1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Urinate or You're Out!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by 619Tacoma, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Sep 2, 2010 at 12:28 PM
    08WhiteTRD

08WhiteTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Rocklin, NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2008 White 4x4 TRD Sport
    Fox Suspension 2.5 Front and 2.0 Rear, All-Pro Skids, BAMF LCA Skid, Leer 100R, Scangauge II, WeatherTech Floorliners, WeatherTech window visors, Satoshi grill with HomerTaco mesh, Sockmonkey Tailgate Decal, BHLM, Center Console lock, ImMrYo Rear-view bracket, Rally Armor mud flaps, Crawford Eco-Block, USA-Spec PA-15
    I agree with this. Yes you can beat the urine test but that is why it is random. If they did this they would have to stop you at the welfare office and test you. No notice testing is one of the most efficient ways of drug testing. If you know they can test you at any time you only have two options. Stop taking drugs or stop getting checks.

2. Sep 2, 2010 at 12:29 PM
    619Tacoma

619Tacoma [OP] Baja bound

Member:
    First Name:
    Call me Rocco
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5, Sport, 4dr
    - Billstein 5100's all around with OME 885 coil springs. - K&N Air Filter - HID Headlights & Fogs - Kenwood Stereo & Infinity Speakers - CB Radio, - Fog On Anytime mod - Anti Tailgate theft mod. More comming...
    Yeah, I used to smoke on a DAILY basis as well. But even so, I wish this "law" would be put into effect.

Someone might argue that well it's going to cost the state money because they have to pay for the urine drug analysis. Well they're giving away money to these people anyway. At least make sure that they're not wasting their money on drugs.

3. Sep 2, 2010 at 12:33 PM
    Incognito

Incognito No better friend, no worse enemy

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite AC TRD OR
    Spacer lift, bumper stickers, ejector seat, etc.
    X3

4. Sep 2, 2010 at 12:37 PM
    619Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Call me Rocco
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    - Billstein 5100's all around with OME 885 coil springs. - K&N Air Filter - HID Headlights & Fogs - Kenwood Stereo & Infinity Speakers - CB Radio, - Fog On Anytime mod - Anti Tailgate theft mod. More comming...
    And how do we pay for the urine test?

well how about deducting whatever the testing agency/company charges from the person's welfare check. Of course they're gonna bitch and moan "Hey, why am I only getting $XX amount?" ... Then the Welfare clerk should answer by saying "Bitch, this is free money! do you want it? if not, you can leave."

Maybe, Just maybe not in those words but come one!! If the Gov is giving them money (out of our pockets) then tell me how it's UNfair for the recipient of that check to have to pay out of money that is not theirs to begin with?

5. Sep 2, 2010 at 12:44 PM
    MountainEarth

MountainEarth Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD OR Access
    Leer 100XR Shell, BedRug mat - comfy sleeping, GT Covers microfiber seat covers, BFG All Terrains 265/70r16, Dashmat, Antennax 13" shorty antenna, Weathertech liners, Ultra Gauge, Avid Light Bar, PIAA 520 ATPs, one old dog
    Pot is not the problem.

6. Sep 2, 2010 at 12:46 PM
    NetMonkey

NetMonkey Well-Known Member

Member:
    Geogetown, TX
    Vehicle:
    2010, 4x4, DC, off-road, shortbed, automatic
    Toytec Ultimate Lift @ 3", Mickey Thompson MTZ's 285/75/16, Moto Metal 955b, rear 2" ALL, Marlin Crawler sliders
    there are circumstances in which you can collect unemployment if you quit your job. this includes a hostile work environment, sexual harrasment, etc... it does neeed to be well documented, however.

7. Sep 2, 2010 at 12:47 PM
    619Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Call me Rocco
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    Right... Pot is NOT the problem. I agree 1000000%

But the people that abuse Pot, or ANY other drug that are allowed to receive free money from Taxpaying citizens, now THEY are the problem.

8. Sep 2, 2010 at 12:48 PM
    Shack

Shack Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lane
    Chester, VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Bilstein 5100-Front (1.75"), Pop N' Lock Tailgate, Rear Leaf TSB MR. Marv custom box and amp rack, JL 13TW-5, Memphis Audio Amps and Door Speaker, JVC DVD DD HU, Wet Okole, Weathertech Mats, Bed Mat
    That would depend on what the definition of the problem is would it not? If there problem is people spending free money from the working taxpayers pocket on a bag of chronic then I would say it is most definitely the problem. This is not a debate on the benefits or drawbacks of "pot". Besides the OP never addressed any drug inparticular. You potheads are so paranoid.:laugh:

9. Sep 2, 2010 at 12:53 PM
    619Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Call me Rocco
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    And it's not necessarily buying drugs with welfare money directly. But I know that people will trade food stamps for drugs. Food stamps for money to buy drugs. It's very easy to use/abuse the system.

10. Sep 2, 2010 at 1:13 PM
    scottri

scottri Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Tigard Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '10 Sport DC TRD Sport PreRunner
    Cover King Seat Covers, WeatherTech Liners, PopNLock, storage bin locks, N-Fab Step bars, and G4 Elite Tonneau cover.
    All for it. I have to piss test through the contract company I work for, every gig even if the client doesn't require it.

11. Sep 2, 2010 at 1:34 PM
    Yukonsteve

Yukonsteve Member

Member:
    Yukon Territory
    Vehicle:
    95 Tacoma
    The lads on unemployment did work at one time right.
    - Isn't the Unemployment insurance for if you get laid off?
    - Those guys paid their dues?
    - It will run out on them, then they'll have to go to work again.
    - I shouldn't have to pay taxes for someone to watch TV either or play video games or anything else.
    - Where does it stop.

12. Sep 2, 2010 at 1:36 PM
    Yukonsteve

Yukonsteve Member

Member:
    Yukon Territory
    Vehicle:
    95 Tacoma
    They should also do random monitoring of IP addresses to ensure people aren't waisting tax dollars surfin the net.

13. Sep 2, 2010 at 1:41 PM
    JLee

JLee The Man! Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Benicia, CA
    Vehicle:
    02 Extra cab SAS Linked front and rear
    I lost track thousands of dollars ago.

This thread is about welfare not unemployment I'm all for unemployment but the welfare recipients fucking the system is what i have problem with.

I vote yes on the piss test for welfare just think how much tax dollars will be saved.

14. Sep 2, 2010 at 1:46 PM
    Yukonsteve

Yukonsteve Member

Member:
    Yukon Territory
    Vehicle:
    95 Tacoma
    Sorry about that.
    Then I totally agree.
    Useless bums draining the system.

15. Sep 2, 2010 at 2:03 PM
    619Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Call me Rocco
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    Actually,
    Though I do surf the net on my extra time at work, I'd agree with it.
    It would cause people to focus more on work and surf the net less.
    Most companies do not allow their employees to use company property (computer) for personal affairs. But they know it happens regardless and it doesn't seem to bother them. If it did, then they might do random monitoring of IP addresses.

It's still a little different then people using drugs and using welfare. Companies pay you to do certain tasks which must be done, if not you get fired. Welfare gives out money and citizens don't have to do anything in return. How about they take a Urine test and then they get their checks.

Welfare and Unemployment are different though. Yes an ex-employee has payed his dues. Yes, the money will eventually run out and they'll have to get a job. Playing video games and watching TV isn't Illegal.

It's just like auto insurance. You pay your dues (yearly fee) and you get into an accident. If you were drunk, if you were racing, etc (I believe- I could be wrong) the insurance company will not pay up. "BUT I PAYED MY DUES!"
    Yes, you paid your dues but you must still follow the rules.
    The same should go for welfare and Possibly even unemployment.
    In my OP I was really referring to Welfare more than unemployment. I just gave the example that people I know take advantage of even the unemployment money they receive.

16. Sep 2, 2010 at 2:27 PM
    SACTOWN

SACTOWN ???????????????????????

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle:
    '18 ZR2, 04 Rubicon, &19 lx570
    I had to take a drug test and should they!!!

17. Sep 2, 2010 at 2:35 PM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    uh oh, its packerfan approved, prepare for the lock :D

18. Sep 2, 2010 at 3:51 PM
    rme

rme Well-Known Member

Member:
    Savannah
    Vehicle:
    Green TACOMA
    XM, Panasonic Stereo, Headlights,Electric Ant,Toyota Deluxe Wheels, Rhino Lining, Cargo Rails
    Why do monitoring! Just insure all they can get to are certain job websites. They can't afford the computer and website. And by the way most people are drawing more money from welfare than taxes they ever paid. These people are accepting govt money...they lose alot of privleges when they start surfing the net and if they're smart enough to get around it then they should get a job in the computer field. About testing for pot...Let's put it this way...how many people on this forum would want to get on an airplane and fly across the country if the maintenance and flight personnel were smoking pot....hmmmm I don't think so. If you want to smoke pot fine...but you need to give up the job and do something else...maybe operate a long handled street sweeper.

Products Discussed in

To Top