1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

virus/trojan/worm help?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by dylandercole, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Feb 10, 2010 at 3:17 PM
    airsoft_warrior

airsoft_warrior Batman

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Edgewater, Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma DCLB Limited
    TRD Performance Exhaust
    Widows police pro is a virus like that and it sucked. It caused to PC to take so long to load up and it disabled the Task Manager. I tried letting it sit after I tried executing MBAM and finally it started and It started running. The problem then was that the PC wouldnt stay on long enough to run the program. I had to scan for a few minutes then stop scan and delete the 700 viruses then restart the scan and go for another 200 or so. Finally it stopped shutting down and everything went back to normal.

2. Feb 10, 2010 at 3:18 PM
    tacobell007

tacobell007 Western Mass Automotive Coatings

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Western MA
    Vehicle:
    06 Regular Cab Lifted
    Eibach springs, OME Dakars, Walker Evans remote resi coilovers with adjustable dampening, Icon tubular uniball UCAs, Icon ext travel rear shocks, Kenwood in-dash nav receiver, Kicker 10 inch sub in a ported truck box, Alpine 250 watt amp, stickers, Rigid 32" gang box, LED tool box lights, 35% tint, Flowmaster Super 44 muffler, 35x12.5x17 Mastercraft Courser MXT's, Fuel Off-Road Trophy d551 in 17x8.5, Retros, white corner marker bulbs, color matched front grille, custom satoshi grille mod with matching Toyota badge, aFe Pro5R drop in filter, diff breather mod, new frame from recall, SOS concepts front plate, SOS concepts rear high clearance plate with swing out and full size spare, SOS bolt-on sliders with kickout, 22" LED bar, flush mount pods in rear plate bumper for aux reverse lights, Rigid Industries dually's on SOS ditch light brackets, 5.29 Nitro gears, ARB front air locker, Detroit locker in the rear
    change the name of it. that how I got it to work on my parents computer

3. Feb 10, 2010 at 3:20 PM
    airsoft_warrior

airsoft_warrior Batman

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Edgewater, Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma DCLB Limited
    TRD Performance Exhaust
    that does work sometimes. The virus then doesnt recognize it as a threat.

4. Feb 10, 2010 at 3:23 PM
    tacobell007

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Western MA
    Vehicle:
    06 Regular Cab Lifted
    Eibach springs, OME Dakars, Walker Evans remote resi coilovers with adjustable dampening, Icon tubular uniball UCAs, Icon ext travel rear shocks, Kenwood in-dash nav receiver, Kicker 10 inch sub in a ported truck box, Alpine 250 watt amp, stickers, Rigid 32" gang box, LED tool box lights, 35% tint, Flowmaster Super 44 muffler, 35x12.5x17 Mastercraft Courser MXT's, Fuel Off-Road Trophy d551 in 17x8.5, Retros, white corner marker bulbs, color matched front grille, custom satoshi grille mod with matching Toyota badge, aFe Pro5R drop in filter, diff breather mod, new frame from recall, SOS concepts front plate, SOS concepts rear high clearance plate with swing out and full size spare, SOS bolt-on sliders with kickout, 22" LED bar, flush mount pods in rear plate bumper for aux reverse lights, Rigid Industries dually's on SOS ditch light brackets, 5.29 Nitro gears, ARB front air locker, Detroit locker in the rear
    worked for a Trojan Horse :thumbsup:

5. Feb 10, 2010 at 4:24 PM
    dylandercole

dylandercole [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Santa Cruz Mountains, CA
    Vehicle:
    03 SR5 TRD 4x4 5-speed
    sway-a-way 2.0 coilovers, 1.5'' AAL, 1'' toytec shackle lift, Go-Rhino 3000 Grille Guard, Kicker KS6502 speakers, JVC KD-S24 Head unit, billstein 5125 rear shocks, Deck Plate mod, K&N air filter, Wheelers offroad front and rear braided brake lines, diff breather mod, power slot rotors, ebc yellow stuff pads
    I tried changing the name of it. you mean just right clicking on it and pressing rename right?

6. Feb 10, 2010 at 4:55 PM
    4low2go

4low2go Well-Known Member

Member:
    Coatesville, PA
    Vehicle:
    10 RC 4x4 5sp MGM
    Curt hitch, OBX Shift
    Run two computers. One for the internet, with the bare essentials, and another for any other software etc. When you get a bug, run "Wipedrive" which re-writes the entire hard drive, then reinstall windows. Most of the bugs these days are very difficult to get rid of, and no virus software repairs all the damage they have done while they were visiting. On your new setup, disable remote assistance, system restore (most bugs do this anyway so you can't go back), "allow no exceptions" through your firewall, and allow no software to automatically update, including windows. It takes a few hours to wipedrive and reinstall, but it is less than fighting bugs "dug in like an Alabama tick" (Predator). A quicker way is to swap in a new hard drive. FWIW

7. Feb 10, 2010 at 4:55 PM
    tacobell007

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Western MA
    Vehicle:
    06 Regular Cab Lifted
    I believe or it was when downloading it and changed the name of the file before downloading. I forget which

8. Feb 10, 2010 at 5:09 PM
    jdwoodie

jdwoodie Member

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 DB LB Tacoma
    If all else fails download this 30-day trial of Kaspersky. I'm an electrical engineer / software programmer so I'm always getting calls from people on how to get rid of viruses, and most of the time I suggest reformatting because in the end you'll be more satisfied. However, this program has gotten rid of viruses that Norton, Panda, Avast, AVG, and McAfee wouldn't even touch. In fact most of the people who I've had to deal with in the past now use Kaspersky as their Anti-Virus software and never seem to have any problems. The Russians know what their doing...

http://usa.kaspersky.com/downloads/trial-versions.php

9. Feb 10, 2010 at 5:22 PM
    MurphMan

MurphMan Senility Rocks!

Member:
    First Name:
    Murph
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    '08 Tacoma TRD Sport
    * AFE Stage 2 XP CAI System * Westin Platinum Series Black Step Bars * TruXedo Lo Pro QT Soft Roll-Up Tonneau * Dee Zee Heavyweight Truck Bed Mat * WeatherTech Extreme-Duty Floor Liners * WeatherTech In-Channel Window Visors * Sony Xplod CDX-GT81UW Receiver * Sony Xplod 2-way speakers * Boss Audio BASS600 Amplified Subwoofer * Billet Grille Mod
    Dylan, go back to bleeping computer (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-internet-security-2010) and scroll half way down the page and look for the section: Automated Removal Instructions for Internet Security 2010 using Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. Pay close attention to steps 2 and 3. This is where you might be tripping up.

10. Feb 10, 2010 at 5:58 PM
    dylandercole

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Santa Cruz Mountains, CA
    Vehicle:
    03 SR5 TRD 4x4 5-speed
    sway-a-way 2.0 coilovers, 1.5'' AAL, 1'' toytec shackle lift, Go-Rhino 3000 Grille Guard, Kicker KS6502 speakers, JVC KD-S24 Head unit, billstein 5125 rear shocks, Deck Plate mod, K&N air filter, Wheelers offroad front and rear braided brake lines, diff breather mod, power slot rotors, ebc yellow stuff pads
    your the f'ing man murph.

11. Feb 10, 2010 at 7:55 PM
    dylandercole

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Santa Cruz Mountains, CA
    Vehicle:
    03 SR5 TRD 4x4 5-speed
    im telling you iv tried fallowing those directions word for word. iv actually gone backwards. I uninstalled malwarebytes thinking maybe it got messed up and now the installer wont open. I took it off and re downloaded it and it still wont work. im totaly lost. all of you have been helpful im just failing at this prety hard

12. Feb 10, 2010 at 8:19 PM
    w3tw0rks

w3tw0rks Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alvin
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    04 Xtracab 4x4
    Hey Dylan! I'm gonna make your life a whole lot easier man. I live in San Jose and I do this for a living. You can take your comp to my place and I'll fix it for you. Whenever I run into this problem I prefer reinstalling Windows from scratch...I feel it's easier and faster and for sure ALL the bad crap is gone. I'd go to your place but I was planning to install my Demello rear hybrid bumper...hey maybe you can help me out!

I'll pm you my number if you'd like me to help.

-Alvin

13. Feb 10, 2010 at 8:32 PM
    Snipe

Snipe Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pacific NW
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Off Road
    rep for you :)

14. Feb 10, 2010 at 8:41 PM
    dylandercole

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Santa Cruz Mountains, CA
    Vehicle:
    03 SR5 TRD 4x4 5-speed
    +1 rep from me as well. let me knwo if you want to meet up for bumper install/computer demolition!

15. Feb 10, 2010 at 8:54 PM
    w3tw0rks

w3tw0rks Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alvin
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    04 Xtracab 4x4
    I just PM'd you. I plan to install it this Saturday morning...so if that works for you you can come on by. I actually was checking out PreRunnerSeth's wrenchathon and was gonna go. But it was like "hook up with a girl in Vegas" or work on the truck??? It was really really close...but I HAVE to go to Vegas!!!! I hope was hoping to be like the 100th!! truck heading to his place...but I'll come out next time.

Products Discussed in

To Top