1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

W8N4MUD's build

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by w8n4mud, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Oct 31, 2009 at 9:33 PM
    w8n4mud

w8n4mud [OP] I'm back.

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    Chula Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma Off Road DCSB
    Stock. Purchased 2/17/19. Cement!
    No worries man. It was purchased from the dealership. I don't have the part number anymore, but it was from an older FJ model. It's about 14 inches in length. Much larger than that of a current FJ. BTW, if you can make out the part number on the picture, write it down. [​IMG]

2. Oct 31, 2009 at 10:17 PM
    w8n4mud

w8n4mud [OP] I'm back.

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    Chula Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    Relocated the horns during the Grillcraft mod. See the details and my build on page 1. Let me know what you think. Laters!
    [​IMG]

3. Oct 31, 2009 at 10:22 PM
    jefferson

jefferson needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    San Diego (North Park!), CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    toyota brand hitch and uhaul wiring harness, fog lamps on anytime, bed lamps, map lights on with dome, day time running lamps, remove secondary air filter, painted bumper grill, Double Din touch screen stereo, Sockmonkey custom SR5 decal, door & seatbelt bells disabled, painted engine cover, installed compass/temperature overhead console, failed mod: passenger side auto down window switches, weathertech front mats, RedLine hood struts, Cheap Beep piezo buzzer locking beep, 5100s in the front set at 2.5, 5100s in the rear, AAL, hitch safe, revenge fab sliders, bed bar, prerunner light, cb wired
    I need to find a color matched grill.. then we know what i'm doin next!

4. Oct 31, 2009 at 10:30 PM
    w8n4mud

w8n4mud [OP] I'm back.

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    Chula Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    You know it! Perhaps a CB mount is in order as well? I can start getting one ready for you as well man. Just say the word.

5. Oct 31, 2009 at 10:46 PM
    jefferson

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    toyota brand hitch and uhaul wiring harness, fog lamps on anytime, bed lamps, map lights on with dome, day time running lamps, remove secondary air filter, painted bumper grill, Double Din touch screen stereo, Sockmonkey custom SR5 decal, door & seatbelt bells disabled, painted engine cover, installed compass/temperature overhead console, failed mod: passenger side auto down window switches, weathertech front mats, RedLine hood struts, Cheap Beep piezo buzzer locking beep, 5100s in the front set at 2.5, 5100s in the rear, AAL, hitch safe, revenge fab sliders, bed bar, prerunner light, cb wired
    YES YES YES! I do for sure want a permanent mount! lets make it happen!

6. Oct 31, 2009 at 10:51 PM
    w8n4mud

w8n4mud [OP] I'm back.

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    Chula Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    Its on like Donky Kong! I'm getting better at them. :D Yours should look just as nice as this one.

7. Oct 31, 2009 at 10:54 PM
    jefferson

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    i saw that earlier, it looks amazing! I gotta get one. where does the cable go inside of the cab? Like, where do you store it away at?

8. Oct 31, 2009 at 11:07 PM
    TRICOMA

TRICOMA Tacoma with the TRI package

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DC SB 4x4 TRD Off Road
    King Off-Road Shock Coilover 2.5 with Resi in the front. King Off-Road Shocks 2.5 with Resi's for the rears, Rear Spring TSB, KMC XD Enduros 16x8, Black Vinyl Fenders, Bed compartment locks, Cobra 19 DX IV with Lil Wil mag mount antenna, CoverKing Seat covers front and rear, Built Right UCAs, Aluminess Expedition Bumper, GY Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar 265/75-16, Custom hybrid style rock sliders.
    Damn your truck looks nice...awesome progression.

PM'd u about the CB.

Tri

9. Oct 31, 2009 at 11:08 PM
    jefferson

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    i'm excited dude !

10. Oct 31, 2009 at 11:17 PM
    w8n4mud

w8n4mud [OP] I'm back.

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    Chula Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    Your excess cable will either go under the seat if you run it through the grommet under the cab OR the excess cable can go under the dash if you run it through the fire wall. It all depends. Both are good. Your decision is going to be based on where you want it installed.

As far as the excited part... Hold on there cowboy. :p One thing at a time. Haha.

11. Nov 1, 2009 at 6:21 AM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    Damn nice truck! I love all the little details you've added, like the blacked out hood scoop! You've definetly got one of the sicest looking trucks on here :thumbsup:

12. Nov 1, 2009 at 6:40 AM
    28Gauge

28Gauge Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Grapevine, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5
    Sockmonkey Graphics, K&N Drop In Air Filter, 265/75/16 Bridgestone Dueler A/T's, Weathertech Digital Fit Floor Mats, Dee Zee Bed Mat, Map Light/Dome Light LED's, Flo-Pro Muffler w/Stainless Steel Tip, Dome Light/Map Light Mod, Mobil 1 Synthetic Motor Oil, LED Cupholder Mod, Grillcraft with TOYOTA emblem, Vision 375 Warrior Wheels, Extra Bed D Ring Mod, TRD Skidplate, Bilstein 5100's on all four corners, Front 5100's set at zero with Eibach springs, Toytec 1.5" rear TSB add-a-leaf springs, Toytec swaybar relocate kit, Katzkin Leather Seating, Front Window Tint
    I'm loving your truck. The grill mod with the TOYOTA emblem looks fantastic! How much was it to Line-X the skid plate?

13. Nov 1, 2009 at 7:41 AM
    w8n4mud

w8n4mud [OP] I'm back.

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    Chula Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    Wow! :eek: I never thought Id hear those words about my ride. Thank you. I know there are a lot more trucks that are nicer than mine, but I will eventually get there. Thanks again.

Thank you. The cost to get the skid plate Line-X'd was $50 (that's per side) and $75 for the bumper valence if you were interested in going that route. You have the option for a UV coating for an additional charge.

14. Nov 1, 2009 at 8:30 AM
    jefferson

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    haha The grommet under the cab would be fine. I dont have my CB mounted permanently (kinda just toss it in my cup holders and hold it down with a hackiesack!) so that would work out great. I have some extra cable, so i'll bring it next minimodmeet OR whenever you're ready to help out :D

15. Nov 1, 2009 at 8:35 AM
    w8n4mud

w8n4mud [OP] I'm back.

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    Chula Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    So you already have the antenna too? What kind? Magnet mount or a firestick type? Reason being, you may not need a mount.

16. Nov 1, 2009 at 8:37 AM
    jefferson

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    i have a magnet, but it was only temporary when we went offroading (just needed something!) you can kinda see it in my avatar/user icon

17. Nov 1, 2009 at 8:41 AM
    w8n4mud

w8n4mud [OP] I'm back.

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    Chula Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    Are you buying a firestick then? I don't need it right away to do the install. Although it would be cool to have to tune after we're all said and done. Start brewing. Haha.

18. Nov 1, 2009 at 8:43 AM
    jefferson

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    i'll pick one up and the leather and brew supplies!

19. Nov 1, 2009 at 8:46 AM
    Edrin55

Edrin55 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Chula Vista, CA (Eastlake)
    Vehicle:
    2010 Magnetic Gray TRD Sport Access Cab
    Avid Off Road Light Bar Line-X'd, Black Sand Pearl Hood Scoope, Truck Covers USA metal roll up bed cover, Thule Custom lockable light bar, TRD Sport Exhaust, Line-X'd TRD skid plate, Slee Off Road Sliders, Upgraded 3.5" Rearview Mirror/Monitor, Anytime Foglight Mod. (TY Jeff), Smoked Foglights, SilverStar Headlight & Foglight Bulbs, Tinted windows all around, Vent visors, Bed mat with security mod, Wet Okoles front & back, Race/Sport Pedals, Tailgate Clamps, PopNLcok 5300 Tailgate Lock, All weather mats, Helo 17x8 Hubcentric Rims & BFG All Terrain 265/70/17, Blisteins 5100's all around with mini leaf add to the rears, AFE Pro Dry drop in filter, Go Rhino Hitch Step, TRD License Plate Frames and Tire Valve Covers. GrillCraft MX Mesh upper and lower grills with "old school TOYOTA" FJ emblem, Cobra CB Radio, Firestick CB Antenna with custom mount.
    Hey Guys.... I smell a Thanks for Giving Mod day coming up??? :D

20. Nov 1, 2009 at 8:49 AM
    jefferson

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    need time and place y0

Products Discussed in

To Top