1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

USA SPEC PA15-TOY/ iPhone 4 / 2010 TRD OR

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by whiskey101, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Jan 14, 2011 at 7:29 PM
    whiskey101

whiskey101 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Clarksville, TN
    Vehicle:
    '17 Super White 4WD TRD Off-Road
    Leer 100XQ
    I just installed a USA SPEC PA15-TOY in my 2010 TRD Off-Road. I have the single cd, standard factory head unit. It took me less than an hour to install and it works great with my iPhone 4. It controls the iPod and Pandora from the wheel. The sound is louder than the factory axillary jack with a premium cable.

I used this website:
    http://www.acceleroto.com/pa15toy/

The only difference from the site above was that I didn't have an open spot on the back of my stereo. It was easy to figure out which cable to unplug and replug into the supplied Y though. The pics on the above website were helpful. I unpluged the second cable in from the passenger side of the radio. It was a black plug and fit the open spot on the Y harness that came with the adapter.

I mounted the box on the passenger side, under the dash, just above the center hump. There is a vertical flat spot that I double-sided taped the box against. I ran the iPod connector cable to the center console and have plenty of cable to run it out of the center console and lay the phone near the gear shift. I just removed the carpet pad and ran the cable down one of the existing holes. I slide the passenger seat forward and pushed my finger under the plastic side of the center console and fished the cable down. Then just pulled it forward to where I mounted the box.

I ended up with a very clean, factory look install. I can just leave the connector cable in the center console when not in use and it's right in reach when I am using it. Hopefully this will help folks like me, looking for install ideas and compatibility with iPhone 4 and 2010 TRD OR single CD player. If anyone needs pics, let me know and I will get some.

2. Jan 14, 2011 at 7:40 PM
    bizjettech

bizjettech Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sunny Florida
    Thanks for the info and the link. It will help me out! Nice job. I'm wondering if it will be the same for my 2011 with 6 disc changer?

3. Feb 10, 2011 at 11:50 AM
    RugbyTaco

RugbyTaco Rhum.

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Sleepy Hollow
    Vehicle:
    '10 TRD Sport Magnetic Gray
    Wet Okoles, Weathertechs, AFE Pro Dry, Wicked Flow 13", URD MAF, MagLite Mount, 16x8 Procomp 8069, 265/75/16 GY Duratracs, Rear Leaf TSB,AAL, OME 9000s, 884s, S2000 stubby antenna, Leer XR100
    I did mine last night however, I can't get the text to work. My install was on a 2010 AC TRD Sport and it sounds like my install was very similar to yours. I had to unplug the one cable to plug in the harness.
    Anyone have any suggestions?

4. Feb 10, 2011 at 12:34 PM
    RugbyTaco

RugbyTaco Rhum.

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Sleepy Hollow
    Vehicle:
    '10 TRD Sport Magnetic Gray
    Wet Okoles, Weathertechs, AFE Pro Dry, Wicked Flow 13", URD MAF, MagLite Mount, 16x8 Procomp 8069, 265/75/16 GY Duratracs, Rear Leaf TSB,AAL, OME 9000s, 884s, S2000 stubby antenna, Leer XR100
    Actually i found the solution on a different thread. the dip switches needed to be 1 on 2,3,4 off. Its from the fact that there are more than one manufacturer of the stereos

5. May 13, 2011 at 10:36 AM
    SCMtaco

SCMtaco Member

Member:
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 Black 4x4 DC LB TRD Sport
    TRD Exhaust, TRD CAI, ICON Coilovers, Wheelers add-a-leaf w/ 5100s, Black Rock wheels w/ 285/70/17 Firestone Destinationa AT's, USA Spec iPod connector
    I read somewhere that the Verizon iPhone 4 won't work with the PA15, can anyone confirm this??

6. Dec 23, 2011 at 6:05 AM
    brett

brett Member

Member:
    Texas Hill Country
    Vehicle:
    11 4x4 DCLB TRD Spot
    Weathertech floor liners, Procomp 3" lift, iON 18" wheels, Nitto TG 285/60-18
    I installed the PA15 in my 08 and LOVE it. One thing I don't see mentioned much but that I think is really cool is the ability to control Pandora Radio from the steering wheel controls (advancing songs). This may sound like a no brainer, but it was news to me.

Products Discussed in

To Top