1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

USMC Corporal's Course

Discussion in 'Military' started by YayAreaTaco0311, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Apr 3, 2012 at 11:47 AM
    YayAreaTaco0311

YayAreaTaco0311 [OP] Motivator

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD 4x4 O/R Supercharged
    OEM TRD supercharger, OEM wheels painted black by me, yellow sidemarkers, arb bumper, LED interiors, roll-n-lock, 5% rear windows, mudflaps removed, protector alarm, mobile trace, blacked out front Toyota emblem, debadged, & tree air freshener.
    So this morning, I got an early reville call from my unit. I've been voluntold to attend Corporal's Course next month. What can I expect there? They aren't telling me squat. All I have in mind is to get my service uniforms ready.

Semper fi.

2. Apr 3, 2012 at 8:05 PM
    Fred1524

Fred1524 Love me some tacos!!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Fred
    Temecula
    Vehicle:
    08 Silver 4X4 Rugged Trail
    Blacked Out badges,blacked out tail lights, 7% Tint(all around) Wet okole seat covers, A/W TRD floor mats, 10K HID Headlights, 6K HID Foglights, DTRL MOD, LED cluster swap...
    Sup Devil? I never went but I have heard from others that the instructors are very picky. Keep PFT score up, know how to drill/march (cadence), uniform rules & regs, and hygiene to perfection. Other than that you should expect the normal uptightness of the course. But that comes with the territory of being a bunch of badass mofos. :D Rah

3. Apr 3, 2012 at 8:10 PM
    Seandaman

Seandaman Active Member

Member:
    Cincy, OH
    Vehicle:
    08 4wd dc, Off Road pkg
    Banks exhaust, volant cai with ram air, BF All Terrains
    It's a good course and will prepare you for promotion. Keep a positive attitude, study and it will be over before you know it. Never turn down the opportunity to attend a resident course, it's key to success in our Corps.

4. Apr 8, 2012 at 2:26 PM
    11SuperwhiteTRD

11SuperwhiteTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    Beaverton, OR
    Vehicle:
    11 Super White TRD Off Road w JBL
    AFE cai, MBRP cat back, TonnoPro hard folding cover, Weather Tech's
    they are always changing the courses...but expect drill, uniform inspections and probly a couple of written papers, at least 1 pft... and since cft season is coming maybe a cft in there as well. i was suposed to do that course at pendelton years ago but got injured in a dirtbike accident the day before(i strongly suggest against this) and never went. i did do sgts course last year and as long as you are in standards then it should be no big deal. good luck

5. Apr 19, 2012 at 5:41 PM
    selrod

selrod Active Member

Member:
    Gilbert AZ
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's w OME 885x's, Headstrong 3 AAL, 16x8 -25 offset FN 5s
    OP is probably already there, but its a good course. I was an instructor in Yuma before I became a hat, and the way it was run was more or less like a shorter version of Sgt's Course. Definitely worth doing if given the opportunity.

6. Apr 19, 2012 at 7:06 PM
    YayAreaTaco0311

YayAreaTaco0311 [OP] Motivator

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD 4x4 O/R Supercharged
    OEM TRD supercharger, OEM wheels painted black by me, yellow sidemarkers, arb bumper, LED interiors, roll-n-lock, 5% rear windows, mudflaps removed, protector alarm, mobile trace, blacked out front Toyota emblem, debadged, & tree air freshener.
    Still here! Suppose to muster at the drill center on May 05, and then they will fly my ass to MCLB Albany, Georgia. My chain of command still isn't telling me squat. All I'm doing right now is preparing my uniforms, which gets pretty costly. Haha.

I'm also trying to knock out the 2 MCIs that are opened so I can order the 8000 series.

7. Apr 19, 2012 at 7:10 PM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    seems to be a silly question...but is this course so that you can be promoted to Cpl or because you got promoted?

8. Apr 20, 2012 at 4:39 PM
    danjones

danjones Well-Known Member

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    11 taco
    HAHAHA get ready to learn how to be a pog! dude corprals course is gay. youll probably run a pft and pt most mornings. youll learn gay shit like drill and sword manual and have to do a million uniform inspections. youll also have to drill a platoon from a card and do shit like learn to do a log book properly.

Products Discussed in

To Top