1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Waiting patiently...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by flyjbaker, Oct 24, 2008.

1. Oct 24, 2008 at 7:08 AM
    flyjbaker

flyjbaker [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Well I went all over Houston looking for the truck I wanted(MGM dbl cab 4x4 SR5 longbed) and it didn't exist. Either MGM is a really popular color and they are selling out or the distributors/dealers are not ordering them in the first place. Anyway, I had to order it and it is inbound so I must wait patiently. I basically just got SR5 and towing and that is pretty much it. I figgered I could do the floormats/bedmats/runningboards/wheels/etc myself for cheaper so I got a pretty good deal on it. I am new to the board and excited as heck to get back in a Taco. My history of Toyota trucks has been a 90 standard cab 4wd...a 93 xtra cab 4wd and a 2000 xtracab 4wd. I look back over the history of all of my car ownership(including vettes/ZO6/GTO/etc) and the Toyota trucks are the ones I have kept the longest. So I am back and giddy as a schoolgirl.

I guess the first neccessity for it will be floormats. What seems to be the best value in a floormat without going Walmart cheap and looking good???

Thanks in advance. You'll be hearing a lot from me.

John

2. Oct 24, 2008 at 7:13 AM
    SocalMan22

SocalMan22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve-0
    So*Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner Dbl Cab
    What Mods!
    How much are you wanting to spend i say weather tech floor mats are really good. but other people will chime in and give their opinions

3. Oct 24, 2008 at 7:19 AM
    coppert

coppert Mall Krawler

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    I will admit I thought the cheap autozone mats would work, but that lasted a week before I ordered these from a dealer "clearing them out" on ebay

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  4. Oct 24, 2008 at 7:21 AM
    LonghornTaco

LonghornTaco Can you pass the bailout please?

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    Black 09 4x4 TRD Off Road Doublecab
    3" ToyTec coilover lift on Bilstein 5100s, Total Chaos UCAs, ToyTec diff drop, Scangauge II, 4D MagLite mounted on the drivers seat, Painted engine cover, Painted calipers (red), Painted skid plate (red) Valentine 1 radar detector hard wired, Damplifier Pro on the floor, back wall and doors, Luxury Liner Pro on the floor and doors, Kenwood DNX8120, 2 Pioneer TS-SW1041D 10" shallow mount subs, 2 Pioneer PRS-D4200F 1200W amps, Mr Marv sub enclosure, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5" components in the front doors, Alpine 5.25" coaxials in the rear doors, A.R.E. LSII fiberglass tonneau cover, All Pro bumper, All Pro sliders, Wet Okole seat covers, Sockmonkey Mountain badges, PIAA 510 SMR Driving Lights, Warn M8000 Winch, Bud Built skids
    x2 on the weathertech. I finally ordered mine this week and I can't wait for them to get here.

5. Oct 24, 2008 at 7:33 AM
    TacoCo

TacoCo Aspiring wrench monkey

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off-Road DC V6 Magnetic Gray
    Snugtop XV Shell, Yakima Rack, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed, Michelin AT2's, Partially Debadged, HID conversion, Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler, Rear leaf spring TSB, Foglights always on Mod, URD Short Throw Shifter, Toytec Coilovers on the way!
    I've got those too. The Weather Tech's look nice, but they cost more than double what I paid for my Toyota all-weather mats. So far I'm happy with them. They do a nice job of catching water and debris.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  6. Oct 24, 2008 at 7:41 AM
    Dark Knight

Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NC/SC
    Vehicle:
    4Runner Trail, 88 pickup, Tundra Platinum
    A few bolts are different.
    I really like my Husky liners I have had them in every truck/suv I have owned, they hold alot of mud and crud. Congrats on the new truck!

7. Oct 24, 2008 at 8:30 AM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    Congrats on the new truck.

I have the cheapy walmart floor mats. What I want is the weathertech floor LINERS. They protect alot more of the carpet than the mats do. The only reason I haven't jumped on the weathertech yet is the price - $100 give or take a little for just the front. It's on my list of things to get when I get the cash.

8. Oct 24, 2008 at 8:35 AM
    -TRDMAN-

-TRDMAN- ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Clarion Pa
    Vehicle:
    F-150
    Husky liners are the greatest floor mats on planet earth!!!!!!!

Products Discussed in

To Top