1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Volant CAI for the 2.7L

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by BanditTheTacoma, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Jan 20, 2017 at 8:37 AM
    BanditTheTacoma

BanditTheTacoma [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eve
    Ocala, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Silver 2009 Single cab 4x4 5-speed
    Tough Country 4" uniball lift, 285/70/17 Nitto terra grapplers, Volant cold air intake, Magnaflow exhaust, lots of stickers
    So I did a thing and put an intake on my 4banger, it sounds great now! The kit took a little adjusting, I'm not sure why but supposedly better mpg and more HP, so we shall see! It at least looks cool, lol.

IMG_0306.jpg

2. Jan 20, 2017 at 1:54 PM
    VagabondWoodMonk

VagabondWoodMonk Member

Member:
    Northern KY
    Vehicle:
    14 Base 4x4 4banger With Mucho Stuffis
    4.88 regear, ARB lockers, Icon/OME suspension, FabFours f/r bumpers, battery iso kit feeding aux lithium cells, marine inverter, AutoHome Columbus popper, (ExoCage / armor / solar array in progress)
    I'm interested to see how this works for you. My lil 2.7 just went over 100k and I celebrated by sending it to the local offroad shop for a new suspension, bumpers and a winch. Was thinking about doing a CAI myself. :)

3. Jan 20, 2017 at 5:31 PM
    BanditTheTacoma

BanditTheTacoma [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eve
    Ocala, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Silver 2009 Single cab 4x4 5-speed
    Tough Country 4" uniball lift, 285/70/17 Nitto terra grapplers, Volant cold air intake, Magnaflow exhaust, lots of stickers
    You can definitely tell the difference. I'm not really worried about getting it onto a dyno just yet, but it has more get-up-and-go for sure! It did take a few alterations, which I thought was a bit strange, but I'm satisfied with it. I'll update later when I've figured out if the gas mileage has improved (with the way I drive though, that's unlikely lol)

Products Discussed in

To Top