1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Vibrating brake pedal on 2010 Tacoma TRD

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by mikeymike, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Jan 17, 2010 at 1:22 AM
    mikeymike

mikeymike [OP] New Member

Member:
    I recently bought a 2010 Tacoma TRD. I drove it to the snow, engaging the 4WD for a day of skiing, and returned to the city the next day. For two days now, the brake pedal vibrates everytime its pushed firmly, even when the car's in park and not moving. It lasts about 2-3 seconds, vibrating the pedal, then stops. This occurs whenever you push the pedal, and didn't happen before the trip to the snow. Its quite annoying feeling a 3 second foot massage everytime i brake for a stop sign. Has anyone heard of a malfunctioning ABS on a brand new tacoma truck?

2. Jan 17, 2010 at 1:33 AM
    dysfunctnlretard

dysfunctnlretard Hi

Member:
    First Name:
    Manny
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2021 Jeep Rubicon
    Its excited that your gonna drive it. LOL.

3. Jan 17, 2010 at 3:17 AM
    z33tec

z33tec Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester, NY
    Vehicle:
    09 4X4 Access Cab 4cyl
    Something may have happened to the ABS sensor during your trip and now it is activating every time you push the pedal for some reason. Just take it to the dealer and have them fix it for you under warranty. From my experience with my last car, ABS sensors are pretty delicate and are located close to the wheel. I screwed one of mine up on my last car just from rotating a tire that was rusted on a bit and banging on it too hard with the tire iron to get it off. They can even get dirty and malfunction until cleaned with a wire brush. Either way, dealer should take care of it for you. I wouldn't worry about it.

4. Jan 17, 2010 at 6:23 PM
    ShadowFalken

ShadowFalken Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    10 Off Road
    Raptor stainless bars, Wet Okole covers, RollBak bed cover, PopNLock, Redline hood struts, XM radio factory kit
    If it is indeed pulsing with a vehicle speed of zero then it really needs a visit to the shop.

I take it you have no malfunction lights on the dash of any kind?

Products Discussed in

To Top