1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Verminators

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Janster, Jun 10, 2008.

1. Jun 11, 2008 at 1:38 PM
    joedirt

joedirt Hallow

Member:
    Ploeśti
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma
    It took balls of steel for me to even take the photo. That is a "baby", the full grown ones are grey and twice the size. They're quick, too. Man, I was getting hungry, but thinking about those spiders makes me want to chuck.

2. Jun 11, 2008 at 1:56 PM
    BlueSilver

BlueSilver Wave rider

Member:
    I spent 9 months last year working for an extremely busy pest control company. I saw it all. Ants and rats are most common pests here in Seattle. Occasional roach problem, sometimes at houses, but usually restaraunts.. You can't really get rid of them.. Not easily anyways. Did a lot of carpenter ant jobs with the drilling..expensive stuff... but every 3 weeks? that may be illigal, the EPA heavily restricts even the safest pesticides from too much application.
    I left after being fed up with getting all the yellow jacket, bee and hornet jobs. Also got sick of attic spaces and rat-shit infested crawl spaces.

I thought about watching the verminator show, but went to bed.

3. Jun 11, 2008 at 7:41 PM
    joedirt

joedirt Hallow

Member:
    Ploeśti
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma
    They only treat outside every three weeks. They've only done inside the house once.

4. Jun 12, 2008 at 4:34 AM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    YESSSS! "Those" are the ones!! Holy Run Like Hell Batman! :eek: x infinity!

5. Jun 12, 2008 at 7:54 AM
    BlueSilver

BlueSilver Wave rider

Member:
    Sounds like Talstar One or something similar containing Bifenthrin. You can get the same thing, just slightly less potent at the store. It is only effective while its wet and sometimes not even that becuase UV rays destroy it rapidly. It doesn't make much of a "barrier" that the companies tell you it does.

Theres a couple other outside application sprays that are more effective, but legally you can only apply them every 30 days (Difethialone).

6. Jun 27, 2008 at 12:35 PM
    Janster

Janster [OP] Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    How ironic....

We had a new heat pump put in last year..new wiring, new hoses, everything. A couple weeks ago - I was pulling weeds and noticed the caulk they used to seal the house up (where the hoses/wiring go in) had fallen off and left a good sized hole there. No biggie...I thought to myself... We need to get some expanding foam and seal that up.

I immediately thought of this show and how a 'mouse' can slip into an area only 1/2".

Not a couple days later, my husband says, "I found some mouse droppings on the workbench in the basement."

What? Noooo Way!!! I honestly didn't believe him. We've lived in the house for 12 years and never had any rodents!

So what does he do? He orders a bunch of T-Rex mouse traps off ebay. He thinks those things are sooooo damn cool. I figured - well, we either trapped him in or trapped him out. My husband laid them on the floor in the basement with peanut butter....and the next day - little dead mousy!

I would've never thought a mouse would get in the house let alone in the basement in the time that we found that hole and noticed the droppings. There's no food in the basement....just basement 'stuff' to chew on (insulation, cardboard, paper, plastic, metal, etc). Makes me wonder how or why they decide to crawl in there in the first place.....?? OH well.....Thanks to the Verminators - I can officially capture & kill my own rodents!

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  7. Jun 27, 2008 at 3:16 PM
    BlueSilver

BlueSilver Wave rider

Member:
    Nice job Jan. Mice reproduce fast as Fu**! a pair could become 10,000+ in a year. They are almost impossible to exterminate once you have a full blown infestation. Rats are easier to kill, but can make a colony pretty fast vas well. Keep an eye on your new caulking job becuase mice will chew through anything thats not steel. Even lead pipes.

8. Jun 28, 2008 at 4:02 AM
    Janster

Janster [OP] Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Thanks for the tips!! I will keep an eye on it for sure. Just weird..I think I'm still in denial. :D

Products Discussed in

To Top