1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Vegas BS Thread!

Discussion in 'South West' started by MOT, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Sep 10, 2010 at 1:54 AM
    sHiBby

sHiBby Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Laveen, AZ
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner Sr5
    I wanted to make it out to this meet/greet/trail for this weekend but I couldn't but I will be in town for two consecutive weekends October 22-24(Birthday Weekend) and October 29-31(Halloween Weekend)

2. Sep 10, 2010 at 8:38 AM
    FoxySandChick

FoxySandChick Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kristin
    Henderson, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4 Base model V6 Impulse Red Pearl
    De-badged, limo tint, black wet okole's, weathertechs, extra d-rings, TSB bilsteins
    Since this is the general BS section, I'll move my reply over here as to not further anger the mob in the other thread....
    :pccoffee:

...and to cut down the size to not take up the entire page, I won't include your post and I'm sure you will still follow just fine.
    I did what was fastest and easiest at the time since I was at work and getting busy, sorry it made it difficult for you. Very fancy how you seperated all my comments yourself, but I'm not going to go that far myself.

You are right, I did quote you and I missed that, though it was more directed at Daniel than you.

All I'm saying about the Apex choice is, it's a pretty ugly and basic place to take people from out of town. Show them something worth looking at, it seemed like everyone has been offroading all over the place so they should have been able to come up with something better. I understand about wanting an easy stock friendly trail, there are lots of those around in better places than Apex. I've only got a 4x4, stock height with open diffs and it's my daily driver so I'm not about hard core trails. It's unfortunate that thread got side tracked with nonsense posts and a trail wasn't planned. Use it as a lesson learned and move on. Hope you all have a great time in Apex, I guess the out of towners will get to see the true Vegas...the ugly a$$ desert.

That book is $20 at the book store, probably find it cheaper online. I posted the info in the other thread, you saw it. Yup, trails.com seems like a great site, but $$. It's a good idea to make a Vegas account though.

If you want the info about the issues surrounding the trails around town, I'll post it as I get it. I can also post the laws regarding the same, I'll just have to find the electronic info. But it really comes down to stay off unmarked trails, stay out of closed areas and basically Tread Lightly and Leave No Trace, if those concepts need to be explained then they can be posted or linked later.

The other things I'm not even going to take the time to address since it isn't going to achieve anything on my part or yours, I guess you can call it agreeing to disagree on some things. No offense taken on my part. Maybe we can start to have some informative and helpful topics in this section.

3. Sep 10, 2010 at 8:48 AM
    T0LLPHR33

T0LLPHR33 Well-Known Member

Member:
    S1N C1TY...(from Hilo, HI)...
    Vehicle:
    BSP TRD Off-Road
    APR X-1 | TRD CAI w/Clear Cover | TRD Short Shifter w/ TRD "RED" Shift Knob | SGII w/Blendmount| Snugtop SL w/KeyLess Entry | 5% Tint | Pop-n-Lock | Bosch Icon WB | S2K Antenna | HRM | LS 8K Projectors w/BSP HLM & 8K Fogs w/FLM | Debadged |Tinted Tails | Black Weathertechs | MX RGM & RBM | Optima Red Top 35 | Gatorback Belt |
    I understood why you why posted like that...for me I could read/understand it but for others it might get a little confusing...I'm all about my hot keys on the keyboard so cut/pasting things is the easiest way I found to quote posts...habit from all the pc gaming and editing I've done over the years...

We all have our own opinion and agree to disagree on a lot of other things...but that's what this country was founded upon...:D We all just need to learn how we word things in our post which may be taken differently to those who are reading it just cause its a lot harder to transition emotions/perception on the internet when comparing it to talking face to face and/or on the phone...

I'm going to pick me up a copy of that book later this week...its always good info and reading material on the throne in the morning...lol

the same goes for trails in Hawaii...TREAD LIGHTLY and LEAVE NO TRACE BEHIND...I was always taught by my dad and friends when wheeling if you need to stack rocks to get over an obstacle make sure to take the rocks down and put them back where you found it...that way people don't use the rock pile as a crutch and constantly smash up the same trail but its also an eye sore cause we know that rock pile isn't natural...some areas its a little harder than others to tread lightly but its still possible and can be done...

I'm always up for learning new things every day...that's what life is all about...:D

4. Sep 11, 2010 at 12:23 AM
    FoxySandChick

Member:
    First Name:
    Kristin
    Henderson, NV
    Vehicle:
    De-badged, limo tint, black wet okole's, weathertechs, extra d-rings, TSB bilsteins
    Thank you :).

5. Sep 20, 2010 at 8:09 PM
    THXEY

THXEY Panda Jerk

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2013 Subaru WRX
    STi Short Shifter.OEM floor illumination kit. Rally Armor Mud Flaps. BC BR Coilovers. Invidia N1 Exhaust
  6. Sep 20, 2010 at 8:12 PM
    MOT

MOT [OP] Prez of @BattleBornToyotas

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    08 DB DC 4X4 Sr5 Sport
    Black Housing Head, Custom Retro fit, T-Rex #2 Eyelids 50 inch ToughLight Radius Bar and 2 20 inch Bars behind grill with BAMF mount, T-Rex #2 Eyelids, Custom Vegas Dezert Fab Front Bumper and Rock Sliders,Wet Okole's, WeatherTech Mats, Magnaflow Exhaust, Pro Comp 6 InchStage 2 Lift, K&N Intake,

Going to try and make this one dude! Come on vegas peeps check it out should be fun!:D

7. Sep 22, 2010 at 2:23 AM
    FoxySandChick

Member:
    First Name:
    Kristin
    Henderson, NV
    Vehicle:
  8. Sep 22, 2010 at 7:11 PM
    MOT

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    08 DB DC 4X4 Sr5 Sport
    Black Housing Head, Custom Retro fit, T-Rex #2 Eyelids 50 inch ToughLight Radius Bar and 2 20 inch Bars behind grill with BAMF mount, T-Rex #2 Eyelids, Custom Vegas Dezert Fab Front Bumper and Rock Sliders,Wet Okole's, WeatherTech Mats, Magnaflow Exhaust, Pro Comp 6 InchStage 2 Lift, K&N Intake,

This mite be cool to chck out thanks for the heads up!:D

9. Sep 23, 2010 at 4:57 AM
    FoxySandChick

Member:
    First Name:
    Kristin
    Henderson, NV
    Vehicle:
    I've checked it out the past couple years, it's always a good time.
    My neighbor and some friends usually have vehicles in it, so we try to stop by. It's usually too crowded to get good pics and there isn't any half naked chicks standing by the cars.

10. Sep 27, 2010 at 5:34 PM
    MOT

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    08 DB DC 4X4 Sr5 Sport
  11. Sep 28, 2010 at 11:43 PM
    MOT

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    08 DB DC 4X4 Sr5 Sport
  12. Oct 1, 2010 at 3:10 PM
    MOT

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    08 DB DC 4X4 Sr5 Sport
  13. Oct 6, 2010 at 8:05 PM
    merrit

merrit Well-Known Member

Member:
    Las Vegas
    seriously depussified oc to
    hey daniel the canadians just called, they want their hockey pucks back.:ohsnap:

14. Oct 6, 2010 at 8:07 PM
    MOT

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    08 DB DC 4X4 Sr5 Sport
    Hey you should come to the next meet and kick it! I bet not since you never have! I bet this is timmer under a new name I bet!

15. Oct 7, 2010 at 6:46 AM
    Zac808

Zac808 Custom User Title

Member:
    First Name:
    Zac
    Viva Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD DC SB 4x4
    In my sig
    Hahahaha. That's funny shit. Same letters. Hmmmmmm........

16. Oct 8, 2010 at 7:55 AM
    LVTacoma

LVTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    found this abortion on craigslist. I ve seen thistruck around town. dana60 ftw. the rest ftl. what is the purpose of doing this to a tacoma?

[​IMG]

17. Oct 8, 2010 at 8:05 AM
    Dimonback

Dimonback Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Austin, Tx, from all over hell and back
    Vehicle:
    Geezer double cab w/ shell
    Did I see your rig out in West Las Vegas yesterday? Like on Fort Apache?

18. Oct 8, 2010 at 8:39 AM
    T0LLPHR33

T0LLPHR33 Well-Known Member

Member:
    S1N C1TY...(from Hilo, HI)...
    Vehicle:
    BSP TRD Off-Road
    APR X-1 | TRD CAI w/Clear Cover | TRD Short Shifter w/ TRD "RED" Shift Knob | SGII w/Blendmount| Snugtop SL w/KeyLess Entry | 5% Tint | Pop-n-Lock | Bosch Icon WB | S2K Antenna | HRM | LS 8K Projectors w/BSP HLM & 8K Fogs w/FLM | Debadged |Tinted Tails | Black Weathertechs | MX RGM & RBM | Optima Red Top 35 | Gatorback Belt |
    all show no go...that's a true mall crawler...way to high to even consider going crawling...:rolleyes:

i've seen that thing around town a few times...what a waste of money if you ask me...

19. Oct 8, 2010 at 10:44 AM
    MOT

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    08 DB DC 4X4 Sr5 Sport
    :laugh: how much was it listed for?

I was cruzing for a bit yesterday so ya maybe! O here is some good BS I was at a light over that side of town and this younger kid in a mustang pulled up with his music bumping! So the light turning green I hit it just playing and he did to hard like slamming gears (not a street race guys) I keep going like dude if you keep going your going off the road or hitting my tire lol! Well he keep going thinking that he would pass me he ran out of road hit the dirt and spun out lol all pissed buhaha because it was a 2 to one lol it was great!

20. Oct 8, 2010 at 10:53 AM
    hookedontronics

hookedontronics Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
    Icon extended travel 3.5" front coilovers, DSM UCAs, TSB leaf pack w/ wheelers AAL, All Pro U-bolt flip kit, Walker Evans 2.0 rear shocks, 18" XD Monster rims, Nitto trail grappler 285/65R18 Tires, Color matched grill, Grillcraft, Kragen HIDs, Carling switches, my bed light mod, diff drop, Alpine IVA-W505, JL Audio C5 componets and coaxials, JL 300/4 and 250/1 amps and JL stealthbox, wheathertechs, avs vent visors, toyota bed x-tender, alcantara center console cover and door pocket covers, console vault, color matched mirrors, heated mirrors, etc etc etc
    I'd rock it

To Top