1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

URD SuperCharger STG III check engine light?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by stinky_truck, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Jun 3, 2010 at 10:59 PM
    ktmrider

ktmrider Senior Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB 4x4 Sport S/C
    Junk
    where are you located?

2. Jun 3, 2010 at 11:02 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    if you have the dough thorley long tubes, what do you have your O2 sensors connected to?

3. Jun 3, 2010 at 11:14 PM
    stinky_truck

stinky_truck [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    ryan
    i=13 miles currently @ 75,500 miles
    Vehicle:
    Plane Jane:4x4,6 speed, shortest bed,URD3SC
    front baja bbq hoop bumper and rear allpro bumper, URD SCIII,urd short throw & stg IIIclutch combo kit w/throwout, DDM Hid 4000k, icon frt (coil overs)& rear shocks (piggy back rez)& add a leaf.
    i wish i was rich . i just work hard for my cheese. being single and having an electrical construction job pays well. i used my income tax for the urd III kit. came out to 6565 w/out the urd cat back. i just jerry rigged my trd cat back inorder to keep the noise level down. the dt headers has a reciever for some type of sensors and the urd ypipe also has recievers in which i plugged in some type of sensors into. i am located in denver co. so anyone with a trd sc want to switch out a test run ?

4. Jun 3, 2010 at 11:18 PM
    stinky_truck

Member:
    First Name:
    ryan
    Vehicle:
    front baja bbq hoop bumper and rear allpro bumper, URD SCIII,urd short throw & stg IIIclutch combo kit w/throwout, DDM Hid 4000k, icon frt (coil overs)& rear shocks (piggy back rez)& add a leaf.
    i wonder what a urd sg 3 kit feels like compared to an sts turbo kit or trd sc kit or any other twin turbo kit?

5. Jun 3, 2010 at 11:23 PM
    stinky_truck

Member:
    First Name:
    ryan
    Vehicle:
    jus need some Trail Ready HD wheels Black w/chrome st ring and P285/70R17 tires and wheel b lookin good.

6. Jun 4, 2010 at 1:12 AM
    roxspin72

roxspin72 Enjoying my addiction

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    Speedway Blue, TRD, 4X4,
    Oh Yeah!!!
    The Sensors in your DTLT Headers are AFR Sensors, and the ones in your Y-pipe are regular O2 sensors. You cannot afford to mix these up. Try hitting your local Auto Zone or somewhere that will let you pull up the code using an OBD2 Diagnostic tool. That will give you a good sense of where to start looking. A damaged AFR sensor will really start throwing some codes. The rear O2 sensors are plugged in but the APR-X1 will ignore them if you have the right tune uploaded in it. You can also do a data log with the APR using a Laptop. Send that file to Gadget, he will then be able to see what mite be going on.

Caution: I'd be very carefull driving around while not knowing whats up with the CEL. Especially driving while under Boost.

Good luck.

7. Jun 4, 2010 at 1:42 AM
    rossk35

rossk35 Do Work Son!

Member:
    hawaii
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport Supercharged
    TRD S/C/TRD Intake/TRD Boost Gauge/DT Headers/OEM TL/ZKW retro/Pioneer DVD w/Ipod/Magnaflow/20% Tint/BHLM/JL 10" sub, JL VR components, JL 450/4 amp/Helwig Sway bar/Viper 791/ 18" limited 4runner rims
    without knowing what code its throwing nobody can help you. The x-1 doesn't require o2 sim with headers.

8. Jun 4, 2010 at 2:20 AM
    dwntwnall4u

dwntwnall4u Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    san diego
    Vehicle:
    2013 4x4 Dbl cab Auto
    Should not have any engine light, X-1 should take care of it.

Slight jerking while in 1st or 2nd driving slow, yes.

I am working with APR and Gadget on a possible fix.

9. Jun 4, 2010 at 7:42 AM
    T0LLPHR33

T0LLPHR33 Well-Known Member

Member:
    S1N C1TY...(from Hilo, HI)...
    Vehicle:
    BSP TRD Off-Road
    APR X-1 | TRD CAI w/Clear Cover | TRD Short Shifter w/ TRD "RED" Shift Knob | SGII w/Blendmount| Snugtop SL w/KeyLess Entry | 5% Tint | Pop-n-Lock | Bosch Icon WB | S2K Antenna | HRM | LS 8K Projectors w/BSP HLM & 8K Fogs w/FLM | Debadged |Tinted Tails | Black Weathertechs | MX RGM & RBM | Optima Red Top 35 | Gatorback Belt |
    you don't need the o2 sim to get rid of the check engine light...you have the APR X-1 installed...that should remove turn off the check engine light on its own...

10. Jun 4, 2010 at 8:46 AM
    roxspin72

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    Speedway Blue, TRD, 4X4,
    Oh Yeah!!!
    Yes we are all on the same sheet of music, problem is with the X-1 he has the issue of CEL, soo: lets help find the problem, I.e... OBD2 be the first answer. enough of the your should of could of responses lets fix this prob... Got it!!!

Im all about solutions for an issue rather than restating the problem...:cool:

11. Jun 4, 2010 at 11:25 AM
    stinky_truck

Member:
    First Name:
    ryan
    Vehicle:
    thanks for the help all. i will find a obd2, and let yalls know the results.

12. Jun 4, 2010 at 11:26 PM
    stinky_truck

Member:
    First Name:
    ryan
    Vehicle:
    borrowed a obd2 tool from advance auto prts , the code came up to be, multiply cynlinder mis fire, and fuel to rich. and also my fuel guage doesn't work properly . it stuck on 3/4 full. i probably got the fuel floater stuck or tighten the fuel bucket cap to tight.

13. Jun 4, 2010 at 11:34 PM
    stinky_truck

Member:
    First Name:
    ryan
    Vehicle:
    how do i reinstall the program apr x-1 on my taco? i installed the apr black computer to my stock truck computer and replugged in all the harnesses back to the apr black computer as directed. I thought i had to have the usb thumb drive plugged in when i first install the urd supercharger stg III kit. but called gadget and didn't have to. by doin this i hope i didn't mess up my truck program apr x-1? how do i know the apr x-1 program is installed to my taco? i've already inslalled it on my passenger bottom side where the feet are located.

14. Jun 4, 2010 at 11:38 PM
    stinky_truck

Member:
    First Name:
    ryan
    Vehicle:
    whatz the difference in the apr x-1 cam gears and the stock cam gears? is it the material its made out of? do the apr x-1 came gears with stand more heat or something? i compared them before installed them into the small chain under the cam covers, and they have the same amount of teeth. the stock cam gears are beefer than the apr x-1 cam gears? whatz ya'lls thoughts.?

15. Jun 4, 2010 at 11:51 PM
    stinky_truck

Member:
    First Name:
    ryan
    Vehicle:
    did i plugged this tiny ass vacume hoses in correctly ?????
    [​IMG]

16. Jun 4, 2010 at 11:53 PM
    stinky_truck

Member:
    First Name:
    ryan
    Vehicle:
    then i plugged this small bosch top hose into this T-connector. ran it from the passenger side under neath the top manifold to the driver side.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Jun 4, 2010 at 11:56 PM
    stinky_truck

Member:
    First Name:
    ryan
    Vehicle:
    if anybody lives in denver and needs help install turbo kits of superchargers let me if u need some labor help!

18. Jun 5, 2010 at 12:19 AM
    dwntwnall4u

dwntwnall4u Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    san diego
    Vehicle:
    2013 4x4 Dbl cab Auto
    Those hoses look correct. X-1 cam gears retard the exhaust valves

19. Jun 5, 2010 at 5:55 AM
    roxspin72

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    Speedway Blue, TRD, 4X4,
    Oh Yeah!!!
    The Multiple cylinder misfire code could have something to do with the camgears. I hope you or whoever installed them did it right, and double checked everything about 5 times. If installed wrong, some serious damge can be done, sometimes leading to a new motor.

As for the X1, use the wires it came with and hook it up to a laptop, while running the X Tune software you should be able to read real time data. Thats how you will know you are connected and the X1 is doing it's job.

20. Jun 5, 2010 at 8:19 AM
    joshua32

joshua32 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joshua
    Tyler, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner SR5
    Having as much trouble as you are having and not even knowing what the components of the supercharger kit do is not very good advertisement. I could be wrong though...

Products Discussed in

To Top