1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

URD Spec-U Exhaust, 2016+ Tacoma V6 AC/LB, DC/SB

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by Glenn_R, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Dec 14, 2017 at 6:21 PM
    Yzkiley

Yzkiley Well-Known Member

Member:
    British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2016 MGM Tacoma Sport DCSB MT
    rain guards, hood deflector, oem tonneau, BFG ko2's, led lightbar behind grill, highlift jack mount side rail, husky Xact front & rear mats, bedrug, AFE cold air intake with scoop, TB spacer, Spec U exhaust, Hikari - lumileds Led's, any time backup cam and gps, OV tune 103B, TRD pro grille, Cali raised pod fog lights, ECGS needle bearing, Bilstein 5100's, Low range offroad 3-1 level kit, SPC light racing ctrl arms, spidertraxx 1.25in spacers, Ride right airbags, clazzio seat covers, carrier bearing spacer, diff drop spacer.....
    Wait 3 weeks? I saw your post from Dec 5th stating the problem with fitment. So has it been 3 weeks or 9 days? I was notified on the 5th via email, and voicemail. This problem isn't being rectified fast enough imo. Going on 1.5 weeks now. Plenty of time for Gadget to pull together his resources, and make this right. It doesn't take days or weeks to fabricate y-pipes. I don't care if its the holiday season either. The replacement parts should be in the custody of Fed Ex by now. Doubt they ship tomorrow, just going by past history with Gadget.[/QUOTE]
    I was told by Gadget via email that they would be shipping by the end of this week. Reality check, even if this happens probably wont see my replacement pipe in Canada before years end. Its too bad really as I was pretty excited when ordering the product to only learn that it wont fit. I could of bought something else I suppose. All I know is this exhaust better fit perfectly after all this

:quickdraw:

charlieyankee88 likes this.
  2. Dec 14, 2017 at 10:32 PM
    SK808

SK808 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ewa Beach, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma TRD OR DCSB 4X4
    Magnuson Supercharger, Kings w/Resi front and rear, ICON UCA, Allpro STD leaf pack, C4 Fab Hybrid Front Bumper, RCI Rear Bumper, X20 winch, All Pro U-bolt Flip Kit w/ wheelers bump stop, Method 701, 17X8.5 w/0 offset, BFG KM3 285/70/17, All Pro Sliders, TRD CAI, Spec-U exhaust, Total Chaos bed stiffener, RCI Skid Plates (all skids), Wet Okole seat covers, Diamondback tonneau cover, Grillcraft MX Grille, Husky front floor mats, Weather Tech rear floor mats, bed mat, various Baja Design lights, mobtown tailgate reinforcement plate, and a bunch of other stuff.
    When I bought my spec-u back in July it had the bung hole issue. It took about 4 weeks to receive the replacement pipe. I’ve been so busy never got around to installing it. Spec-u is still sitting in the box in my garage. I hope there’s nothing else wrong with it.

3. Dec 15, 2017 at 2:17 AM
    charlieyankee88

charlieyankee88 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD OR DCSB MT
    RADFLO Suspension, JBA HD UCAs, Mobtown low pro bumper, Mobtown bolt-on sliders, Engo SR10s, SCS Stealth 6, AFE CAI, URD Spec U, OV Tuned, Gobi Rack, Softopper, CMC
    I was told by Gadget via email that they would be shipping by the end of this week. Reality check, even if this happens probably wont see my replacement pipe in Canada before years end. Its too bad really as I was pretty excited when ordering the product to only learn that it wont fit. I could of bought something else I suppose. All I know is this exhaust better fit perfectly after all this

:quickdraw:[/QUOTE]

Exhaust was received on December 1, didn’t get around to trying to put it on until the 5th.. so 2 weeks, I was a little off. But, as you said parts will probably not be in the mail today and I have a feeling I am looking at a 3 week time before I see them.

4. Dec 15, 2017 at 3:39 PM
    Vitalzone

Vitalzone Well-Known Member

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD OR 4x4 DCSB 6 spd manual
    -ADS coil overs with RR, and compression adjusters -ADS triple bypass rear shocks -Mcm UCAs -Deaver U402 stage 1 leaf packs -ADS bumps in the rear with Icon U bolt flip striker plates -Relentless Offroad U bolts -Wheeler superbumps in front -SCS 17" Ray 10s -285/75/17 BFG KM2s -Nitro 5.29 gears -Pelfteybilt armor front to back with HC rear bumper. T- case skid cut to fit Spec U exhaust. -RCI diff skid -Avid bed bars with basket holding spare. Poison Spyder 3-way strap. Hi-lift jack,and shovel mounted to basket. - SDHQ ditch light brackets with BD Squadron Pro spots. -BD Squadron Pro wide cornering in F. bumper. -BD S8 30" bar in F. bumper -Smittybilt 10k X20 winch -Factor 55 fairlead, and prolink -Switch pro 9100, with custom machined aluminum switch bezel. -BAMF grille insert -URD short throw shifter -URD Spec U exhaust cut over axle. Exhaust looks like it was fabricated by a blind child. -Suntek carbon XP 18% tint all around -ARB single compressor, mounted on Slee bracket. Lines to front, and rear bumper. -Rear diff breather mod,ran to bed cubby. -Ovtune 1.05 FOB 91 -Sprint-booster -Clutch accumalator delete mod -Hella Sharptone horns -Crown +4” extended brake lines, with modified factory brackets to fit lines. -Hypertech speedo calibrator -Custom pinstripes, and trail rash done by the beautiful AZ desert.
    Well today has come , and gone. No shipping notification here. Waiting for Gadget to answer my email. Update when he does.

5. Dec 15, 2017 at 4:23 PM
    Yzkiley

Member:
    British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    rain guards, hood deflector, oem tonneau, BFG ko2's, led lightbar behind grill, highlift jack mount side rail, husky Xact front & rear mats, bedrug, AFE cold air intake with scoop, TB spacer, Spec U exhaust, Hikari - lumileds Led's, any time backup cam and gps, OV tune 103B, TRD pro grille, Cali raised pod fog lights, ECGS needle bearing, Bilstein 5100's, Low range offroad 3-1 level kit, SPC light racing ctrl arms, spidertraxx 1.25in spacers, Ride right airbags, clazzio seat covers, carrier bearing spacer, diff drop spacer.....
    No email here either, I will send an email to Gadget as well, :censored:

6. Dec 18, 2017 at 10:41 AM
    Vitalzone

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    -ADS coil overs with RR, and compression adjusters -ADS triple bypass rear shocks -Mcm UCAs -Deaver U402 stage 1 leaf packs -ADS bumps in the rear with Icon U bolt flip striker plates -Relentless Offroad U bolts -Wheeler superbumps in front -SCS 17" Ray 10s -285/75/17 BFG KM2s -Nitro 5.29 gears -Pelfteybilt armor front to back with HC rear bumper. T- case skid cut to fit Spec U exhaust. -RCI diff skid -Avid bed bars with basket holding spare. Poison Spyder 3-way strap. Hi-lift jack,and shovel mounted to basket. - SDHQ ditch light brackets with BD Squadron Pro spots. -BD Squadron Pro wide cornering in F. bumper. -BD S8 30" bar in F. bumper -Smittybilt 10k X20 winch -Factor 55 fairlead, and prolink -Switch pro 9100, with custom machined aluminum switch bezel. -BAMF grille insert -URD short throw shifter -URD Spec U exhaust cut over axle. Exhaust looks like it was fabricated by a blind child. -Suntek carbon XP 18% tint all around -ARB single compressor, mounted on Slee bracket. Lines to front, and rear bumper. -Rear diff breather mod,ran to bed cubby. -Ovtune 1.05 FOB 91 -Sprint-booster -Clutch accumalator delete mod -Hella Sharptone horns -Crown +4” extended brake lines, with modified factory brackets to fit lines. -Hypertech speedo calibrator -Custom pinstripes, and trail rash done by the beautiful AZ desert.
    Did you send an email? No reply to mine. I have a feeling that I'm being ignored. I want to call, but I know that will turn into a heated " discussion".

7. Dec 18, 2017 at 12:46 PM
    Yzkiley

Member:
    British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    Yes, sent 2. Just got a reply back now and Gadget said they are starting to ship out tomorrow

8. Dec 18, 2017 at 2:52 PM
    Vitalzone

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    I called him. Tells me my Y pipe should be one of the first to ship out tomorrow. I asked if he would ship overnight. Basically told me only if I would pay the difference in shipping cost. If I didn't like it I could return the exhaust at my expense also. So 5 weeks to get the exhaust, which isn't a big deal if he dick me around to begin with, and another 2 weeks to fix their fuck up on their part. Plus the time to ship from Maryland to AZ which another 4-5 days on a Fedex truck. I'll be lucky to make my wheeling trip I had planned out over the holiday weekend.

9. Dec 18, 2017 at 4:38 PM
    Yzkiley

Member:
    British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    Not the best but at least we are getting our replacement pipe. Here's hoping it gets here before the New Year

10. Dec 21, 2017 at 2:35 PM
    CanadaToy

CanadaToy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Toronto
    Vehicle:
    17 DCSB TRD OR Alpine
    TRD Pro grille & skid, OEM tonneau and roof racks
    Mine was shipped out on the 20th and will arrive tomorrow - and URD is shipping it to my house (the original was sent to buffalo where i picked it up) - big thanks to URD - I may even get a chance to install before Christmas!

11. Dec 21, 2017 at 6:43 PM
    Vitalzone

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    To my surprise mine was shipped overnight yesterday, arrived today. Seems like arguing over the phone with Gadget was worth it.
    Happy he stepped up in that regard. That's about where my happiness ends. While fitting up the exhaust tonight I discovered that the mid section behind the Y pipe needs about 1.5"- 2" chopped off where it inserts into the muffler. The muffler needs to move towards the front of the truck in order for the tailpipe hangers to engage the rubber mounts. Right now the tailpipe smashes into the spring hanger bracket, doesn't even come close to clearing. I'm chopping it over the axle anyway, because of my high clearance rear bumper, but still the hangers don't reach. Overall the exhaust looks like it was fabricated by junior high metal shop student. TIG welds are severely undercut on all 3 bung locations, and multiple locations on several welded joints, and overall look very amateur. Grind marks that are deep enough to create flat spots on the tubing all over in several places, it looks like the fabricator had zero control of their tool, and what direction to grind in. Tubes are crushed in several locations from either a vise or jig, which totally defeats the purpose of smooth mandrel bends. I had to debur every slip joint inside ,and out because the tubes would not slide into one another. There is more, but I will save it for after I get install complete. I have no choice, but to move forward with install. This is the only aftermarket exhaust that will allow me to finally install my flat belly skids that have been occupying my living room for a year. Modifying the factory Y was never an option for me, in hindsight maybe I should have done that. This exhaust isn't even in the ball park of what a $1000 worth of stainless tubing should be. The craftsmanship, fit, finish, and quality is terrible. The nicest part of the exhaust is the Magnaflow muffler. Just for the record I have built everything from drag cars, bagged trucks, 4x4 trucks, sportbikes, and dirtbikes. I have spent probably over $100k in aftermarket parts over the last 20 years, and I have never seen an exhaust this shitty before. I will be posting pics backing all this up, after all is said, and done.

dYL0n, barcelona7568 and oscolivar1 like this.
  12. Dec 21, 2017 at 7:45 PM
    barcelona7568

barcelona7568 Well-Known Member

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    16 DCLB, Stock
    Many such cases. Sad!

dYL0n likes this.
  13. Dec 22, 2017 at 10:29 AM
    Double Phister

Double Phister Punch it Chewie

Member:
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCSB TRD OR
    guess I'm buying a welder.

McFlysRide likes this.
  14. Dec 22, 2017 at 11:08 AM
    TREspalding

TREspalding Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pictures?

15. Dec 22, 2017 at 1:41 PM
    Vitalzone

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Im working on finishing up the install as I type this. Might be tomorrow before I get pics posted up.

16. Dec 22, 2017 at 7:34 PM
    eldedo

eldedo voted most likely eaten by a bear

Member:
    Mojave Desert
    Vehicle:
    '16 DCSBOR 4X4
    2888/5100/Dakars 285's/Camburgs
    wonder if the u-pipe would pass cali smog...

17. Dec 22, 2017 at 7:55 PM
    McFlysRide

McFlysRide Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Sport DC
    6" lift, Fox 2.5 DSC with adjusters(Rear 2.5s on the Rona’ back order) FF headache racks/Modifier&RC Cubes,DBCustoms Matte PC Grill w dual RC Cubes and amber backlit script, Westin Rails,Dropstar 20" 645B with 35.12.50.20 Nitto Trail Grapplers. MESO'd out. Rago bed mounts. Dynamat,JL650s components in all corners with dual JL 10” shallow mounts/custom box. Taco tunes amp for the doors and Monoblock for the subs.
    Dang this is disappointing. Maybe another outfit will step up to the plate and try to pick up the pieces with a new offering.
    I'm no pro welder, but I would think after a couple of prototypes with your testbed tacoma your jig points for your assembly line would be gospel. I love the sound of the URD, just bummed with the fitment fiascos.

18. Jan 8, 2018 at 9:04 PM
    Yzkiley

Member:
    British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    Finally recieved my replacement pipe. Sure took a while and I was right that it would take till after the New Year. I am installing it this Friday and hope there are no fitment issues. :quickdraw:

19. Jan 8, 2018 at 9:24 PM
    eldedo

eldedo voted most likely eaten by a bear

Member:
    Mojave Desert
    Vehicle:
    '16 DCSBOR 4X4
    2888/5100/Dakars 285's/Camburgs
    so has URD cleaned up the quality issues?

20. Jan 8, 2018 at 10:13 PM
    Yzkiley

Member:
    British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    I let you know Friday night after I'm done installing

Products Discussed in

To Top