1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Using Bluetooth w/Iphone in 2010 Tacoma

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Rbohno, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Apr 25, 2010 at 9:42 AM
    Rbohno

Rbohno [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Charlotte,NC
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC TRD OffRoad
    Viper remote start alarm 2.5" Spacer in front, 1.5" spacer in rear, rear TSB performed N-Fab Nerf bars 16" x 8" Vision Warrior wheels 265/75/16 Dura Trac tires
    Are there any Bluetooth guru's that have figured out how to store names/numbers in their truck.
    I was able to get the Iphone to sync automatically but am stumped from there. I took the truck to the dealership and the guy that said he knew how to operate it didnt know anymore about the name/number storage than me.

2. Apr 25, 2010 at 9:52 AM
    c0astie31

c0astie31 TACO SUPREME

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    Long Island ny
    Vehicle:
    2011 4Runner Trail Edition
    A LOT
    i have searched for hours and found this, you can sync up but you can't transfer your phone book over, i have a pioneer avhp4100dvd and i have the same issue

3. Apr 25, 2010 at 1:06 PM
    cjimenRR

cjimenRR Be Good or Be Good At It

Member:
    North Hollywood, Ca
    Vehicle:
    12' Sport DC,LB, 4x4
    it's not an issue with the tacoma's bluetooth system but more with the iphone. Iphone does not support syncing or transferring of phonebooks via bluetooth but I do hear that the 4.0 update will fix that

4. Apr 25, 2010 at 3:07 PM
    EricT

EricT Well-Known Member

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    '09 4x4 shortbed TRD Sport
    Depends on the deck maybe? The stock/jbl upgrade deck doesn't store numbers at all. I have a kenwood dxn6960 and it syncs address book, missed calls, outgoing/incoming to my phone which alas is a winmo phone, not an iphone.

5. Apr 25, 2010 at 3:29 PM
    TacomaToday

TacomaToday Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keye
    Orange
    Vehicle:
    BSP 2010 4x4 Double Cab LB
    De-Badged, Satoshi Grill/Grillcraft insert, SnugTop lid, LS460R Retrofit Headlights by AndrewTRS. VLED 5000K LED Foglight bulbs, Blacked Depot Tail lights with VLED bulbs.
    On your steering wheel control there should be a button with a person face on the bottom right hand side of the steering wheel. That's your "Voice Command" Button. You can use that and program speed dials and phone numbers.
    Start off by pressing the "Voice Command" button and say "Set Up" out loud.
    Look in the manual there's a whole section on 3-3 about this.
    Hope that helps.

6. Apr 25, 2010 at 3:45 PM
    frankybones

frankybones Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Summerville SC
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD PRO - CEMENT
    iphone does not support

7. Apr 25, 2010 at 4:00 PM
    TacomaToday

TacomaToday Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keye
    Orange
    Vehicle:
    BSP 2010 4x4 Double Cab LB
    De-Badged, Satoshi Grill/Grillcraft insert, SnugTop lid, LS460R Retrofit Headlights by AndrewTRS. VLED 5000K LED Foglight bulbs, Blacked Depot Tail lights with VLED bulbs.
    iphone does not support sync, but you can program you address book and speed dials to your JBL headunit. I have 2010 and am using my bluetooth with iphone for voice command and as well and speed dials to the truck's programed address book.

8. Apr 25, 2010 at 4:36 PM
    lasllc

lasllc Wait. . what’s wrong here

Member:
    Southwest RedRocks
    Vehicle:
    13 SuperWhite DCSB Sport TRD
    SnugTop Super Sport, BedRug mat, Redline Tuning hood lifts, LED interior lights, 3D carpet protectors.
    Not necessairly true: My 3GS syncs and transfers my phone book to my garmin gps with no problem - but, there is no way to premenately store them/it off the phone - the phone needs to transfer it each ti
    PHP:
    me it links to the garmin.

9. Apr 25, 2010 at 8:44 PM
    EricT

EricT Well-Known Member

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    '09 4x4 shortbed TRD Sport
    The JBL head unit doesn't sync/transfer contacts at all.

10. Apr 26, 2010 at 9:10 AM
    Creemore

Creemore Well-Known Member

Member:
    Toronto
    Vehicle:
    Magnetic grey TRD Sport/leather pkg.
    The Toyota Bluetooth will support whatever the phone has built-in, including voice dialing from your contact list. iPhones don't offer voice dialing, so this Bluetooth doesn't either. The manual is clear-ish about this.

It is true that some Bluetooth systems will suck your contact data up from the iPhone. But this isn't one of them.

11. Jun 17, 2012 at 5:26 PM
    dfrugia

dfrugia Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Goose
    Roswell, NM
    Vehicle:
    2012 DC TRD OFF RD 4X4
    Running boards w/steps, Weathertechs
    Can you sync pandora with a 2010 taco? I have a friend that has one.

12. Jun 17, 2012 at 7:01 PM
    HonoluluTaco

HonoluluTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Koi
    Reston Virginia
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD 4x4 OffRoad DC/SB
    2010 TRD OffRoad DC/SB, 285/70/17 KM2's, Mickey Thompson Classic Locks, Total Chaos UCA's King 2.5 RR Coilover 3" AllPro Leaf Pack, 2.0 Fox RR, Ubolt flip kit, MBRP dual cat back, URD TCAI and MAF Calibrator, TRD Sport Hood w/ scoop, E&G Classics Custom Stainless Grill, Color matched grill and door handles WeatherTech floor mats, FormulaOne Pinacle 15%+Air blue windshield Tint, RedLine hood struts, TRD 3rd Brake light Decal, Relentless Fab Hybrid 2 piece Sliders with Kick out Relentless Fab Aluminum Front bumper, Relentless steel rear bumper, Relentless Steel IFS B.A.M.F LCA Skids, w/ Rear Diff Skid ordered In my Spare room waiting to be installed sits, Wet Okoles, Illuminated 4x4 switch mod, SockMonkey Hawaii TRD OffRoad Decal, Big box of Rammat, Speakers and Custom Sub from Mr.Marv,
    Since were on the subject I have the 2010 JBL and I've been wanting to turn down the volume on the handsfree phone it's absurdly loud. Been to lazy to look it up, anyone know how to adjust the volume?

13. Jun 17, 2012 at 7:54 PM
    Gotcha88

Gotcha88 Well-Known Member

Member:
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB PreRunner TRD Sport
    Bilstein 5100s all around, Toytec Eibach coils, Toytec 1.5" AAL, Light Racing UCAs, 285/70r17 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 17x9 Eagle 185s, 20% tint all around, Magnaflow 11256, Cobra CB with 2' Firestik, De-Badged, BHLM, UltraGauge, K&N Drop-in, OEM Bed Mat, OEM All-Weather Mats.
    Regular volume controls when on the phone.

14. Jun 17, 2012 at 7:59 PM
    dfrugia

dfrugia Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Goose
    Roswell, NM
    Vehicle:
    2012 DC TRD OFF RD 4X4
    Running boards w/steps, Weathertechs
    So are you able to play pandora via Bluetooth?

15. Jun 17, 2012 at 8:12 PM
    Leggo

Leggo slow is smooth, and smooth is fast.

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Newton,Ma.
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD Sport AC 4x4 MGM
    Kenwood HU,Infinity Kappa speakers (x4), Infinity reference tweeters(x2),10" Kicker sub, Box by Subthump, Infinty Five channel amp,DVD anytime bypass, DTRL Mod, Xtang trifecta, Fogs anytime Mod, Bed Mat,Westin running boards, Console vault, Maglite mod, Weathertechs,Autopage remote starter, Power tailgate lock, HID Bi Zenon, Hella Supertones,Rain guards,Rear leaf TSB,Steering shaft TSB, Fisher Homesteader plow, 886 reverse lights mod, Redline Hood struts, Hankook Dynapro ATM LT265/70R17, power sliding rear window, Auto dimming/on anytime Bed lights, Blue Sea fuse panel & 100amp Breaker, de- badged,Rear headrest's removed, imMrYo mirror relocation,Homeroshi grill
    If you have a BT, and not the DVD model pioneer, it will store all your conacts and you will be able to access as soon as you connect via BlueTooth.

16. Jun 17, 2012 at 11:15 PM
    jprovence

jprovence Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joshua
    Albany
    Vehicle:
    11' Tacoma TRD
    Stock
    The Toyota bluetooth is more a handsfree headset like a Jawbone then a fancy in-car setup. When want to voice dial with your iphone while connected to your bluetooth, PRESS AND HOLD THE HOME BUTTON on the iphone till VOICE COMMAND pops up. All audio will be routed through the car. So you can speak to your phone though the bluetooth in the car. EX "Call Katie" the phone will ask Mobile or Home, etc. SPEAK the type and the phone will dial. The toyota part just handles the audio from the bluetooth. No data. This works on all iphones. Well I don't know about newer iphones. It worked on my 3GS when I wanted to place a call.

17. Jun 18, 2012 at 3:48 PM
    Schwinn

Schwinn Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamie
    Georgina, ON
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport with Trail Teams package
    I was looking for an answer to the phone book issue with my Android (Samsung Galaxy S), and found this-
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/audio-video/197353-syncing-iphone4s-phonebook-bluetooth.html

I can sync one entry at a time, but I can't get it to do all of them. I've got a couple entered, but I need to block out an hour or so I guess to do all of them. I usually just do the dial by number, but once in a while I need to call someone who's number I don't know. I wind up hitting the entry in the contacts on the phone, and then the bluetooth picks it up when it connects.

Products Discussed in

To Top