1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Vehicle Height/Suspension Measurement Input...Factory Vs. Now

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Buckaroo1993, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Jul 16, 2017 at 3:50 PM
    Buckaroo1993

Buckaroo1993 [OP] Who?? ME??

Member:
    First Name:
    Vinny
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2003 3.4L BSP DCSB TRD OFF-ROAD/SR5 4WD
    17x9 HELO HE878 with Hankook RF10 DYNAPRO AT-M LT275/70R17 RCD/Billie's Front and Rear with OME 883's and HS Progressive AAL Resulting in 3"+ Lift LR SPC UCA'S Diff Drop K&N Cold Air Intake LED's Exterior/Interior
    I wanted to know how much my 250k+ miles 2003 DC TRD Off-Road suspension has sagged. I bought the truck in 2007 with about 66k miles from the original owner. Doubtful any mods done to it by him. It didn't even have a receiver hitch. Anyways, I found some specs posted by another member and measured.

According to the Toyota spec sheet:
    Front Height...Measure (A) ground clearance of spindle center and subtract (B) ground clearance of front adjusting cam bolt center. My (A) measurement (as best I could tell) is 14.25" and (B) measurement (as best I could tell) is 11.125" resulting in a difference of 3.125". The factory spec says 2.72"! Is it possible the front is 0.40" TALLER than factory at this point?

Rear Height...Measure (C) ground clearance of rear axle shaft center and subtract (D) ground clearance of leaf spring front hanger pin bolt center. My (C) measurement (as best I could tell) is 14.00" and (D) measurement (as best I could tell) is 14.50" resulting in a difference of -0.50". The factory spec says -0.67"! Again, is it possible the rear has only sagged 0.17" from factory at this point?

Maybe I wasn't measuring correctly? I don't know. It is pretty straightforward though.

Products Discussed in

To Top