1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

waiting on my '09 tacoma

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by groundpounder17, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Jan 8, 2009 at 7:23 PM
    groundpounder17

groundpounder17 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    '09 Dbl Cab 4x4 OR 6 spd
    Hi guys! I've been lurking on this site for a while now and have found it very informative. Thanks for all of efforts in sharing the knowledge.

I've owned many Toyotas and currently have a '79 FJ40 and an '09 tacoma dbl cab OR 4x4 6 spd with tow package. It's been ordered for about a month now and just came in today. The tint guy had to go to a funeral so he can't tint the windows until saturday, it had been scheduled for today. I am getting quite anxious.

I also have waiting but not installed the trd quickshifter and knob, bug shield, bed mat, and trd cai. I didn't find out about the problems with the bug deflector digging into the hood until I had already purchased it. Does anyone have any suggestions for extra padding of the clips?

Any thoughts or comments on the accessories and options I have chosen?

2. Jan 8, 2009 at 7:27 PM
    Okkine

Okkine Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    1998 Tacoma, V6, Manual Transmission, 4x4
    Congrats, and welcome to TW. I know the feeling. Had to wait for two months for mine to come in, but you'll love it now that it's here. If you haven't signed the papers yet, you can probably cancel the bug deflector, and find an after market one. I don't have one, but do a search and you'll find a good one.

3. Jan 8, 2009 at 7:32 PM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 4runner Limited Looking for a Taco
    It's the wife's T4R so it's stock
    Welcome to TW :D

ERB makes a clip-less bug deflector (it bolts on) if ya can get rid of the one you bough.

Products Discussed in

To Top