1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Valley Hitch Questions

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by w/chunter, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Aug 1, 2011 at 8:50 AM
    w/chunter

w/chunter [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Harrogate, TN
    Vehicle:
    04 SR5 TRD 4x4
    I purchased a Valley Hitch from a local junk yard today. It came off of a 02 Tacoma and has the model #8159081 listed on the back. Unlike the pics I've seen of the Valley Hitches, this one is square shaped, rather than a tubular design. It also came with a Hoppy Taillight converter, but unfortunately the guys cut the wires from the converter to the truck. There's enough wires to connect to the truck's plug, if I wanted to cut & splice. :( I did not get the angle spacer brackets that attaches to the frame as per the Valley Hitch instructions for installation. Now for my questions: Is this just an older model of the Valley Hitch, 81590, which is made for the 95-04 Tacomas? Can I just mount it to the side frame attachment points, without the spacer, or do I need to fabricate these? Thanks. The pics are from my cell phone.

I didn't think $85 was a bad price to pay.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Aug 1, 2011 at 12:59 PM
    jbrandt

jbrandt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle:
    '04 TRD Tacoma 4x4
    K&N intake
  3. Aug 1, 2011 at 1:21 PM
    Valley PM

Valley PM New Member

Member:
    All 81590's will fit the 95-04 Tacomas regardless of the center section that can be square or round tube. A few notes regarding your post. You can make your own spacers for use between the bumper bracket and the bumper. They need to be as wide as the hitch bracket. The hitch bracket goes between the frame and the bumper bracket so those spacers fill the gap. As the manufacturer, we test all of our products. The angle brackets are needed to support the open channel frame at the rear and we never recommend reusing hardware especially if you don't know the history of the hitch. Bracket part numbers are 332009 and two are required. If you want to order hardware that part number is 257404. Valley customer service contact info is 800-344-3112 (eastern)

4. Aug 1, 2011 at 1:51 PM
    w/chunter

Member:
    Harrogate, TN
    Vehicle:
    04 SR5 TRD 4x4
    Thanks Valley PM, but I'm unable to order directly from the Valley since I dont have an account and unfortunately the suppliers I've spoken with like Amazon says I have to order the entire hardware kit to get the angle brackets.

5. Aug 1, 2011 at 1:54 PM
    w/chunter

Member:
    Harrogate, TN
    Vehicle:
    04 SR5 TRD 4x4
    Thanks jbrandt for the wiring diagram. My taco has the 4 prong wiring harness, but I noticed Sat when I purchased a new trailer that my brake lights were not working, but everything else was. Guess I will need to do some detective work.

To Top