1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Vibration Question

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by jlorensen, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Aug 18, 2010 at 9:46 AM
    jlorensen

jlorensen [OP] New Member

Member:
    Have an 01' pre-runner with 252k. Within the last month or so, I have noticed a vibration at 65 mph +/-. It runs smooth at 60 and smooth at 70, but in between, a little rough. I have the tires balanced, but no change. Any thoughts.....ball joints perhaps? I basically drive the highways all day for work, and put a fair amount of mileage on each week. Would like to get this corrected, cause I don't like driving under the speed limit to keep the vibration down.
    Thanks
    Joe

2. Aug 18, 2010 at 9:48 AM
    08pretaco

08pretaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra 4x4 CM 5.7L SR5
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    did they road force balance the tires? do you tires have any side wall bubbles or anything?

3. Aug 18, 2010 at 4:20 PM
    jlorensen

jlorensen [OP] New Member

Member:
    Not sure I know what road force balancing is, they placed each tire on a spinning machine and balanced that way. Also, no sidewall issues.

4. Aug 18, 2010 at 4:21 PM
    Andrew H

Andrew H What is this "search" you speak of?

Member:
    Dirty Tucson
    Vehicle:
    2017SSMDCSBTRDS
    I'd have them double check the balancing on the tires first before anything else.

5. Aug 18, 2010 at 4:22 PM
    08pretaco

08pretaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra 4x4 CM 5.7L SR5
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    just because they through it on a spinning machine doesnt mean its road forced. when you go back specifically mention road force balance. also make sure they use to correct adaptor when putting the tire on the machine.

Products Discussed in

To Top