1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Vacuum oil removal ???

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by Executive, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Apr 8, 2012 at 10:49 AM
    Executive

Executive [OP] Conservative

Member:
    Peabody, Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB TRD Sport
    I have this vacuum oil evacuator that I use when I change to oil on my boat. You pump it to create a vacuum and it sucks the oil out through the dipstick. This is necessary on the boat since you can't get at the oil pan drain plug. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone here uses this method to take out old oil. It is fairly easy and seems a lot neater and cleaner than taking out the plug. I am getting set up for my first oil change on the 2012 DCLB. I am doing it myself because I want to use Mobil 1 and am not impressed with the service department of my selling dealer. Any thoughts?

Regards,
    Chris

2. Apr 8, 2012 at 10:55 AM
    TrdSurgie

TrdSurgie revised

Member:
    Oahu
    Seems like a hassle. Also you wont clear the gunk collecting in the pan. Do it the normal way. The dealer would be better then sucking it out.

3. Apr 8, 2012 at 12:18 PM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    +1

If you want to go cleaner and neater, just replace the drain plug with a Fumoto oil drain valve. Get the kind that does not have a hose nipple and it will not hang below the crossmember.
    I've run the Fumoto or the Fram Sure-Drain on all of my vehicles since 2002 and they're really nice.

The biggest mess on the Taco is changing the oil filter on the 2.7. The V6 is much more elegant.

Products Discussed in

To Top