1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wait for TRD offroad or get trd sport?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by rsbmg, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Feb 1, 2011 at 8:34 AM
    ink junky

ink junky I love tacos too!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    TACO LOVER
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 trd off road DC,
    Aero turbine 2525, Snorkel, AFE pro dry drop in filter, BFG 33s, spydertraxwheel spacers :/. Debadged, rebadged black, TW sticker :D, bed lights, rod holders, OEM roof rack, Complete OME lift, bed lined fenders. Armor Tech Off road wrap around HC rear bumper w/ tire carrier swing out. Relentless front aluminum bumper. Le Devil Horns (_)

are you quoting one of the many people who read the first post with out reading the next 8 pages and input their late ass opinion? :confused:

:rofl: :D

2. Feb 1, 2011 at 8:39 AM
    TexMexTaco

TexMexTaco Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD OR 4x4 Manual
    I live in TX, found the exact truck I wanted online at a dealership in Oregon. There's no taxes in OR and I registered/licensed it in SD where I'm still a resident because I'm in the military. The taxes are half in SD than TX. I bought it, waited 5 weeks for it to get here. I'm happy I waited because I got exactly what I wanted. If there's one that you particularly want, go for that one and you'll be happy you did. The wait may seem long, but a month after you have it you'll forget the wait.

3. Feb 1, 2011 at 8:40 AM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    I agree OP , you should get an Offroad , if possible . :)

4. Feb 1, 2011 at 8:45 AM
    ink junky

Member:
    First Name:
    TACO LOVER
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    Aero turbine 2525, Snorkel, AFE pro dry drop in filter, BFG 33s, spydertraxwheel spacers :/. Debadged, rebadged black, TW sticker :D, bed lights, rod holders, OEM roof rack, Complete OME lift, bed lined fenders. Armor Tech Off road wrap around HC rear bumper w/ tire carrier swing out. Relentless front aluminum bumper. Le Devil Horns (_)

Yea like him ^^^^

:D

5. Feb 1, 2011 at 8:48 AM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    ;)

6. Feb 1, 2011 at 9:56 AM
    rsbmg

rsbmg [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vista,CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma Doublecab TRD Offroad
    Front Aluminum bumper by Relentless Fab. Smittybuilt Winch Complete set of skids by ATO TC UCA's Fox Ext. Travel Front Reservoirs.
  7. Feb 8, 2011 at 10:25 AM
    vsick

vsick Well-Known Member

Member:
    What's going on everyone. I have been perusing the forums here for the past couple of days. I am going to trade my 05 subaru legacy for a taco. I thought I was set on a doublecab shortbed 4x4 SR5 (since I am cheap I thought I wanted SR5), but after reading some more I think I might want a OR or a Sport instead.

Maybe you guys can help me decide.

The type of driving I do:
    Lots of city/fwy driving. I am in Tahoe 8-10 times a year in the winter. Is the sport pretty much a cosmetic upgrade over the SR5? The OR Seems much more like a functional upgrade, considering the traction control and other trail/off road features I read about.

Also, out of the 3 SR5, Off Road, Sport what type of ride quality should I expect driving on city streets?

I also plan to take this truck on a road trip to canadia(winter) and a trip from SF-DC next year if that helps the decision.

For me price does matter, but if I am paying for something functional that will get me out of trouble on the road it is worth it for me.

8. Feb 8, 2011 at 10:39 AM
    ink junky

Member:
    First Name:
    TACO LOVER
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    Dude you just answered your own question. Get the TRD OR :cool:

Oh and Welcome to TW :D

9. Feb 10, 2011 at 2:59 AM
    jocruz

jocruz Member

Member:
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 LB MGM TRD Sport
    it'd be nice if the packages were more flexible. i wanted the double cab for the seating comfort and i needed a long bed. downside, theres no OR for DCLB so i have the sport. i like the looks of the sport package (key colored trim) but i would've liked the features in the OR package.

10. Feb 10, 2011 at 3:13 AM
    Tepidy

Tepidy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ted
    upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    11 tacoma 4x4
    Toytec Coil Overs 3.00" DSM UCA's (Desert Products) TSB 4 Leaf w/AAL by Pro Comp Bilstein 5100 rear 1"ToyTec SwayBar Drops 1" diff drop Detroit Trutrac Rear Diff Nitro 4.56 Gears Doug Thornley Header MagnaFlow Cat Back Exhaust Custom Built Rear Plate Bumper Custom Built Front Plate Bumper 4X Innovations Rock Sliders ATO Front Skid BAMF Rear Diff Skid Uniden 510XL Pro CB Raceline Renegades BF Goodrich Mud Terrains KM2's 265x75x16 WeatherTechs Rear Diff breather Relocate Intake Resonator Removed Yellow Wire Mod
    either wait for the off road or save a ton of money and get an SR5 and take the money you saved and upgrade it yourself for off road.

11. Feb 10, 2011 at 5:49 AM
    Bloom

Bloom Well-Known Member

Member:
    NASCAR, North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2011 BR DC TRD OR
    OME 885+Dakars, WeatherTech mats, EGR In Channel, PopNLock, Access LE, 3M tint and clear film paint protection, Sport grille, Amsoil, Zaino once in a while.
    It all depend on what you want. I wanted a Timberland green access cab with the off road package, but had to wait for it. It took two months, but I drove my brand new 2011 Access cab with the Off Road package home last night and now my garage smells like a brand new Tacoma!

12. Mar 3, 2011 at 12:07 AM
    sonocotaco

sonocotaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    ken
    Rohnert Park
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Sport AC 4x4 Super White
    I would highly recommend the TRD Sport "road trip" package:D. It does ride a little smoother/softer than the Offroad I just traded in. I've never tried the SR5 but I imagine it would be the most comfortable riding, but I've heard complaints about noseplow. I love to drive twisty backroads and can feel the difference of the bigger swaybar and flatter tires. Good luck with your decision!!!

13. Mar 3, 2011 at 12:10 AM
    gpend5.7sport

gpend5.7sport Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gabe
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    2010 Toyota Tundra TRD Sport
    too damn many
    get a sport! my dads sport would be the perfect truck if it has the 6.5' bed and 4x4 still a badass little truck though, what you have listed was my 3rd choice for trucks and for my list being top 3 is impressive

14. Mar 3, 2011 at 8:19 AM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    The OP bought a truck about 2 months ago

Products Discussed in

To Top