1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Vibrations.......not good

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Kingdesgn, Oct 2, 2007.

1. Nov 4, 2007 at 7:12 PM
    mbarr

mbarr mgb2

Member:
    Dallas, GA
    Vehicle:
    06' PreRunner X-SP
    3" Pro-Comp lift. 33x12.50x20 Toyo M/T tires. 20x9 Driv Growler (-12) wheels. T-Rex billet grills. 8" shorty radio antenna. K&N Cold Air intake. Husky Liner floor mats and Crabon Fiber dash. TRD Exhaust, Skid Plate, & Shifter.
    I have had several Toyota pick-ups over the years; 81', 94', 99' 04', and now an 06' Tacoma (still have the 81' 4x4). I have also worked at Discount Tire Co. for several years now. The only complaint I have ever had about Toyota Pick-ups or SUVs by myself or the customers I deal with at Discount Tire are vibration issues. For some reason, which I don't know why, Toyota pick-ups and SUVs (not cars) are the most temperamental vehicles on the road when dealing with vibration issues. Especially after replacing the stock tires or the stock tires and wheels. I have after-market wheels and tires on my 06 Tacoma and I knew going in I would have vibration issues and I just deal with it.
    Sorry I don't have an answer as to why, but I do know its not just the newer vehicles but the older models as well.

2. Nov 5, 2007 at 5:01 PM
    dabighi

dabighi Well-Known Member

Member:
    no vibrations here but whats this TSB stuff??? never heard of it

3. Nov 5, 2007 at 9:50 PM
    TuRDTACO

TuRDTACO Carolina Alliance: Midwest Firearms Division

Member:
    joliet, il
    Vehicle:
    HAD 07 TRD OFFROAD PRERUNNER
    small dent on the hood, new foglight bulb, roughed up bedliner, been smoked in, suspicious stains on the passenger seat, boogers on the drivers seat, dirty floor mats, girl doodles on the dirty windows, loose wiring
    there are a few threads about the TSB (toyota service bulletin) under the 2nd Gen. tacomas forum. toyota is replacing leafspring packs due to customer complaints about harsh rides and bottoming out with a load in the bed on the 05-07 4x4 and prerunner tacomas

4. Nov 6, 2007 at 12:23 PM
    dabighi

dabighi Well-Known Member

Member:
    thanks for that info...so im also gonna assume that this replacement spring package is what toytec is talking about when they say to use the rear block with the factory replacement instead of the aal???

Products Discussed in

To Top