1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

VSC Question '09 4x4

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by mcgiiver, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Dec 7, 2009 at 5:24 AM
    mcgiiver

mcgiiver [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Princeton, NJ
    Vehicle:
    2009 Access cab 4x4, 4 cyl, stick
    Aftermarket Driving Lights, Hidden Hitch, Removed rear headrests, Side protective moldings, vacuum gauge, Scan Gauge, Leer cap.
    Been waiting for some slippery conditions to test out the Trac, VSC, ABS Auto LSD. I took a turn fast to try to force a slide (m in 2wd) , and the VSC and Auto LSD lights came on. No beeping at all. The VSC light light went out right away, but the Auto LSD light stayed on until I tapped the VSC Off button. Is this normal, Auto LSD light staying on and no beeping?

2. Dec 7, 2009 at 6:13 AM
    NAYo2002

NAYo2002 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Great Falls, MT
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Off Road
    Michelin LTX A/T2, TRD Skid Plate, WeatherTech DigiFit Liners, OEM Bed Extender, OEM Bed mat, Advantage TorzaTop Trifold Tonneau, Pop & Lock PL5300
    No, that's not normal. When VSC kicks in, it should sound multiple short beeps. Only time Auto LSD should come on is if you activate it by pressing the VSC button. Auto LSD does nothing in a skid, and the manual says it turns off automatically above certain speed. Some TW member said it was 9mph.

Refer to owner manual for lights staying on. I believe it said to take it to the dealer.

3. Dec 7, 2009 at 6:50 AM
    z33tec

z33tec Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester, NY
    Vehicle:
    09 4X4 Access Cab 4cyl
    Doesn't sound normal. There should be no manual intervention of having to push the VSC button to turn the light off. The VSC light should flicker on while it's working and then shut off right after. Nothing should stay on unless you press the VSC button first which I believe turns on the auto-lsd (haven't done it since last winter.)

4. Jan 6, 2010 at 8:30 PM
    David K

David K Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Marcos, Alta California
    Vehicle:
    2010 4WD Off Road DC
    Differential Breather Mod Light Bar: 2 Hella 4000 HID, 1 Cibie Halogen. Bilstein 5100s Ride Rite Air Bags
    Hope this helps!:

To Top