1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Vibration when auto trans shifts

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by tanis79796, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Jun 24, 2009 at 11:25 PM
    tanis79796

tanis79796 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Tacoma, Washington
    Vehicle:
    2009 Toyota Tacoma 2WD Auto
    I just purchased a 2009 Tacoma 4 cyl with auto trans. The truck was slightly used at time of purchase with 19,000 miles and an 08/08 in service date. All required service an maintenance has been completed according to the Toyota-owners on-line service records.

When the automatic transmission shifts at approx 25 MPH and 35 MPH there is a vibration. The intensity and volume of the vibration is similar to that you would experience when you run to close to the shoulder of the road and run on the cuts they have made to alert a sleeping driver. The vibration last for 1 to 3 seconds. There are no other times or speeds where there is a vibration. Any thoughts? Ty

2. Jun 25, 2009 at 3:32 AM
    brian

brian Another Traitor

Member:
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    2008 F-350 Powerstroke
    Take it in ASAP. Sounds like somethings wrong, maybe torque converter.

3. Jun 25, 2009 at 3:43 AM
    tomballos

tomballos Member

Member:
    Hyde Park, NY
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5, TRD
    Westin Chromed Nerf and Brush Bars, K&N CAI, Helix Power Plus
    My 08 TRD, auto trans, also had a low rpm shudder when shifting up and down in the lower gears. There is a TSB (technical service bulletin) which replaces a transmission mount which helps minimize this problem. I had it done and it is better but it is still there in a small amount and the tranny still seems to shift hard going into and out of the lower gears.

4. Aug 8, 2009 at 1:41 PM
    jackal419

jackal419 Active Member

Member:
    Fort Bragg, NC
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5
    Arctic Heater Package, KC light bar, Lightforce Lights, Softtopper Bed cover, TRD CAI, Thule Bike Rack
    Mine just started doing the same thing. I got a bunch of the truck wet last week in a large creek, but had the front, rear and tranny fluids replaced just to be safe. Not sure what the deal is, but I guess I'm going to have take it back in to get it looked at as well.

5. Aug 25, 2009 at 11:22 AM
    SpaceMonkey

SpaceMonkey Well-Known Member

Member:
    Houston, Tx
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner
    Mine is doing this too. The truck shudders slightly as it shifts up to about 40mph. It does the same thing as it downshifts. I've tried just about everything else. I guess I'll have to take it in and see if the powertrain warranty will cover it.

To Top