1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

verizon smartphones

Discussion in 'Technology' started by tacovic, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Jun 20, 2010 at 9:36 PM
    MOT

MOT Prez of @BattleBornToyotas

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    08 DB DC 4X4 Sr5 Sport
    Black Housing Head, Custom Retro fit, T-Rex #2 Eyelids 50 inch ToughLight Radius Bar and 2 20 inch Bars behind grill with BAMF mount, T-Rex #2 Eyelids, Custom Vegas Dezert Fab Front Bumper and Rock Sliders,Wet Okole's, WeatherTech Mats, Magnaflow Exhaust, Pro Comp 6 InchStage 2 Lift, K&N Intake,
    The incredble is the shit i am on it right now! The battery life is kinda well ok! If you get the phone get the free app called app killer it kills all the running apps so the battery lasts longer! The best phone i have ever had! Great apps texting is great and the wigets are freaking sweet! All in all iphone killer just because it is verizon!

2. Jun 20, 2010 at 10:02 PM
    tacovic

tacovic [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    MN/WI
    Vehicle:
    00 4x4 TRD
    stock for now
    how well does it fit in your pocket? and does it feel pretty durable?

3. Jun 20, 2010 at 10:07 PM
    MOT

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    08 DB DC 4X4 Sr5 Sport
    Black Housing Head, Custom Retro fit, T-Rex #2 Eyelids 50 inch ToughLight Radius Bar and 2 20 inch Bars behind grill with BAMF mount, T-Rex #2 Eyelids, Custom Vegas Dezert Fab Front Bumper and Rock Sliders,Wet Okole's, WeatherTech Mats, Magnaflow Exhaust, Pro Comp 6 InchStage 2 Lift, K&N Intake,

Its the same size at the iphone and it feels kinda light but i had the screens cover and a hard case put on it the day i got it in the mail! It has been a great phone i thought i would hate it and i was going to give it to the wife if i did but its great all around! the droid x looks cool but dam that thing looks big as hell haha and who knows how long that thing will be back ordered! Any droid is a go brother its really what you want htc is that shiz!

4. Jun 20, 2010 at 10:28 PM
    tacovic

Member:
    MN/WI
    Vehicle:
    00 4x4 TRD
    stock for now
    i think the x is only a couple inches bigger than the incredible. and i like that it has physical buttons for end call and call. i just dont know when the X is going to come out and how much it is.

5. Jun 20, 2010 at 10:29 PM
    vthokie

vthokie Member

Member:
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2010 2.7L 4X4 SR5
    A lot of the Verizon Wireless consultants I work with have the Incredible. Its a good phone for sure but I hear the battery life isn't great. If you are coming from a simple featured phone, don't expect the battery to last 3-4 days sometimes a week (depending on usage). I'd say if you use your phone a lot, you would only get about half a days use on the battery. I haven't owned one, so this is just hear-say.

The speed is definitely nice on the Incredible, but what are you upgrading from? If you are coming from a LG5500 or LG ENV 2 or even a Blackberry 8330, you could get a HTC Droid Eris and the speed would be 10x faster for you (compared to the phones listed above). All the Droids get the same apps and with the new software upgrades the only differences between the Droids is speed.

Also how do you use your phone? Do you text a lot? Write a lot of emails? The touchscreen keyboards work well after you get used to them, but some people still prefer the tactile(ness?) of having a physical keyboard. If you do, I would recommend the Motorola Droid or the new LG Ally. The Ally just came out and seems to be a decent entry level Droid. The keyboard is by far the best Droid keyboard yet. I wouldn't recommend the Motorola Devour unless you do A LOT of social networking.

These are all the questions I would ask my customer before they decided on a phone. I get paid full commission and its my job to make sure the phone + plan fits your needs. Unhappy customers = no money for the Tacoma.

If you have anymore questions PM me or email me at howard.chen@cellularsales.com. I'd be happy to help.

Howe.

6. Jun 20, 2010 at 10:29 PM
    MOT

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    08 DB DC 4X4 Sr5 Sport

True on that! Could be soon could be christmas time i am beting on christmas time! Eather way you are goo even if you go with the moto droid you will be good!

7. Jun 20, 2010 at 10:40 PM
    005Tacoma

005Tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Thomasville, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2005 Toyota Tacoma
    Too bad your not with AT&T, I have a iPhone 3GS I'd GIVE ya :D

8. Jun 20, 2010 at 10:57 PM
    tacovic

Member:
    MN/WI
    Vehicle:
    00 4x4 TRD
    stock for now
    ya verizon doesnt have the iphone yet. but i still would probably get an android phone. it seems like even the phones are apple verse "PC" now.

9. Jun 20, 2010 at 11:02 PM
    MOT

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    08 DB DC 4X4 Sr5 Sport

this is true! Droid i dont think i would even get the iphone if it was verizon now that i have this thing! So bad ass!

10. Jun 20, 2010 at 11:21 PM
    tacovic

Member:
    MN/WI
    Vehicle:
    00 4x4 TRD
    stock for now
    really? man i want one bad. now i just gotta figure out which one to get.

11. Jun 20, 2010 at 11:37 PM
    vthokie

vthokie Member

Member:
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2010 2.7L 4X4 SR5
    Also, whoever has a Droid and doesn't have the PDANet app. Get it.

For those who don't know, it allows your phone to be tethered to a computer so that the phone can be used a internet card to get internet anywhere there is Verizon signal. Which lets be honest...its harder to find a dead spot these days (on Verizon).

12. Jun 21, 2010 at 8:32 AM
    FlawedXJ

FlawedXJ mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    NorAla
    Vehicle:
    13 F150 FX4, 99 jeep xj, 04 msm miata
    I actually have a jeep now. Imagine that.
    you could root and get wireless tethering :)

13. Jun 21, 2010 at 8:50 AM
    Bretsuaz48

Bretsuaz48 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bret
    Surprise, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2016 Sport
    Ok. I don't keep up with phones, but am considering replacing my BlackBerry. I know Verizon will be announcing a couple of new phones this week. Which ones will be coming out next, and what are the differences compared to the Incredible?

14. Jun 21, 2010 at 8:56 AM
    81shark

81shark Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2006 Base Access CP1
    it's not verizon, but i'm wanting the the EVO at sprint. 4g baby.

15. Jun 21, 2010 at 9:46 AM
    PreRunnerSeth

PreRunnerSeth Well-Known Member

Member:
    Apex, NC
    Vehicle:
    16 Super White Limited 4x4
    I had the original moto droid and now have the incredible. First off you don't need an app killer. The biggest problem for battery life and this will be a problem with any modern smart phone that is so connected, is that you have a lot of apps that are accessing the network to stay updated. I dont care what phone you have, who made it, or whatever if you access the network your battery life will suffer. If you absolutely have to have your twitter, facebook, whatever updated every 5 minutes then you will need to get a spare battery. If you can live without these things being constantly updated, then you can turn them off or set the update times much more conservatively and you battery life will be much better.

The moto X looks pretty sick. The thing looks huge. It also does not have a OLED screen like the incredible. The main thing with the incredible and most the reason i upgraded is the sense UI is a very polished add on to android and has a lot of cool useful little features. The moto x wont have this, but will probably have Motorolas version called blur. Previous versions of blur were no where near as good as sense ui. Besides now that the incredible is rooted. Sky is the limit. I'm running wifi tether and can do screen captures. Waiting for the recovery flash tool to be released. Either way you will like android. Its extremely customizable and you dont have steve jobs telling you what your UI should look like or what apps you can have.

16. Jun 21, 2010 at 9:53 AM
    YotaDude01

YotaDude01 Kentucky Boy

Member:
    KY
    Vehicle:
    01' TRD off-road
    I know it isn't on your list but I love my blackberry storm2. Its a fast phone with pretty good battery life. I'm writing this with it know. Lol

17. Jun 21, 2010 at 10:04 AM
    MOT

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    08 DB DC 4X4 Sr5 Sport
    man i would love to pick your brain about the incredible i just got it and still learning!

I am sorry but the crack berry blows balls when you get in to droid its like night and day i had one! Its has to have the battery taken out all the time if you have a problem Sucks ass! But if you like it and it word for you good! MO

18. Jun 21, 2010 at 10:08 AM
    YotaDude01

YotaDude01 Kentucky Boy

Member:
    KY
    Vehicle:
    01' TRD off-road
    This is the first smart phone for me so I really don't have any room to compare. but its been a good for to me so far.

19. Jun 21, 2010 at 10:14 AM
    MOT

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    08 DB DC 4X4 Sr5 Sport

The black berry was my first smart phone to if you like it thats cool the droid just opens up so much more to do! IMO it killers all others!:D

20. Jun 21, 2010 at 10:19 AM
    Richman21

Richman21 I think therefore I'm a Democrat

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    09 DC Sport PreRunner
    Hardwire radar detector. Tube steps.
    For shizzle!!

Products Discussed in