1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

USA Continues 11 Month Record Gun Buying Streak

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by Packman73, May 6, 2011.

1. May 10, 2011 at 4:12 PM
    MountainEarth

MountainEarth Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD OR Access
    Leer 100XR Shell, BedRug mat - comfy sleeping, GT Covers microfiber seat covers, BFG All Terrains 265/70r16, Dashmat, Antennax 13" shorty antenna, Weathertech liners, Ultra Gauge, Avid Light Bar, PIAA 520 ATPs, one old dog
    Nothing wrong with that at all. But that's not what's driving this. For most people it's fear.

2. May 10, 2011 at 4:18 PM
    MountainEarth

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD OR Access
    Leer 100XR Shell, BedRug mat - comfy sleeping, GT Covers microfiber seat covers, BFG All Terrains 265/70r16, Dashmat, Antennax 13" shorty antenna, Weathertech liners, Ultra Gauge, Avid Light Bar, PIAA 520 ATPs, one old dog
    If you really want to know, I think most of this is a response to the collective PTSD that this nation suffers from post-9/11. But there also has been huge buy in into a great many toxic conspiracies as of late .. conspiracies that threaten the very fabric of this nation. "Every man for himself" will doom the UNITED States. I don't fear the government. I fear the self-fulfilling prophecy .. doesn't matter if it's actually true if it's what the people believe. And if what the people believe is doomsday, then doomsday is what we're going to get. By all means protect your family. But what we are witnessing goes far beyond simple home defense. People are arming for war.

3. May 10, 2011 at 4:21 PM
    achirdo

achirdo I Weld!

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    North DFW
    Vehicle:
    06 dodge ram 3500 5.9 cummins
    do i really even have to go there......

4. May 10, 2011 at 4:34 PM
    MountainEarth

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD OR Access
    Oh I've been TOLD to fear the government ... mostly by people who would financially benefit from a limited government. But I don't see it. Don't get me wrong ... our government is in all kinds of sorry shape. But I don't fear it ... not as much as I fear divisiveness, that is. I just personally think that the divisiveness being sown in this country is a FAR greater risk to the survival of our United States than anything any politician might do. And right now, we are supremely divided. My conservative friends hate my liberal friends. My liberal friends hate my conservative friends. And none of that hatred is benefitting the country in the least.

5. May 10, 2011 at 8:54 PM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    this
    and this.

Products Discussed in

To Top