1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Usmcsantosj 2013 TRD Prerunner-First Build

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by Usmcsantosj, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Mar 25, 2013 at 10:11 PM
    Usmcsantosj

Usmcsantosj [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jovani
    Orlando, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Sport
    By order: Tinted windows, WeatherTech liners added, NFab's, bar caddy center console, plasti-dipped emblems and rims.
    Thanks bro...If I could marry a color, THIS would be it :cool::D

2. Mar 25, 2013 at 10:16 PM
    PcBuilder14

PcBuilder14 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    Southern New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD Off Road 4x4
    Looking great! :thumbsup:

How hard was it to plastidip your emblems? I want to do mine but I'm not sure how to remove it without taking it off the emblems as well...

3. Mar 25, 2013 at 10:36 PM
    1stgenpre

1stgenpre Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kathy
    Foothills of NC
    Vehicle:
    2011 Double Cab Sport Speedway Blue
    Tint, shorty antenna, custom bedside decals, Weather Tech mats, undercover bed cover, Wet Okole seat covers, TRD shift knob, 3 inch lift, Level 8 MK 6 wheels in matte black, BFG A/Ts 285/70/17, LED bed lights by tacodane, nfab steps, salex organizer, bed extender, pioneer head unit, satoshi grill, tacoma trucks sunshade, more to come...
    I just did the emblems and entire back bumper on our new single cab the other weekend. I was very nervous but went for it. it turned out awesome for me.

just tape off the area around the enblem about an inch around all sides like the above pic. Start spraying light coats, I waited about 10 minutes between coats and began very light...at first it just seems like the emblem is spattered with the plasti dip but thats how you want the first coat. I did about 4-5 coats on mine. I was sure to let it dry thoroughly before I started peeling. At least 45 minutes I think I waited. Once I started peeling. the plasti dip naturally tore itself away from the base of the emblem leaving nothing but the emblem covered. Pretty cool stuff. I was just extra careful when the peeling got close to the letters in case it tried to peel off them too, but I've heard as long as you put plenty of coats on you won't have a problem.

Sorry to butt in on the thread OP, your truck looks great btw! Love the MGM...my close second choice behind the SWB.

4. Mar 25, 2013 at 11:00 PM
    Usmcsantosj

Usmcsantosj [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jovani
    Orlando, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Sport
    By order: Tinted windows, WeatherTech liners added, NFab's, bar caddy center console, plasti-dipped emblems and rims.
    Thanks, and very easy.

Check this guy out...He has a lot of info and the 'How-To's' of plasti dipping

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otCtkVePX_0

5. Mar 26, 2013 at 7:50 AM
    CanisLupus

CanisLupus Member since 2011

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Stokesdale | NC
    Vehicle:
    ‘19 Honda Civic Hatchback
    How do you like your Trail Grapplers Jovani? I've heard they're pretty loud, but I'm not sure if you've ever run any other M/T tires to compare them to.

Matt

6. Nov 11, 2014 at 4:26 PM
    TXAggieTRD

TXAggieTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    TX
    Vehicle:
    '11 Pre-Runner V6 TX TRD Package
    Hey man I saw you had some auxiliary reverse led bars. Where'd you get them from and how'd you install? Just splice into the reverse tail light wire? Sweet truck tho

Products Discussed in

To Top