1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

USPS will lose anything, even a handgun.

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by 0uTkAsT, May 4, 2012.

1. May 4, 2012 at 11:32 AM
    0uTkAsT

0uTkAsT [OP] Gun Toting Gearhead

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Chandler, AZ
    Vehicle:
    '06 5-Speed 4X4 Base
    Avid custom front & rear bumpers, Avid sliders & skid plates, Avid light bar, six 6.5" 100W off road lights, Eibach coils, Bilstein 5100s front & rear, Deaver AAL, MB 72B 16x8.5" wheels, 33" Hankook Dynapro AT-Ms, aFe dry filter, intake baffle & charcoal filter deleted, MagnaPack 18" muffler & exhaust bend delete, bedside & tailgate vinyls, carpeted bed, 25% tint, painted grille, mudflap delete, Supertop camper, black headlights & tail lights, breather mod, smoked 3rd brake light, recovery gear, mounted shovel, axe, extinguisher, Hi-Lift in Quickfist clamps / XRAC, sway bar delete, debadged tailgate, custom gun rack, bullet antenna, Kenwood double DIN nav, Scosche dash, JBL door speakers, aluminum pedals & shift knob
    Yes, you read that correctly, the damned Post Office in PA apparently "cannot locate" a package dropped off by an FFL which contained a Sig P238 I bought on AuctionArms last week.

The gun should have been delivered on Wednesday but never showed up. When I tried to track the package using the label number they gave me, it never showed any movement and looked like a label had been printed but was never scanned by the PO. I called the out of state FFL to kick their ass in to gear thinking they had simply not shipped it yet... Well turns out they had shipped it and didn't know what was going on, so they called USPS to find out. USPS supposedly replied, that "they could not ship the package because it was a UPS box with a USPS label on it". I don't know what the hell difference that makes but ok, whatever. That was Wednesday.

Two more days go by and I still have not heard anything, so I email the FFL, who again calls USPS, who says "the status of the package is unknown, we are currently attempting to locate the package. Once it is recovered, it will be returned to sender". Sweet baby Jesus. What kind of retard looses a package containing a firearm? Ok, again, whatever, there's nothing I can do but wait, but I decide to politely ask the FFL if they'd mind overnighting the package as soon as they get it back for the inconvenience, considering they've had my money for a week and I have nothing to show for it. Their response was, and I quote,

"Sir,
    The UPS messed it up, we had the correct address on it. Sorry,
    SSC"

Meaning fuck you, we're going to continue to ship it the same shitty way we were before regardless of how politely you ask. Well, I sorta get it, considering it's not (entirely) their fault (although they are the ones who apparently packaged it incorrectly), but regardless of who's to blame, you'd think you'd try your best to make it right with your customer, but not these guys (Sportsmans Supply Company out of Butler, PA for whatever it's worth).

Anyways, I'm just venting because (on top of just not knowing where the hell my $500 went) I was hoping to get this thing and run a couple hundred rounds through it to break it in for my girlfriend to carry and shoot with on a trip we're taking this weekend, but clearly that isn't going to happen now [​IMG]

2. May 4, 2012 at 11:47 AM
    Kyouto42

Kyouto42 Iron Beard

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BSP '10 4x4 TRD Off-Road DC
    See build thread in signature
    That sucks man, and you'd think they'd be even more concerned with losing it due to the contents...

3. May 4, 2012 at 11:49 AM
    Moose1988

Moose1988 ____livevil____

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Chandler, AZ
    Vehicle:
    THE BOOSTED STORMTROOPER
    Check Build >>>>
    Sucks dude :/ good choice on the p238 tho! :thumbsup:

4. May 4, 2012 at 11:51 AM
    0uTkAsT

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Chandler, AZ
    Vehicle:
    '06 5-Speed 4X4 Base
    Avid custom front & rear bumpers, Avid sliders & skid plates, Avid light bar, six 6.5" 100W off road lights, Eibach coils, Bilstein 5100s front & rear, Deaver AAL, MB 72B 16x8.5" wheels, 33" Hankook Dynapro AT-Ms, aFe dry filter, intake baffle & charcoal filter deleted, MagnaPack 18" muffler & exhaust bend delete, bedside & tailgate vinyls, carpeted bed, 25% tint, painted grille, mudflap delete, Supertop camper, black headlights & tail lights, breather mod, smoked 3rd brake light, recovery gear, mounted shovel, axe, extinguisher, Hi-Lift in Quickfist clamps / XRAC, sway bar delete, debadged tailgate, custom gun rack, bullet antenna, Kenwood double DIN nav, Scosche dash, JBL door speakers, aluminum pedals & shift knob
    Thanks man. I was hoping to have it for our trip this weekend!
    You would think, lol.

5. May 4, 2012 at 11:54 AM
    Hiatt1991

Hiatt1991 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Hiatt
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma Prerunner SR5 TRD offroad
    4" Bodylift 12" Offroad shock spacers Turbo Encabulator
    That sounds like ups mistake not the ffl. Do you have insurance on it?

6. May 4, 2012 at 11:56 AM
    Aw9d

Aw9d That one guy

Member:
  7. May 4, 2012 at 11:58 AM
    luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Kaplan, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners.
    Wow. USPS for misplacing it, FFL or Sportsman Supply Co. for not shipping it correctly in the first place. When I do not receive an item I have purchased then I should be refunded.

^I honestly think I have recieved packages from him!

8. May 4, 2012 at 12:53 PM
    0uTkAsT

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Chandler, AZ
    Vehicle:
    '06 5-Speed 4X4 Base
    I think we all have. USPS even left a package containing Christmas presents under the back bumper of my truck parked in a driveway one year instead of taking it 15 extra feet to the front porch. Luckily I have this OCD compulsion to walk around my truck once before I get in and drive away otherwise I would've run the shit over :confused:

9. May 4, 2012 at 1:01 PM
    luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Kaplan, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners.
  10. May 4, 2012 at 5:46 PM
    Kyouto42

Kyouto42 Iron Beard

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BSP '10 4x4 TRD Off-Road DC
    See build thread in signature
    Dude i'd have ran that shit over for sure, I never walk around my truck lol.

At least they didn't lob your $900 rear bumper over the back wall of your fence (fortunately missing the two dogs). Not USPS but UPS... bastards.

11. May 4, 2012 at 5:49 PM
    whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Christian
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Vehicle:
    10 MGM TRD OR 4wd Auto DCSB
    Banks Monster Exhaust, Pop n Lock tailgate lock, Hook-Ups tie down brackets, USA Spec Ipod adaptor, WO seat covers, color matched grill with Grillcraft insert, Tuffy locking bed box
    Not USPS but some people I used to know worked at UPS and they used to steal all the time. Yeah they got fired. Damn losers.

12. May 4, 2012 at 7:21 PM
    WhatThePho?

WhatThePho? Greg Graffin 2016

Member:
    First Name:
    Andre
    HCMC, VN
    Vehicle:
    2006 STi
    The things required to pull bitches
    When I did te Tacoma world tshirts USPS lost approximately 21-24 of my packages...
    I usually use ups from now. Unless I'm broke and the flat rate box is the best deal to ship.

13. May 4, 2012 at 7:47 PM
    0uTkAsT

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Chandler, AZ
    Vehicle:
    '06 5-Speed 4X4 Base
    Well I got an email from the FFL, the Post Office returned the package containing my pistol to them today. That's the good news - at least know where it is.

However, rather than re-packaging it and getting it sent back out same-day, the stupid fuckers told me "the mail man was in and out in a hurry [no shit, really?] so your package will be picked up for re-shipment tomorrow". Seriously? No apologies? No offer to overnight it? No offer to refund the shipping cost? Nothing? They couldn't even go out of their way to drop it off at the PO this afternoon in time for it to be accepted today for mailing tomorrow? My time and money means absolutely nothing to these idiots apparently. This is by far the worst FFL I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with.

14. May 13, 2012 at 8:33 AM
    28Gauge

28Gauge Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Grapevine, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5
    Sockmonkey Graphics, K&N Drop In Air Filter, 265/75/16 Bridgestone Dueler A/T's, Weathertech Digital Fit Floor Mats, Dee Zee Bed Mat, Map Light/Dome Light LED's, Flo-Pro Muffler w/Stainless Steel Tip, Dome Light/Map Light Mod, Mobil 1 Synthetic Motor Oil, LED Cupholder Mod, Grillcraft with TOYOTA emblem, Vision 375 Warrior Wheels, Extra Bed D Ring Mod, TRD Skidplate, Bilstein 5100's on all four corners, Front 5100's set at zero with Eibach springs, Toytec 1.5" rear TSB add-a-leaf springs, Toytec swaybar relocate kit, Katzkin Leather Seating, Front Window Tint
    Damn! That is depressing. No wonder the USPS is losing their ass. They seem to lose everything else!

15. May 13, 2012 at 8:47 AM
    wildjerseyfirefighter

wildjerseyfirefighter I sell fishing and fishing accessories

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD Sport
    stock, for now
    Ive had shit lost by the usps..i never ship with them anymore..glad to hear they at least know where your weapon is

16. May 13, 2012 at 8:53 AM
    t4daddy

t4daddy Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2008 PreRunner Double Cab
    This was my first thought, some fucker stole it, then fixed the shipping to hide. Don't think it don't happen.

17. May 13, 2012 at 9:21 AM
    28Gauge

28Gauge Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Grapevine, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5
    Sockmonkey Graphics, K&N Drop In Air Filter, 265/75/16 Bridgestone Dueler A/T's, Weathertech Digital Fit Floor Mats, Dee Zee Bed Mat, Map Light/Dome Light LED's, Flo-Pro Muffler w/Stainless Steel Tip, Dome Light/Map Light Mod, Mobil 1 Synthetic Motor Oil, LED Cupholder Mod, Grillcraft with TOYOTA emblem, Vision 375 Warrior Wheels, Extra Bed D Ring Mod, TRD Skidplate, Bilstein 5100's on all four corners, Front 5100's set at zero with Eibach springs, Toytec 1.5" rear TSB add-a-leaf springs, Toytec swaybar relocate kit, Katzkin Leather Seating, Front Window Tint
    As a 22 year employee of FedEx, I agree that things do get lost or stolen. The bad thing about the thieves is that 9 times out of 10, they only thing that happens to them is that they get fired. They are rarely prosecuted.

18. May 13, 2012 at 9:29 AM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.
    Better Business Bureau, maybe that'll make them reconsider their stance on customer service.

19. May 13, 2012 at 9:36 AM
    tvbd56

tvbd56 Epic Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Sacramento, Ca
    Vehicle:
    05 AC Prerunner 6-speed
    k&n air filter, weathertech digital fit, TRD 6-speed gray knob, undercover bed cover, flowmaster american thunder dual exhaust, URD short shifter, 5100's set at .85, Grillcraft, black surround grille(with SJ stripe)
    You'd think there would be a pretty high security on items shipped throughout the country so they don't get lost or stolen, especially on weapons, rather than some twerp low-life that works for USPS stealing other people's rightful property, that still lives in his mothers basement and yells for his mom to get him another Dr. Pepper.

20. May 13, 2012 at 10:24 AM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.
    What's wrong with that? :anonymous:

:p