1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Utah American Fork Camping/Trail Run

Discussion in 'South West' started by Manlaan, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Sep 21, 2011 at 11:33 PM
    Manlaan

Manlaan [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Riverton, Utah
    Vehicle:
    2002 XtraCab SR5 V6 4x4 Black
    See Signature
    Went out to Forest Lake tonight and the night air was about perfect for camping. Sky was full of stars, etc. Its too bad I have to work tomorrow or I would've just stayed overnight.

Anyway, thinking about camping overnight in AF Canyon on the weekend of the 1st-2nd (Saturday night). On Sunday, I'm planning to hit up Miller Hill since we'll be camping close to the entrance and its a trail that I've never been on.

This is an open invitation to everyone if you'd like to come. I know its short notice and all, but if you cant, thats ok as well. Also, if you'd like to show up for just Sunday, you'll have to meet up with us before 10.

Just planning on camping at the same spot we did last time. The entrance to Pittsburgh Lake through the stream.

I'm not expecting Miller Hill to be a tough trail, but more along the lines of something so I can say I've done it. If we have time/desire after, Forest Lake is always a fun trail as well.

Anyway, let me know if you want to come and we'll go from there.

2. Sep 22, 2011 at 8:28 AM
    JasoTaco

JasoTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    ToyTec Ultimate 3" Lift -TSB Rear springs - TRD Cold Air Intake - TRD Skid Plate - Total Chaos Upper Control Arms - 2 Hella Rallye 4000 lights (130W Bulbs) - Clear Bra - Under Coat - Bed extener - Toyota Bed Mat - Weathertech floor mats - Tailgate hose clamp & washer mod - PIAA Fog Lights - ScanGauge II - Beefed Sliders - Differential Breather Mod - Heated Seats - All-Pro Bumper - Warn M8000 Winch with wireless controls - Boztec Diff Skid - ATO skids
    I love a good camp out :)

I'll get back to you.

I was disappointed that I missed the recovery training course on Saturday. Did you make it out?

3. Sep 22, 2011 at 8:39 AM
    SubFrozen

SubFrozen r00t

Member:
    First Name:
    William
    Sandy, UT
    Vehicle:
    2007 Taco SR5 V6
    3" OME Heavy Duty Lift, 18" Chrome Rimes, ARB Front Bumper, K&N Cold Air Intake
    I'm down to go.

4. Sep 22, 2011 at 11:01 AM
    Manlaan

Manlaan [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Riverton, Utah
    Vehicle:
    2002 XtraCab SR5 V6 4x4 Black
    See Signature
    Ya. I made it out. It was really geared more for the true newbie, so being the type of person I am, I already pretty much knew everything that was covered, but I think everyone else learned a lot and I'm sure everyone had a great time.

I do think I want to do more expedition type runs though. I'm thinking the first one will be something like Transcontinental Railroad or Pony Express and spend the night somewhere at the half way point. Transcontinental would end up being a lot longer, as I'd want to hit up the Spiral Jetty, Sun Tunnels, and the Donner Pass on the way back to Wendover as well.

5. Sep 30, 2011 at 8:33 AM
    JasoTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    ToyTec Ultimate 3" Lift -TSB Rear springs - TRD Cold Air Intake - TRD Skid Plate - Total Chaos Upper Control Arms - 2 Hella Rallye 4000 lights (130W Bulbs) - Clear Bra - Under Coat - Bed extener - Toyota Bed Mat - Weathertech floor mats - Tailgate hose clamp & washer mod - PIAA Fog Lights - ScanGauge II - Beefed Sliders - Differential Breather Mod - Heated Seats - All-Pro Bumper - Warn M8000 Winch with wireless controls - Boztec Diff Skid - ATO skids
    Greg, unfortunately I won't be able to make it this weekend I'm taking my wife to the airport Sunday morning, she is going to Toronto for a week.

If you are out Z's way anytime we should go out to dinner I know a good Mexican restaurant out our way.

Will, I hope you can still make it out. I wish I could see that ARB on your truck, from the picture it looks awesome.

6. Oct 6, 2011 at 3:19 PM
    SubFrozen

SubFrozen r00t

Member:
    First Name:
    William
    Sandy, UT
    Vehicle:
    2007 Taco SR5 V6
    3" OME Heavy Duty Lift, 18" Chrome Rimes, ARB Front Bumper, K&N Cold Air Intake
    Didn't make it out, other items came up. I'm going to order a set of Discoverer STT's, then we should go do some snow mountain climbing.

7. Oct 6, 2011 at 5:25 PM
    JasoTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    Sounds good to me. We need to throw a winch in that bumper of yours. :)

Let me know if you need any help.

Products Discussed in

To Top