1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Verizon sticks it to AT&T with true unlimited data plan for $30

Discussion in 'Technology' started by surfsupl, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Jan 25, 2011 at 8:56 PM
    Range 44

Range 44 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2008 FJ TTE
    if its confusing then maybe you don't need it, but its very helpful to put someone on speaker phone and pull up then discuss a recently sent email or send it while on the phone. All without the whole ill call you back thing.

2. Jan 25, 2011 at 8:56 PM
    paintdiddy

paintdiddy Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    They all rape us with these data plans.it's crazy

3. Jan 25, 2011 at 9:00 PM
    surfsupl

surfsupl [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    WestCoast
    Vehicle:
    I DONT CARE IF IT'S A RE-POST
    Rear Diff Breather~ 5100's ~Fog Light Anytime~Tint~TRD Seat Covers~Weather Tech's~Pioneer H.U.~Lift~Eibach Springs~LED's......blah...blah...blah
    Would not need that feature in my line of work. I can see how it benefits others tho. By confusing I was being:rolleyes:

4. Jan 25, 2011 at 9:03 PM
    raskal311

raskal311 Well-Known Member

Member:
    S. Cal
    5100 set to max, pending LSD and TRD CAI
    When cell phone wasn't around no one cared but once they had it they can't live without it. Its the same thing.

5. Jan 25, 2011 at 9:09 PM
    Range 44

Range 44 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2008 FJ TTE
    For the record, I usually drop at least 5 calls a day. AT&T def needs to get a fix on that. The service issues are not rumors. So I def see the attraction to verizon. But hopefully half of the zillion iphone users will go over to verizon and service will improve.

6. Jan 26, 2011 at 4:17 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit

LMAO- I haven't dropped a call because of my end of the signal in months on Verizon...so I guess being able to read an e-mail while talking on the phone doesn't really matter if you can't even talk on the phone reliably.

This is a matter of priorities and selective ignorance. You like your iPhone and the only place you get that is AT&T...for now...so you defend them and tout the ONE thing that they do that is better...which really isn't that important. I'd rather be able to reliably talk OR surf the web one at a time...then do both with unreliably....but that's just me.

And I wouldn't expect your service to get that much better with users jumping the sinking ship to Verizon...Bad coverage is still bad coverage....

7. Jan 26, 2011 at 4:51 AM
    paintdiddy

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    Maybe your right but it's not a huge factor from not switching from AT&T to verizon. No one can say AT&T has better service than verizon.2 kids i work with have iPhones.their phones do not work in our building.WTF??? They are 20 ft away and the call won't go thru. My only dilemma is all the other guys i work with have droids and have all the original nintendo games on their phones.who doesnt love some old school nintendo games???you can't get them on the iPhone,unless you jail break it. Anything will be better than my gay envy crap phone

8. Jan 26, 2011 at 5:01 AM
    TacoDaTugBoat

TacoDaTugBoat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Goshen, Ct
    Vehicle:
    13 DCLB TRD Sport
    So the rumor that Verizon is getting the iPhone has finnally come true. I have been waiting for it for some time now. The new rumor I heard is that the iPhone 5 will be comming out in the fall and it will be able to talk and browse on Verizons new LTE(?) network. Now I am not super in the loop on this sort of stuff, but I would imagine that Verizon will be fixing the talk and browse problem as soon as they can. I want the iPhone but already have to wait untill late summer to get it. Might just wait till fall and see if I can just catch the next wave, if there is one.

9. Jan 26, 2011 at 5:13 AM
    paintdiddy

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    My friend works for verizon.he is some kinda Big shot.he said he hasn't heard any confirmation on the iPhone 5 from his bosses

10. Jan 26, 2011 at 5:53 AM
    TacoDaTugBoat

TacoDaTugBoat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Goshen, Ct
    Vehicle:
    13 DCLB TRD Sport
    How long ago did he hear confirmation of the iPhone 4? If it is scheduled for fall then they would prob keep pretty tight lipped for now. Just a thought. I can't do anything for a while anyway so wtf.

11. Jan 27, 2011 at 8:44 AM
    asphaltpilot

asphaltpilot CAPS CAPS CAPS!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    South Florida
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner SR5
    +1 We the consumer need as much competition as possible or we get screwed even harder.

12. Mar 18, 2011 at 5:34 PM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
  13. Mar 20, 2011 at 12:41 PM
    Toph

Toph Addicted to V8s

Member:
    It was capped at 5gb when it was "unlimited" anyways. Sprints the only company that offers true unlimited.

Products Discussed in

To Top