1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Video - Man Pulls Gun - Your Opinion

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by sunflower, May 20, 2012.

1. May 21, 2012 at 2:17 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    This whole situation , video , thread and comments in the thread are retarded , that's how I feel

This thread does however seem more substantial than your " Zuckerberg's wife is a Chinese secret agent " thread though , I'll give you that

unsub

2. May 21, 2012 at 4:12 PM
    Stubbs95tacoma

Stubbs95tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    Wichita
    Vehicle:
    07 SR5
    6 Inch Lift
    This whole generation sucks ass, I want to go grow up in the 30's and 40's with my grandfather' where there wasn't a new "social revolution" every other week, everyone is idiotic

3. May 21, 2012 at 4:29 PM
    DevL

DevL Well-Known Member

Member:
    In TEXAS unwanted touching is legally defined as assault by contact. So yes, that was an assault. When the male hippie douche tried to legally stop the assault the old man claims he was struck and pulls a gun.

I am super pro 2nd amendment but also very anti douchebag.

4. May 21, 2012 at 4:41 PM
    kingston73

kingston73 Well-Known Member

Member:
    North eastern Ohio
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4.0L 4x4
    This is one of the only sensible responses I've read in this thread. For all of you meat head, macho shit spouting dumb asses who say the guy with the gun did the right thing, you are why it is so god damn difficult for people who don't like guns to see a reason why we should be allowed to have them.

Seriously, I'm 100% for the 2nd amendment and I have my CCW permit, but in my state you'd lose your gun owners privilege for life if you did what he did, plus possibly face civil charges.

Tell me this, why did the gun owner need to get out of his car? Why did he have to drive like a lunatic and possibly endanger other people? Was he that threatened by the protesters?

Go ahead and flame me, call me a hippie pussy girly man. If you feel like you would have needed a gun in that situation you are a bigger wuss than the suv driver, and the above post is right, Everybody in the video, (and some of you on here) is fucktarded.

5. May 21, 2012 at 4:44 PM
    bubbagumps

bubbagumps Well-Known Member

Member:
    This video cracked me up. Both parties need to grow up. Filming yourself chasing some guy around in his car :rolleyes: Then the old guy speeds away like he is afraid of PETA protestors. He gets his panties all wadded in a bunch and pulls a gun. "Get on the ground. Right now."..lol. I would have just ignored them and driven like normal. They wanted a reaction from the guy so they could film it.

Reminds me of those fights way back in high school where there was really just a lot of posturing but no blows-- "Let's go. Right now !"

6. May 21, 2012 at 6:52 PM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    i'm more shocked at the number of people who think it's a good idea to stop and confront an unknown party that is following you just because they have a gun

This

Despite my gun and badge...i'm still not going to stop if someone is following me and confront them in the middle of the street...i'm going to call 911 and explain the situation and that i feel threatened and let the people who are properly marked and equipped handle it

like was said earlier in the thread...machismo and douchebags make it more and more difficult for law abiding citizens to own guns every day

From this extremely 1 sided video (and not to armchair qb the officers because SC laws may vary) but i can tell you that the SHARK driver wouldve been cited AT THE MINIMUM with careless operation

The other party would more than likely been charged with pointing and presenting a firearm based again on what DevL mentioned...regardless of prior contact, he was very clearly not feeling threatened as he exited his vehicle and confronted them

They posed no risk to his life and he escalated it to deadly force levels without any reason

with that being said

I think all parties are in the wrong in some form and chasing a guy in a car on an obviously fairly busy street is no longer a peaceful protest

Of course, I'm not a judge...i make charges based on probable cause and have to present enough evidence to prove beyond a reasonable doubt in front of a judge that these people committed these crimes

with this video, i dont believe it'd be hard to do

7. May 22, 2012 at 12:31 AM
    stewartx

stewartx Well-Known Member

Member:
    Huntsville AL
    Vehicle:
    2012 Silver DC SB TRD Off-Road
    Winch, front hitch, step bars, bed extender, bed step, gull-wing toolbox, tailgate lock, security system, cb radio, etc.
    Once again, we're seeing only part of the story. This short video doesn't include everything leading up to the confrontation shown. This guy was being followed by anti-gun, anti-hunting, activists clearly attempting to provoke an incident. This video, edited by those activists, does not show all they did previously to accomplish that. This is a propaganda tactic now being widely used by such groups (provoke incident, edit video, show video). You can now find similar videos all over YouTube and elsewhere.

Anyway, stopping to confront someone following you is not a crime. Neither is pulling into or out of a gas station. And neither is putting your hand in front of a camera lense (it's unclear whether he pushed the camera or she moved it away). The only clear violation I saw (on his part) was failure to use a turn signal.

On the other hand, hitting someone else is certainly a violation. I do think he overreacted by pulling out his gun, but that's a judgement call on his part. Again, we don't know everything which happened previously (other than him being followed) which may have caused him enough concern to do so.

That last sentence is crucial since the activists were the obvious aggressors here. They were following him (not the other way around), they pulled in behind his truck, the driver got out to confront him, and that driver evidently hit him. They equally could have avoided the entire incident by not doing any part of that.

Regardless, this discussion is rhetorical. The police officers actually investigating the incident (who likely saw the entire video instead of the edited version here) did not arrest him on any weapons-related charge. Instead, the video said the "gunman" received "two minor citations, neither of which mentioned .. a gun," while the activist driver received "four charges" and the activist woman received "two citations." Those "four charges," not citations, strongly suggest the officers investigating also viewed the activists as aggressors. Of course, this video omits what that activist driver did to receive "four charges."

8. May 22, 2012 at 12:47 AM
    1TUFFTRD

1TUFFTRD WTF

Member:
    out and about building powerlines
    Vehicle:
    06 AC with a skewp
    06 With a Skewp.
    All parties are in the wrong.

9. May 22, 2012 at 1:15 PM
    sunflower

sunflower [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    The police in that area are utterly corrupt and against the "activists". The police have committed numerous illegal acts of detention against the "activists" and ignored assaults against the "activists".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxsFCyGn7sE&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rhm6ZS3vk6Q&feature=plcp

10. May 22, 2012 at 2:35 PM
    tacomafide

tacomafide Cheese it in there!

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    '10 DCLB TRD Sport+Leather Pkg.
    de-badged, de-stickered, no jewlery, level kit (removed after second front dif), tint, skid plate (now dented), front tow hook off of Land Cruzer, reciever d hook (cleavis), yellow wire mod, abs kill sw. mod, window visors, stubby antena, anytime reverse lights mod, anytime reverse camera mod, blizzacks on stealies, bed lights mod, weathertec mats allround,
    Looks like we got a hippie!
    Do u even have a Tacoma?

11. May 22, 2012 at 2:38 PM
    sunflower

Member:
    I am far from a hippie.

I do have a Tacoma.

12. May 22, 2012 at 2:48 PM
    Catbone

Catbone Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oregon - Columbia Gorge
    Vehicle:
    '12 4WD V6 SR5
    DeeZee Bull Bar
    My .02 as a handgun defense instructor: No apparent threat of deadly force=no reason to present a firearm.

13. May 22, 2012 at 2:49 PM
    tacomafide

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    de-badged, de-stickered, no jewlery, level kit (removed after second front dif), tint, skid plate (now dented), front tow hook off of Land Cruzer, reciever d hook (cleavis), yellow wire mod, abs kill sw. mod, window visors, stubby antena, anytime reverse lights mod, anytime reverse camera mod, blizzacks on stealies, bed lights mod, weathertec mats allround,
    <br />
    <br />
    I am far from a hippie.<br />
    <br />
    I do have a Tacoma.

Oh sorry.
    It's just that the only info on ur profile is that u r male, and the only posts you've made have nothing to do with Tacomas.
    Could just be the tapatalk app. For my phone.
    Maybe I'm not getting the full picture.

14. May 22, 2012 at 3:02 PM
    Aw9d

Aw9d That one guy

Member:
    I'd like to see what caused them to chase this guy to begin with.

15. May 22, 2012 at 3:06 PM
    sunflower

Member:
    really ? maybe you need to read my posts again.

16. May 22, 2012 at 8:23 PM
    BakerTaco

BakerTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Lower Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2006 4x4 SR5
    Black UWS Toolbox, Window Tint, Weathertech mats, OME lift: 885x coils, top plate spacer, OME shocks all around, 2 inch AAL driver side trim packer, Toytec diff drop, Grillcraft, Colormatched grille, CHLM, 6000k HIDs - headlights and fogs, Smittybilt shackle hitch, ARB snatch strap, Pioneer avic x940bt headunit,
    SHARK is a fucking joke.. Hunting happens. get over it

17. May 22, 2012 at 8:24 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Did you time travel here from 1967 ?

18. May 22, 2012 at 9:23 PM
    TACOMABOSS

TACOMABOSS Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    96 SR5 4x4
    Bilstein 5100s, Toytec AAL, Deck plate mod, Hella 500ff's, Sportsman Camo seat covers, Total Chaos 1" diff drop, JVC stereo, Painted bumpers and grille, Custom grille insert, HID projectors, Black spray paint
    I agree.

Guy is a puss for pulling a gun. Seems a little over kill but if he has a permit who gives a fuck

19. May 22, 2012 at 9:37 PM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    Could have been.

He didn't want the camera in his face and pushed it away, the male protester may have felt that he was going to hit the female so he could have taken a swing at the guy, overwith before the camera was back on him (and of course the camera conveniently misses the strike).

20. May 22, 2012 at 10:04 PM
    tacomafide

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    Haha right on!

Products Discussed in

To Top