1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Vegan/Animal Rights Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Sequoia1321, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Jul 1, 2019 at 5:23 PM
    RangerComa

RangerComa High Speed Dirt Limo Adventure Rig

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    17 DCLB Sport
    list is growing fast
    no. but you can buy quart size tubs at costco for like 12 bucks. if you see it in the store i would highly recommend trying it.

tacom08 likes this.
  2. Jul 8, 2019 at 12:19 AM
    erok81

erok81 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma w/Superior Auto
    I’m curious here what you mean by “lift weights normally”. Are you implying someone that doesn’t eat mean isn’t as strong as you?

I’m pretty behind and have yet to uncover a lot of the gems posted here so far. I can tell there are a lot already.

wilcam47 likes this.
  3. Jul 8, 2019 at 4:58 AM
    stun gun

stun gun Suffer Crew

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Goondocks, TW
    Vehicle:
    Tacomas.
    17 4X4 sr5spd/01 LT sr5spd
    Oh, well then keep reading. That sentence was meant to illustrate that I’m not a vegan and have a pretty basic diet, and even as a carnivore, I don’t think it’s wise to listen to diet or political advice from a washed up redneck rocker.

That said, I’ll now clearly state that I would straight up fucking vaporize a vegan at anything physical. Prove me wrong.

wilcam47, TeecoTaco and Pilsner like this.
  4. Jul 8, 2019 at 8:19 AM
    BillyToy

BillyToy Well-Known Member

Member:
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma TRD Pro 6MT
    Now here's the problem. You seem like a reasonable fellow in some ways, but this is just asinine. Are you going to force veganism on lions, tigers, and alligators as well?

The problem I have with the PETA/animal rights activists I've encountered is that they seem to be much more into being right, sniffing the lovely aroma of their own farts, and trying to force their bullshit down others throats than they are truly into animals rights. I put them in the camp with proselytizing Christians. Believe what you want, but leave me out of it.

I DO appreciate your tone OP. You seem less smug in some way then some of these assholes and I've learned some things from you.

Your movement, overall, may be doomed though (based on the staggering number of self righteous pricks associated with it). But then again, Christianity has done quite well.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
    stun gun likes this.
  5. Jul 8, 2019 at 9:10 AM
    rtkbowhunter

rtkbowhunter Well-Known Member

Member:
    Southeast PA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma Quad Cab SR5
    How is:

"I for one believe that the vegan lifestyle should be forced on others,..." less smug than others? I mean really, do you see carnivores forcing their life CHOICE down the throats of others via legislation?

wilcam47, Bus007G, Pilsner and 2 others like this.
  6. Jul 8, 2019 at 9:19 AM
    stun gun

stun gun Suffer Crew

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Goondocks, TW
    Vehicle:
    Tacomas.
    Yeah that was a pretty absurd thing to say. At that point, OP lost whatever credibility I gave them. I’ve since placed them in the moonbat file.

RangerComa, wilcam47 and tacotroy17 like this.
  7. Jul 8, 2019 at 10:26 AM
    erok81

erok81 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    I highly doubt that. There are quite a few professional athletes that are vegan these days. What are your three big lifts (squat, bench, dead)? However between this thread and the other I’m starting to think you are just trolling now.

Back to the point of this thread, I don’t necessarily agree with OP’s viewpoint people should be forced to be vegan. That’s a little extreme.

I’m fine with people eating meat, the only thing bothers me is when people make a joke out of it and laugh about how funny it is to eat meat/who cares about the animals. Torture away they were out here for mankind anyway. If more people understood what goes into that meat/dairy product they eat, there might eventually be changes to animal welfare when they are queuing up for slaughter etc.

8. Jul 8, 2019 at 11:10 AM
    stun gun

stun gun Suffer Crew

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Goondocks, TW
    Vehicle:
    Tacomas.
    Cruelty isn’t funny. But you can’t expect everyone to take super srs internet vegan activists and sjws seriously when they go off the deep end. OP started off great, and I even supported him, which is why I find it strange THAT IN A SEA of ridiculous anti vegan rhetoric you quoted ME, and I kinda backing vegans in that post.

#VEGANVAPORIZER

9. Jul 8, 2019 at 11:19 AM
    erok81

erok81 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    :notsure:

Yours was the first one I came across. I think because the lifting weights one is always funny. You don’t need to eat meat to be strong. Sure it’s easier, but not required. That’s probably why. If you recall my first post I said I hadn’t anything past yours.

No need to post in red font. I can read black as well.

#VEGANVAPORIZERVAPORIZER :cheers:

Falldownhard and stun gun like this.
  10. Jul 8, 2019 at 11:20 AM
    stun gun

stun gun Suffer Crew

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Goondocks, TW
    Vehicle:
    Tacomas.
    Also I’d like to point out that all of the professional vegan athletes didn’t start off vegan. They got big and strong the efficient/old fashioned way. Then jumped on the savior of the animals bandwagon.

StayinStock likes this.
  11. Jul 8, 2019 at 11:21 AM
    stun gun

stun gun Suffer Crew

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Goondocks, TW
    Vehicle:
    Tacomas.
    I tried the red font to split up and respond to your post, but then I fucked it up. Only 1/3 shows red in my post, and in the quotes 2/3 show but you have to expand it.

12. Jul 8, 2019 at 11:31 AM
    erok81

erok81 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    Ha. Good thing you said. I didn’t see the red inside the quote. I thought you just randomly posted in red.

I’m not sure what you don’t agree with me on so you are trolling me? I’m not vegan so I can’t comment on getting strong by starting out vegan. I’ve been vegetarian most of my life and vegan off and on, I’m stronger than the average person IMO.

But yeah I will agree that most pro athletes got where they are prior to becoming vegan. Not all, but most.

stun gun likes this.
  13. Jul 8, 2019 at 12:17 PM
    tacotroy17

tacotroy17 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dustin
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCSB TRD-OR
    To add to the point that the athletes started out as meat eaters.... That is a big part of it, but the athletes in question also have to maintain their progress or in most cases I bet they are training to perform better. I think that what they were doing at the beginning is moot if they are able to continue to perfrom/progress on the current diet.

14. Jul 8, 2019 at 12:19 PM
    BillyToy

BillyToy Well-Known Member

Member:
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma TRD Pro 6MT
    Well stunny, I must differ with thee and thine old wives tales.

There's plenty of non-meat protein available for badass body building. Genetics play the biggest role. Hard work is #2.

My grandmother used to give my mom grief about not feeding us meat using a similar argument (I didn't eat any meat at all until I was 16). Surely our growth would be stunted and we'd be pale, poorly muscled weaklings...

Now grandma (god bless, I loved her dearly) was really just being an asshole to the woman who stole her baby boy and her argument fizzled the day her 14yo, 6'2", 190lb absolute beast of a grandson ran up to her, throwing her in the air and catching her again in his arms like a pubescent Patrick Swayze singin' "I've had the time of my life".

She never said anything more about our diets after that

stun gun likes this.
  15. Jul 8, 2019 at 12:21 PM
    stun gun

stun gun Suffer Crew

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Goondocks, TW
    Vehicle:
    Tacomas.
    I also don’t know what I disagree with you on. I totally do not care about your diet, and I prefer you don’t care about mine. So I couldn’t possibly be trolling you. What you eat doesn’t matter (to me) but what you say and even more importantly DO could be important to people you interact with. For instance, if a vegan friend came to my backyard bbq, I’d fire up some vegan food. If a vegan friend told me there should be a law about eating animals and I should be prosecuted for eating them, I would remind them that I don’t participate in vegan law, Mormon marital law, bird law, sharia law, or Murphy’s law etc.

StayinStock and BillyToy like this.
  16. Jul 8, 2019 at 12:27 PM
    StayinStock

StayinStock Whatever

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    SE Missouri
    Vehicle:
    18 OR DCSB CEMENT
    Some
    I don't think anything in this thread has to do with vegan/non-vegan. It's more of people telling other people that they should live their lives like they do. I'm pretty sure most people don't care what you eat, just don't tell me what to eat. I'm plenty old enough to make my own decisions.

wilcam47, rtkbowhunter and stun gun like this.
  17. Jul 8, 2019 at 12:29 PM
    stun gun

stun gun Suffer Crew

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Goondocks, TW
    Vehicle:
    Tacomas.
    In 2019 you can easily be vegan. Doesn’t matter if you’re a race car driver, mma competitor, or astronaut. Yes, genetics. Outside of that I have yet to know of any athletes that STARTED OFF vegan. Plenty of them became vegan and maintain proper health. As far as supplements go, that’s a maybe from me, dawg. I don’t internet about muscles and supps, but last time I heard about plant based protein supplements, the consensus was that there is an estrogen triggering compound involved. My challenge to have a vegan defeat me in contests of strength (thumb wrestling and bottom wrestling) is only to make a mockery of the notion that internet challenges like that can even be proven. If a vegan could defeat me (not likely), well then some other omnivore/carnivore would come along and beat him.

BillyToy likes this.
  18. Jul 8, 2019 at 12:44 PM
    Gixerkiller

Gixerkiller Back in the real murica TTC #0043

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma Pre Runner DCLB White
    decals, morale patches, headlights, tail lights, toytech lift w 5100s, Falken Wildpeaks.....
  19. Jul 8, 2019 at 12:45 PM
    rtkbowhunter

rtkbowhunter Well-Known Member

Member:
    Southeast PA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma Quad Cab SR5
  20. Jul 8, 2019 at 12:54 PM
    stun gun

stun gun Suffer Crew

Member:
    First Name: