1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

URD TCAI Thread

Discussion in 'Underdog Racing Development' started by santas212, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Aug 6, 2012 at 2:05 AM
    santas212

santas212 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Georgetown, CT
    Vehicle:
    '09 dblcab long bed, TRD Sport, Barcelona Red
    -2 spare Electrical fuse blocks hard wired to the battery with a key on relay. -Hard Wired Radar detector over rearview mirror. -2 Dual Whelen Avenger blue LED emergency lights, one on each side of the rearview mirror. -EP911 Blue LED Light Bar & Traffic Advisor, Rear Windows. -4 corner amber strobes in stock lights. -Hardwired RF Scanner with external speaker under center console. -Huskyliner front splash guards -Fireband 2 way radio in center console. -Herculiner painted on hitch and skid plate.
    I am interested in getting the URD TCAI for my currently stock 09

I was hoping to get some past and present users of the URD TCAI to chime in with some comments, reviews, pictures etc.

I would love it if someone could drop on a youtube video of what their engine sounds like with the TCAI installed.

Pictures please! Especially if someone could give an install photo where the metal trimming is required??

Thanks in advance

2. Aug 8, 2012 at 6:31 AM
    whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Christian
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Vehicle:
    10 MGM TRD OR 4wd Auto DCSB
    Banks Monster Exhaust, Pop n Lock tailgate lock, Hook-Ups tie down brackets, USA Spec Ipod adaptor, WO seat covers, color matched grill with Grillcraft insert, Tuffy locking bed box
    This intake give the most gains out of all.. Sound is pretty much the same as any other intake but there is less of it in the cab. You will need the MAF CAL to run it. I have heard that mesh grills with mess with the reading so if you have one you will need the hydroshield. Rain is not an issue with that sheild on. If you so watwr crossings, it isn't for you.

Sound can be heard here when the truck is coming at the camera:

http://youtu.be/syftuWjG2hw

Pics:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/performance-tuning/213899-urd-tcai-2012-tacoma.html

^^^^Yes that is a 2012 but the only difference is thw smog pump.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/product-reviews/202528-urd-tcai.html?highlight=urd

^^^^^The search function works great.:D Good luck!

3. Aug 8, 2012 at 11:34 AM
    whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Christian
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Vehicle:
    10 MGM TRD OR 4wd Auto DCSB
    Banks Monster Exhaust, Pop n Lock tailgate lock, Hook-Ups tie down brackets, USA Spec Ipod adaptor, WO seat covers, color matched grill with Grillcraft insert, Tuffy locking bed box
    Hmmm. I thought the MAF CAL was needed. Thanks for clearing things up:broccoli:

4. Aug 8, 2012 at 10:37 PM
    santas212

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Georgetown, CT
    Vehicle:
    -2 spare Electrical fuse blocks hard wired to the battery with a key on relay. -Hard Wired Radar detector over rearview mirror. -2 Dual Whelen Avenger blue LED emergency lights, one on each side of the rearview mirror. -EP911 Blue LED Light Bar & Traffic Advisor, Rear Windows. -4 corner amber strobes in stock lights. -Hardwired RF Scanner with external speaker under center console. -Huskyliner front splash guards -Fireband 2 way radio in center console. -Herculiner painted on hitch and skid plate.
    Thanks for the video, Sorry i get lazy about searching sometimes when i am surfing from the iphone with bad service :cool:

So am i understanding correctly that you need to cut and paste some wires to the MAF? is this a huge hassle?

Also, since i need my truck to run all the time regardless of what the weathers doing (volunteer firefighter/emt, dont have time to throw on a rain sock before heading out / often find myself driving in the CHT'iest of conditions.) i would probably leave the rain sock cover on there all year round. Will running with the rain cover all the time rob the air enough to make it not worth the install??

5. Aug 11, 2012 at 8:57 PM
    santas212

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Georgetown, CT
    Vehicle:
    thanks for all the great info. definitely want to do something, this seems like an awesome setup.

wolfpack, let me know if you end up putting yours for sale, if the price is right i could be interested in trying it on to see how things go with the rain sock on all the time.

Anyone else that has any rain related information while using their intake please chime in!

6. Aug 24, 2012 at 10:18 PM
    santas212

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Georgetown, CT
    Vehicle:
  7. Aug 30, 2012 at 2:24 AM
    CayucosTacoma

CayucosTacoma Just think outside the Yota

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    San Luis Obispo/Santa Barbara CA
    Vehicle:
    1998 Tacoma, 4x4 5 Speed, V6
    Specs in the Build Thread
    Well i dont personally have a URD CAI, but i've been in Brocks(Wolfpack^) and the CAI brings out a certain rasp at the higher RPM's that i LOVE.

I have the AFE stage 2 w/ pro dry s filter. According to Brock it pulls the same Air temp. As stock but is really loud at open throttle. I personally love the sound of the intake at higher RPM's but some say its to loud.

To Top