1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

urine test

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by paintdiddy, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Mar 4, 2009 at 3:58 PM
    paintdiddy

paintdiddy [OP] Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    Urine Test -- This guy has a point! This was written by a construction worker in Fort McMurray . Read on . . .

I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes, and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit. In order to earn that pay check, I work on a rig site for a
    Fort McMurray construction project. At any time I am required to pass a random urine test, with which I have no problem. HOWEVER, what I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test. Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them? Understand - I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do on the other hand have a problem with helping someone sit on their ass, drink beer and smoke dope. Could you imagine how much money this country would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check? If you agree, please pass this along, or simply delete if you don't. Hope you will pass it along though, because something has to change in this country.

Construction Worker

2. Mar 4, 2009 at 4:08 PM
    PatHLC128

PatHLC128 College.

Member:
    First Name:
    Pat
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road 4x4 AC
    OME complete 3" kit, 265/75/16 Cooper STTs, Pro Comp 7089 wheels, Shrockworks sliders, UWS Low Pro Toolbox, AFE Pro-Dry S, OEM Bedmat, Ventvisors, Husky Liners, Tint, De-badged
    this sounds good on the surface and i agree with it but a problem could arise. people being denied their welfare check would be more likely to resort to crime to have an income. but in theory i agree 100%

3. Mar 4, 2009 at 4:12 PM
    paintdiddy

paintdiddy [OP] Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    yeah i thought of the crime factor.then my tax dollar will pay for them to eat in prison.

4. Mar 4, 2009 at 4:17 PM
    Snipe

Snipe Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pacific NW
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Off Road
    I have seen that one before and it's pretty good.

I too am in construction and have to take many tests which I have no problem doing so but I also feel that our law makers that say I have too should also have to

5. Mar 4, 2009 at 4:17 PM
    RelentlessFab

RelentlessFab Eric @Relentless Fab Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 AC 6mt>03 SR5 >08 Sport and 17 6MT TRD OR
    Relentless Armored! Too many others to list.
    I agree with all above posts....

6. Mar 4, 2009 at 5:40 PM
    Bolo

Bolo Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Offroad
    Billet grill, nerf bars, TSB, Bilstein 5100s, Pioneer deck, Access Literider, shorty antenna
    I agree, too bad it's an invasion of privacy and unconstitutional.

7. Mar 4, 2009 at 5:43 PM
    TacoCo

TacoCo Aspiring wrench monkey

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off-Road DC V6 Magnetic Gray
    Snugtop XV Shell, Yakima Rack, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed, Michelin AT2's, Partially Debadged, HID conversion, Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler, Rear leaf spring TSB, Foglights always on Mod, URD Short Throw Shifter, Toytec Coilovers on the way!
    So, I can't drink a beer if I lose my job? Sorry, but this dumbass chose to work on a rig, and knew that drug testing was a prerequisite of the job. I get laid off, it's not by my choice, and I'm sure as hell going to need a drink when I do!

8. Mar 4, 2009 at 6:27 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    I don't think he's referring to anyone who has been laid off, but to those on welfare and others who CHOOSE not to work. They have made their choice to live off my tax dollar and they should not receive government $$$ if they test positive for drugs.

MANY jobs require drug testing to keep a job and it's only right that these free loaders be required to do drug testing to keep their welfare $$$.

9. Mar 4, 2009 at 6:57 PM
    sooner07

sooner07 1/2 man 1/2 amazing

Member:
    First Name:
    A A Ron
    DFW, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Debadged 2008 Rugged Trail
    Toytec ultimate lift kit, light racing UCAs, ARB bumper and full skid plates underneath. Looking into redoing the suspension and maybe repainting the ol' Taco.
    I do not agree with the OP because I don't agree with random drug testing at my place of employment. I feel what I do in my free time, legal or not, is my own damn business. If I screw something up at work because of my actions outside of work, hold me fully responsible. If not, GTFO of my business.

But, since I do get drug tested... test the anyone receiving works comp and unemployment for illegal drugs.

Products Discussed in

To Top