can do for you please call again.

Gadget

10. Jan 17, 2010 at 1:46 PM
    virgilus11

Member:
    kearny, nj
    Vehicle:
    09 sr5
    Hey GAdget,

I am not unhappy. Just concern and irritated. I believe that you are a Gentlemen and you really tried everything to help me. You and your Teck service where helpful and I Thank you.

On our second conversation,over the phone YOU told me that you run out parts and I will get everything from the Manufacture. Two weeks latter, when I told you that I am planing to cancel my order and that I was looking for an email with a trucking #,,, you replied very quick by sending me- your quote -(what you found in a corner of your shop). That was a partial delivery and I still have to wait for the gauge.

Yes I was upset and still am with the idea that you told me that this is a plug in. To find latter that I have to remove my manifold, drill a hole and weld in order to install the sensor. Out of four shops the best price was $250 and two of them don't even want to do it. Now, this is something that I was not prepared for and I am not talking about $$$$. I am talking about New Jersey Laws. No one wants to do a custom installation. They are all afraid of getting sued if anything goes wrong.

Tomorrow -Monday- That makes exactly FOUR weeks since you and me , we had our first conversation and placed the order. Your Provider was not able to send me a gauge in FOUR weeks and you want me to pay you 18% returning fee ???. How much should I wait ??? Wy do I have to pay if they are lying to you. I placed the order before Christmas, I give your provider a full month to deliver and I believe that he should bay for inconvenience. I will pay the shipping back and fort but there is nothing on your SIte that says that I have to wait forever.

Sorry for this and I know is not your fault but this has to stop here. This trend was a simple question and not a rant. I don't intend to turn this into a spitting contest and lets consider my experience an accident.

Thank you.

ps,,,,AS OF TODAY - SUNDAY 1-17-10,,, I STILL DON'T HAVE THE GAUGE.

11. Mar 26, 2010 at 6:06 AM
    MrZoggs

MrZoggs Ainokea

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    13' DCLB Sport
    Some Stuff...
    Not sure what to think about URD just yet...

I recently placed an order and have yet to receive ANY type of verification of my order, receipt of purchase, or any shipping/tracking information...

I understand that Gadget must be a busy dude, and he is a good guy that does know what hes talking about and all. (Nothing against you gadget) Just, honestly I'm disappointed as well in the way that URD has handled my purchase thus far..

As a paying customer I'd like to believe that if a company has the time to charge my account, 20 minutes after the purchasing phone call.. then they would have the time to send out one email of reassurance that they are in fact doing business with me..

In my case I purchased the DTLH & DTPB for my truck on Saturday March 20th over the phone with Gadget himself. He was very curtious over the phone and said he was going to try and ship it out that day. Tuesday rolled around and I had yet to recieve any type of information about my order. Called URD a few times and finally got an answer. Gadget said that my product had shipped out on Monday and that I should email URD requesting the documents I have not recieved yet.. (Yes, granted its only been 4 business days) However, after 2 emails and numerous phone calls to a business line that never seems to answer or return your phone calls I am beginning to wonder what exactly has happend to my $1000.00 that I no longer have..

Originally I was planning on purchasing the X-One controller followed up by the supercharger system from URD next week but now I am having second thoughts about weither or not I'd like to continue doing business with URD..

...Which I will admit is rather dissapointing...

12. Mar 26, 2010 at 7:32 AM
    celec

celec Well-Known Member

Member:
    Miami, FL
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Sport MGM
    Are you sure you can use the X-One controller on a 2010? Also I believe there is no URD S/C kit yet for 2010. I am assuming you have a 2010 per your sig.

13. Mar 26, 2010 at 11:18 AM
    MrZoggs

MrZoggs Ainokea

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    13' DCLB Sport
    Some Stuff...
    Well, when I was on the phone with Gadget I had mentioned in passing that I was planning on ordering the X-one & supercharger after I had told him my year make and model.. He didn't mention anything about it not working. However that type of thing can be easily overlooked since I wasn't ordering it at the present time, you know what I mean?

Although, I wouldn't see much change in the urd s/c system bolting up to my 2010.. I think/hope that it will fit it all the same. And if anything.. the X-one might need some type of software update or w.e.. Which can hopefully be done through a simple download. But you never know... I'll keep you posted as I add these items to my truck.

14. Mar 26, 2010 at 5:36 PM
    MrZoggs

MrZoggs Ainokea

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    13' DCLB Sport
    Some Stuff...
    Update: Received parts today. Still no receipt of purchase..

15. Mar 26, 2010 at 5:46 PM
    all.on.black

all.on.black Well-Known Member

Member:
    Auburn, WA
    Vehicle:
    06 Double Cab Sport with a few mods
    The X-One does not work with the 2010 Tacoma. The ECU plugs are different from 05-09 to 2010. The supercharger will fit but you will need to figure out something else for fuel management.

16. Mar 27, 2010 at 9:20 AM
    newengland

newengland small /= slow

Member:
    NH
    Vehicle:
    07 Reg. Cab. 2.7L s/c
    Alpine Supercharger, DT header, Gibson exhaust, URD short-shifter, Hellwig anti-sway bar, backwards helper-leaf traction mod
    I've bought nearly all my products from URD. Sometimes it takes a little longer than predicted for them to arrive (currently waiting on a part myself), but it always arrives. He's pretty busy, so a little patience is a good thing.

17. Apr 3, 2010 at 8:15 AM
    newengland

newengland small /= slow

Member:
    NH
    Vehicle:
    07 Reg. Cab. 2.7L s/c
    Alpine Supercharger, DT header, Gibson exhaust, URD short-shifter, Hellwig anti-sway bar, backwards helper-leaf traction mod
    Well, I hate to have to do this after what I wrote, but I'm in Zoggs boat at the moment. Sent in an order online the second week in march. A week later (March 19th) it said it shipped (even though the site said ships in 24 hours, but that's no biggie). However, it's been two weeks since the posted ship date. I can't think FedEx is that slow. Shot him an e-mail on Thursday about it, still waiting for a reply.

18. Apr 7, 2010 at 11:38 AM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    Well... I can't comment on the other products mentioned above, but I ordered the short shifter for my 07 6-speed. It took a while to get,but it was WELL WORTH IT!!!
    It's a completely different driving experience & the best $150.00 I've spent on the taco so far...:cool:
    Thank you URD!!!

19. Apr 7, 2010 at 2:10 PM
    newengland

newengland small /= slow

Member:
    NH
    Vehicle:
    07 Reg. Cab. 2.7L s/c
    I have the short shifter for my truck. Don't get me wrong, their products are great. I'm just having issues with the long turn-around time in combination with the silence of their customer service to inquiries.

20. Apr 8, 2010 at 4:49 PM
    Gadget@URD

Gadget@URD Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    Southern Maryland USA
    Vehicle:
    URD Supercharged XRunner

We are all caught up on emails and have been for some time.

We answer all the emails we get, but sometimes they don't get to us or our responses end up in a spam folder somewhere.

Lets try a new approach, give me a call, 877-887-3872 x3 and lets see if we can sort this out.

G

To Top