1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

viper 5901

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by zeeohhsix, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Aug 11, 2010 at 7:05 AM
    zeeohhsix

zeeohhsix [OP] Member

Member:
    First let me start of by saying hello im a new guy here and there is a wealth of info on this site.

I recently bought my son a 2005 tacoma acess cab 4x4 for his first car he is 16. He wants a viper 5901 alarm installed well we bought the alarm but are going try and save some money on the install and do it my self. I have searched but havent found any pictures of where the brain and imobilizer was mounted. Also any info if i need relays for the remote starter or door locks would be helpful and any pictures of wiring also. im an electronics tech by trade but this info would make my life much easier. Thanks in advance any info would be greatly appreciated

Oh and here is a pic of his truck

tacoma.jpg

2. Aug 11, 2010 at 7:11 AM
    schiz94

schiz94 Thread Jacker

Member:
    First Name:
    Caleb
    Bellingham,WA
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Reg Cab
    Morimoto Projector Retrofit, alpine cda-105,Wheelskins leather wheel cover, wet okoles,5% tint on back and 24% on front two windows,Debadged tailgate,custom sockmonkey centercap decals, xr rims pced gloss black.
    i would like to know more about install of these too. gotta protect the investment

3. Aug 11, 2010 at 7:17 AM
    erion109

erion109 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jayson
    Nashville
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD SPORT
    Weathertech FR & RR, DDM Tuning HID 55W 5000k Bi-Xenon, ARE topper, Yellow painted fog-lamp mod, anytime fog-lamp, Ipod interface, Red Top OPTIMA, Bilstein 5100s and 1.5 Toytech AAL, Redline Hoodstruts and EZdown tailgate.
    That's a good looking truck. What size lift/tires do you have on it?

4. Aug 11, 2010 at 7:30 AM
    StandingCow

StandingCow Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4x4 V6 access cab
    Jeeze, when I was 16 I had a crappy volkswagon rabbit pickup.... lucky kid... lol. :)

5. Aug 11, 2010 at 7:35 AM
    T0LLPHR33

T0LLPHR33 Well-Known Member

Member:
    S1N C1TY...(from Hilo, HI)...
    Vehicle:
    BSP TRD Off-Road
    APR X-1 | TRD CAI w/Clear Cover | TRD Short Shifter w/ TRD "RED" Shift Knob | SGII w/Blendmount| Snugtop SL w/KeyLess Entry | 5% Tint | Pop-n-Lock | Bosch Icon WB | S2K Antenna | HRM | LS 8K Projectors w/BSP HLM & 8K Fogs w/FLM | Debadged |Tinted Tails | Black Weathertechs | MX RGM & RBM | Optima Red Top 35 | Gatorback Belt |
    most shops that install the immobilizer and brain deep under the dash...easier access to ignition controls...along with being able to hide the brain and immobilizer it makes killing the system a lot harder...

I just got rid of my Viper 5900 and upgraded to the VIPER SMART START for ANDROID OS phones...:D...I'm pretty stoked and will be doing the install again myself...I hide my immobilizer and the brain on opposite side of the dash...and i usually offset it 1 higher and the other lower that way its harder to trace the wiring...

6. Aug 11, 2010 at 7:58 AM
    rb11701

rb11701 Oh yeah!

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    '09 Silver Streak TRD Off-Road
    Rear Suspension TSB, DTRL Mod, aFe Pro-Dry S,USA Spec PA15-TOY iPod Adapter, Dynolock Tailgate Lock, UltraGauge OBDII Scanner, CoverKing Neoprene Seat Covers
    My guy did all the wiring outside the truck. Wrapped in black tape and loom to make it look factory. Stuck the brain way ip on drivers side. My bypass is a card that plugs into the brain so the wiring is nice and neat. Unless I search for it good, I would never know it was aftermarket.

7. Aug 11, 2010 at 9:55 AM
    The Philosophizer

The Philosophizer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    South Bay
    Vehicle:
    10 Tacoma
    nothing yet!
    lol i got a bus pass

8. Aug 11, 2010 at 10:22 AM
    iSTIZO99

iSTIZO99 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Jax, FL
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport 4x4 DC/SB
    That's a nice setup for a 16 yr-old's first car!

Does anyone know if the Viper 59xx locks the doors when ignition is switched on? I'm kinda surprised that the truck doesn't already do this from factory.

9. Aug 11, 2010 at 10:24 AM
    Kyouto42

Kyouto42 Iron Beard

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BSP '10 4x4 TRD Off-Road DC
    See build thread in signature
    Wait wut... Ineed to check this out! Start my truck via my DROID? WIN

10. Aug 11, 2010 at 10:26 AM
    myname150

myname150 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lol i got a 08 DC PreRunner :D

11. Aug 11, 2010 at 10:29 AM
    Pope953

Pope953 That's a fact Jack!

Member:
    First Name:
    Wesley
    Asheville, NC
    Vehicle:
    SR5 Pickup
    35% up front, 20% in the back window tint, 15" Mickey Thompson bullet hole wheels, with 31x10.5 Firestone Destination A/T tires. Glass Pack, High Flow Cat, S&B CAI, Custom Light Bar with 4 fog lights. 2 10" Rockford Fosgate P2 subs with 1000 watt Rockford Fosgate Amp, CB.
    Badass truck man! Looks good as is man!

12. Aug 11, 2010 at 11:17 AM
    zeeohhsix

zeeohhsix [OP] Member

Member:
    Thanks for the comments on the truck and I also wish i had something like that at 16..He is a good kid gets straight a's and me and the wife wanted to reward him. Its an 05 4x4 procomp 6" lift 17" moto metal wheels and 35 mt baha tires, and a westin bull bar. It also has dual exhaust sounds kinda silly on a v6 but hey he likes it

Is thereanyone who has some photo's of the 5901 viper installation????

Oh and here is my truck not near as fancy as my sons but still a tacoma

tacoma.jpg

13. Aug 11, 2010 at 2:14 PM
    Kyouto42

Kyouto42 Iron Beard

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BSP '10 4x4 TRD Off-Road DC
    See build thread in signature
    I haven't had it though a viper 5901 is on my list of things to get done. I'll be getting it done professionally though from a recommended installer that's local. The problem with doing it yourself is Viper most likely will not honor the warranty, and Toyota could also push back on it's warranty with the electrical stuff. LED's are one thing, a security system tapping into the ecu and bypassing the immobilizor is a whole new ball game. Something to consider.

edit: saw it's an 05 so there went that argument :p

14. Sep 25, 2010 at 5:17 PM
    teamfast

teamfast Get busy living, or get busy dying.

Member:
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    Vehicle:
    '10 DCLB
    BFG AT TKO2s 34 x 10.5 x17, Leer 550 Tonneau cover, weather tech digi fit liners, Viper 5901 remote start/security, 2" fr spacer, 3" TC AAL, All Pro IFS skid plate, Trans skid plate & Transfer Case skid plate, 12" roof mounted flip down dvd player, In channel vent visors.
    Getting the 5901 installed next week. They said it would override all the factory keyless etc.

15. Sep 25, 2010 at 5:34 PM
    Daudio

Daudio Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Jersey
    Vehicle:
    '02 SR5
    avic-d1 sirius tuner Ipod adapter
    12 Volts
    Second 12 Volts
    Starter
    Second Starter
    Ignition
    Second Ignition Third Ignition Accessory Second Accessory Third Accessory Keysense
    Data Bus Can Bus High Can Bus Low Can Bus Sw Power Lock Power Unlock Lock Motor Driver Unlock Motor
    Passenger Unlock Motor Parking Lights (-)
    Parking Lights (+)
    Hazards Turn Signal (Left) Turn Signal (Right)
    Headlight
    AutoLights
    Reverse Light
    Left Front Door Trigger Right Front Door Trigger Left Rear Door Trigger Right Rear Door Trigger Dome Supervision
    Trunk/Hatch Pin Rear Glass Pin Hood Pin
    Trunk/Hatch Release Trunk Release Motor Fuel Door Release Power Sliding Door (Left) Power Sliding Door (Right)
    Factory Alarm Arm Factory Alarm Disarm Disarm No Unlock Trunk Alarm Shunt
    Tachometer
    Wait to Start Neutral Safety Clutch Pedal
    Fuel Pump
    Rear Defroster Mirror Defroster Left Front Heated Seat Right Front Heated Seat
    Speed Sense
    Brake Wire
    Parking Brake
    Horn Trigger
    Wipers
    Left Front Window (Up/Down) Right Front Window (Up/Down) Left Rear Window (Up/Down) Right Rear Window (Up/Down) Sun Roof (Open/Close) Sun Roof (Limit/Close)
    Memory Seat 1 Memory Seat 2 Memory Seat 3
    Radio 12V Radio Ground Radio Ignition Radio Illumination Factory Amp Turn-on Power Antenna Left Front Speaker (+/-) Right Front Speaker (+/-) Left Rear Speaker (+/-) Right Rear Speaker (+/-) Center Channel (+/-) Subwoofer (+/-) Aux. Audio Input Left (+/-) Aux. Audio Input Right (+/-) RSE Video (+/-) RSE Audio Left (+/-) RSE Audio Right (+/-) Satellite Radio 12 Volts Satellite Radio Ground Satellite Radio Ignition Satellite Radio Antenna Satellite Audio Left (+/-) Satellite Audio Right (+/-)
    Headunit Left Front Speaker Left Front Tweeter Right Front Speaker Right Front Tweeter Left Rear Speaker Left Rear Tweeter Right Rear Speaker Right Rear Tweeter Center Channel Subwoofer Left Front Headrest Right Front Headrest Left Rear Headrest Right Rear Headrest Satellite Radio Tuner

[​IMG] [​IMG] Wire Color
    Size
    white/blue (50A)
    white/red (30A)
    green/black
    black/white
    black/red
    blue/yellow N/A white/green N/A N/A green/black
    pink/green (RX), lt. green/red (TX) yellow/black blue/white N/A purple green/black (double pulse) blue/red blue/black
    blue/black green
    green
    red/white or white red/black (F), blue/black (R) red/yellow (F), blue/yellow(R)
    pink

red/white
    green/white (ajar indicator)

blue
    N/A
    N/A
    N/A

N/A

arms with lock disarms with unlock use key sense wire

black/white
    N/A

purple/white
    blue
    green/yellow
    green/red
    blue/black (L), blue/red (H)
    blue - blue/black blue/yellow - black green/white - green/red green/black - green N/A N/A
    N/A N/A N/A
    blue/yellow brown gray green N/A N/A pink - purple lt. green - blue black - yellow red - white

[​IMG] [​IMG] Polarity
    Depth
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +

-
    data data data
    - - 5wi 5wi
    5wi -
    +
    - + +
    -

+
    -

-

ac

+
    -
    -
    +
    A A A A

+ - + +

+,- +,- +,- +,-

[​IMG] [​IMG] Wire Location
    ignition harness
    ignition harness
    ignition harness
    ignition harness
    ignition harness
    ignition harness

ignition harness
    Immobilizer Module, 7 pin plug, pins 4 and 5 data link connector under driver dash, pin 6 data link connector under driver dash, pin 14
    driver kick, 10 pin plug, pin 4 driver kick, 10 pin plug, pin 8 driver kick, 12 pin plug, pin 10 driver kick, 10 pin plug, pin 9
    passenger kick, 10 pin plug, pin 5 headlight switch or BECU, pin 13
    fuse box, 13 pin plug, pin 10
    switch or turn signal flasher,pin 10 turn signal flasher, pins 4 and 5 turn signal flasher, pins 2 and 3
    headlight switch or BECU, pin 17

driver kick, gray 12 pin plug, pin 1
    instrument cluster or BECU, pin 4

fuse box, black 13 pin plug, pin 9

data link connector, pin 9

fuse box, black 13 pin plug, pin 5
    fuse box, 11 pin plug, pin 2
    fuse box, 18 pin plug, pin 5
    fuse box, 18 pin plug, pin 10
    windshield wiper switch
    driver window switch in door driver kick, 12 pin plug, pins 2, 3 driver kick, 12 pin plug, pins 7, 1 driver kick, 12 pin plug, pins 5, 6

radio harness radio harness radio harness radio harness

radio harness or amplifier radio harness or amplifier radio harness or amplifier radio harness or amplifier

[​IMG] [​IMG] Photo
    Photo

[​IMG] [​IMG] Note
    Note

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Interface Modules [​IMG] Click here for the complete list of interface products available for this vehicle! [​IMG]
    Smart Starter Kill Relay Click photo to view a larger version
    (*** not all photos have a larger version)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Relay Type: Part #: OE Relay Part #: Location: [​IMG] EFI Relay 6413A Engine compartment fusebox, Driver side Notes: n/a Alternate Part Notes: n/a

haha, that didnt copy and paste well. ill see if i can find you another schematic

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Sep 25, 2010 at 5:36 PM
    Daudio

Daudio Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Jersey
    Vehicle:
    '02 SR5
    12volts wht/blue (50A), wht/red (30A) + ignition harness Starter green/black + ignition harness Second Starter black/white + ignition harness Ignition black/red + ignition harness Second Ignition blue/yellow + ignition harness Third Ignition N/A Accessory white/green + ignition harness Second Accessory N/A Keysense green/black - ignition harness Notes: Using the status output from the remote start to trigger this wire will disarm the factory alarm without unlocking the doors.Power Lock purple - driver kick, 10 pin plug, pin 4 Notes: Meter this wire while turning the key in the driver door key cylinder.Power Unlock green/black (double pulse) - driver kick, 10 pin plug, pin 8 Notes: Meter this wire while turning the key in the driver door key cylinder.

Can also use the passenger door key cylinder unlock wire, which only requires a single pulse. It is pink (-), in the passenger kick, 10 pin plug, pin 4.Lock Motor blue/red 5wi driver kick, 12 pin plug, pin 10 Unlock Motor blue/black 5wi driver kick, 10 pin plug, pin 9 Parking Lights+ green + fuse box, 13 pin plug, pin 10 Parking Lights- green - headlight switch or BECU, pin 13 Notes: The Body ECU is attached to the back of the fuse box. It has a single 26 pin plug.Hazards red/white or white - switch or turn signal flasher,pin 10Notes: The turn signal flasher is behind the fuse box.Turn Signal(L) red/black (F), blue/black (R) + turn signal flasher, pins 4 and 5 Notes: The turn signal flasher is behind the fuse box.

On models without daytime running lights, the blue/black triggers the front and rear turn signals.Turn Signal(R) red/yellow (F), blue/yellow(R) + turn signal flasher, pins 2 and 3 Notes: The turn signal flasher is behind the fuse box.

On models without daytime running lights, the blue/yellow triggers the front and rear turn signals.Reverse Light red/white + driver kick, gray 12 pin plug, pin 1Door Trigger green/white (ajar indicator) - instrument cluster or BECU, pin 4 Notes: The Body ECU is attached to the back of the fuse box. It has a single 26 pin plug.

The individual door trigger wires are at the fuse box. The LF door is green/yellow in an 18 pin plug, pin 7. The RF door is red/black in a 22 pin plug on the back, pin 8. The rear doors are pink/black in an 18 pin plug, pin 6. Use all three wires and diode isolate each.Dome Supervision blue - fuse box, black 13 pin plug, pin 9 Trunk/Hatch Pin N/A Hood Pin N/A Trunk/Hatch Release N/A Power Sliding Door N/A Factory Alarm Arm arms with lock Factory Alarm Disarm disarms with unlock Disarm No Unlock use key sense wire Tachometer black/white ac data link connector, pin 9 Notes: The data link connector is under the driver side dash.

Also found at the ECM behind the glove box, second plug from the bottom, pin 1.Wait to start N/A Brake Wire blue + fuse box, 11 pin plug, pin 2 Parking Brake green/yellow - fuse box, 18 pin plug, pin 5 Horn Trigger green/red - fuse box, 18 pin plug, pin 10 Memory Seat 1 N/A Memory Seat 2 N/A Memory Seat 3 N/A [​IMG] Immobilizer Bypass Module:Required: YesType: TransponderPart #: 556U or 555UNotes: Standard on V6 models.

[​IMG] This wiring information is being provided free of charge on an "as is" basis, without any representation or warranty. It is your responsibility to verify any circuit before interfacing with it using a digital multimeter.
    Directed electronics, Inc. assumes no responsibility with regards to the accuracy or currency of this information. Proper installation in every case is and remains the responsibility of the installer. DEI assumes no liability or responsibility resulting from improper installation, even in reliance upon this information.

17. Sep 25, 2010 at 5:39 PM
    Daudio

Daudio Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Jersey
    Vehicle:
    '02 SR5
    thats a little jumbled but it has what you need. If you want to look at it with a little more ease go to www.the12volt.com. If you bench prep the alarm/RS before you start the job you will save yourself a lot of hassle. Pull the wires you dont need and route all the ones you do to the places that they are going. Good luck and if you have any questions PM me, I've installed this unit into this truck many times.

Products Discussed in

To Top