1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Viper Remote Start

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by shaff33, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Jan 30, 2010 at 4:13 PM
    DrRabbitFurHead

DrRabbitFurHead Yeah, there's a TSB for that!

Member:
    Salem, VA
    Vehicle:
    X-treme Off Road Edition (4x4)
    Icon Extended Travel Coil Overs, Fox Rear Resi 8-Way Adjustable Shocks, Light Racing UCA's, OME Rear Leafs, M/T Classic Locks 17x9, Nitto T/G (285/70/R17), 5mm Billet Aluminum Spacers, Demello Sliders, All Pro Front Plate Bumper & IFS Skid Plate, PIAA 510's, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, O2 sims, Rear Timbren's & U-Bolt Flip Kit , 3* Rear Axel Shims, Extended Rear Brake Lines, 48" Hi-Lift with a ton of accessories, Wet Okoles, TRD bed mat, Borla Air Filter, Garmin Nuvi 765T, Viper 5901 remote start, 50% tint.
    My 5901 remote is on week 3 of the first charge. The manual also tells me how to lock the remote when it's in my pocket. It tells the inside temp and all that stuff too, don't know why you all are putting it down???

2. Jan 30, 2010 at 9:42 PM
    Rhino8541

Rhino8541 I like ze best!

Member:
    WA
    Vehicle:
    2017 QS DCSB OR
    Got the 5902 installed today. Love it so far. Still learning all the features.

3. Feb 2, 2010 at 8:48 PM
    RTG

RTG Well-Known Member

Member:
    League City, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD Sport SRR5, Long Bed
    6" Fabtech Dirt Logic, PA15-TOY IPOD adapter, UltraGauge, CravenSpeed 2" antena, 17x9 Moto Metal Wheels, 35sx12.5 Yokohama Geolander M/T tires, Removed second filter, Pop&Lock, Bed Extender, Bug Deflector, Grill Craft, Two 12" Rockford Fosgate punch sub enclosure, Kicker Amp, 5902 Viper Remote start, Tint (20% all around), Power Slot Rotor, NFAB Step Bars, AFE Pro Dry S Air Filter, Wet Okole seat covers, akebono brake pads, Foglights Mod,Bushwacker fender flares,Homeblaster trainhorn.
    I got mine 5902 installed last week and i love it so far.Now, does anybody know how to adjust the sensitivity of the alarm? and what it should cover? 'cause i was kicking the wheels and nothing happended. It's exempt? I dont think that i should by an extra sensor fot it. Already paid to much money. Thanks in advance for the replies .

4. Feb 2, 2010 at 9:17 PM
    EricT

EricT Well-Known Member

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    '09 4x4 shortbed TRD Sport
    You have to have the truck unarmed, then go into the admin mode - I think by holding the scroll wheel button thingy in - check your manual. There is a sensitivity adjustment, but I dont know if a bigger or smaller number increases the sensitivity. If you figure it out, let us know, I need to dial mine up too. Although I did get the glass breakage and the tilt sensors as well.

5. Feb 3, 2010 at 9:54 AM
    RTG

RTG Well-Known Member

Member:
    League City, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD Sport SRR5, Long Bed
    6" Fabtech Dirt Logic, PA15-TOY IPOD adapter, UltraGauge, CravenSpeed 2" antena, 17x9 Moto Metal Wheels, 35sx12.5 Yokohama Geolander M/T tires, Removed second filter, Pop&Lock, Bed Extender, Bug Deflector, Grill Craft, Two 12" Rockford Fosgate punch sub enclosure, Kicker Amp, 5902 Viper Remote start, Tint (20% all around), Power Slot Rotor, NFAB Step Bars, AFE Pro Dry S Air Filter, Wet Okole seat covers, akebono brake pads, Foglights Mod,Bushwacker fender flares,Homeblaster trainhorn.
    Yes, with the truck unarmed, press and hold the scroll wheel for about 3 seconds, then go to adjustment features and then you'll be able to adjust the sensitivity, (the bigger number(15) increase the sensitivity) dont forget to saved it but still kicking the wheels and nothing happended. It is normal? Does somebody tried that before? I called Tech support and they said it suppose to cover all around the truck and the wheels as well.

6. Feb 3, 2010 at 10:45 AM
    Rhino8541

Rhino8541 I like ze best!

Member:
    WA
    Vehicle:
    2017 QS DCSB OR
    Mine is at 15, and you have to hit it decently hard to get any reaction, I'm guessing the wheels are absorbing a good amount of shock, but even when hitting my sliders it sometimes won't do anything. I'm gonna talk to the installer about adding my other shock sensor to see if that will help. I need to go back anyway.

Products Discussed in

To Top